• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
She becomes so boring afterwards too :drsad:
Nintendo remembered they almost gave Zelda a personality, and had to put a swift end to that.
I'll always disagree with this take.

After all, which other Zelda can you name who directly helped fight Ganondorf in the final battle before this one instead of just giving support from the sidelines? Say CD-i and Hugh Neutron will send you to the Shadow Realm

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Replaying the Devil May Cry series on my steam deck. Plowing through DMC 1. Good game. But kind of corny.

And honestly the DMC series never really reaches the same heights as classic god of war anyway. When is THAT getting a PC port Sony?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like the whole point of Wind Waker Zelda was that Zelda wasn't the "real her".

She was Tetra, a swashbuckling pirate. And The King of Red Lions pressuring her to play the role of Princess Zelda and stay in hiding was ultimately what got her captured by Ganondorf.

Hence why she goes back to being Tetra in the end, and the King gives up on restoring old Hyrule.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll always disagree with this take.

After all, which other Zelda can you name who directly helped fight Ganondorf in the final battle before this one instead of just giving support from the sidelines? Say CD-i and Hugh Neutron will send you to the Shadow Realm
That's cool that she fights Ganon as well, but the issue is that she becomes one of the most expressive and three dimensional characters as Tetra to stale bread damsel as Zelda. Doesn't help that she doesn't have any plot significance as Zelda either until the end if the game.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's cool that she fights Ganon as well, but the issue is that she becomes one of the most expressive and three dimensional characters as Tetra to stale bread damsel as Zelda.
I really don't get this. Zelda being captured can get kinda old but I didn't think that was a major issue here since it was made clear that Ganondorf had more power than both her and even Link by this point. If anything, Ganondorf was holding back, and it wasn't until Link and Tetra actively worked together, both wielding powerful sacred weapons, that they finally stood a chance to defeat him.

Plus, while it's not always as apparent, Tetra's personality is still very much there as Zelda.

Doesn't help that she doesn't have any plot significance as Zelda either until the end if the game.
Now this I kinda agree with, I still think it's kinda lame that you're unable to talk to her and that she's unable to do anything but sit and wait while Link and co. are going after the temples and the Triforce fragments. She could've been a lot more relevant during the third of the game.

I feel like the whole point of Wind Waker Zelda was that Zelda wasn't the "real her".

She was Tetra, a swashbuckling pirate. And The King of Red Lions pressuring her to play the role of Princess Zelda and stay in hiding was ultimately what got her captured by Ganondorf.

Hence why she goes back to being Tetra in the end, and the King gives up on restoring old Hyrule.
This also ties into the game's message of moving forward towards the future instead of staying stuck in the past. In Wind Waker, Hyrule is simply a lost land of a bygone era, and it's made clear that trying to bring it back by the time the game's story takes place would do far more harm than good, something Ganondorf didn't care about and the King only realized near the very end.

By letting the old Hyrule remain part of the past, KoRLs was helping secure a new, brighter future for Link and Tetra, in addition to everyone else who lived above the Great Sea.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If I had a nickel for every time I had a dream where the Mario movie sucked, I'd have two nixkels

Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice
The best one is still Black and White's IMO. **** goes hard.
I'm partial to Sun and Moon, Ruby and Sapphire, and Gold and Silver's credits themes but yeah there's no doubt that Black and White's goes the hardest

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New shark movie
About the Black Demon legend
Ah yes bring your family to an oil rig. Nothing could possibly go wrong amIrite?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Replaying the Devil May Cry series on my steam deck. Plowing through DMC 1. Good game. But kind of corny.

And honestly the DMC series never really reaches the same heights as classic god of war anyway. When is THAT getting a PC port Sony?
Corny? Whatever do you mean?

Out of the classic God of War games, I've only played the first one, so I'm not sure how 2 or 3 compare to Devil May Cry 3 (especially the Switch version) and 5. (some aspects of God of War are filled with that early-to-mid-2000s edge that makes it a little bit harder for me to get into) Then again, DMC5 and the Switch version of DMC3 are two of my favourite action games. (I'd put Bayonetta 2 above DMC3)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pfffft, lets see how long that actually truly lasts.

People will miss Ash and Pikachu so much they'll bring him back somehow. Trust me, nostalgia sells...
I mean they may for some specials and such, but his story as a whole is finished. He's not the main character anymore, they made that super clear.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 369782
And with this final shot, we have reached the end of Ash and Pikachu's journey
Was nice to see this reunion finally take place:
1679669742727.png

They also left his story open ended. My guess is Ash will stick around in the movies, or we will occasionally see him in the new series, or maybe we will see him in the background.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Was nice to see this reunion finally take place:

They also left his story open ended. My guess is Ash will stick around in the movies, or we will occasionally see him in the new series, or maybe we will see him in the background.
Yeah, there's a difference between keeping a character around and making him important. I'd say even if Ash makes an appearance in the new anime, I don't think it'll be anything too big than some cameos. Let the new generation take the spotlight for a while.

I will not tell you to drink water because I understand
That wasn't very heterosexual of you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I remember when I very first got into Pokémon. I rented the old episodes on dvd and would watch them all the time. I’m pretty sure I have the Pokerap memorized.

Can’t believe Ash is done, bro. I was sure he’d still be ten by the time my kids had kids.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My parents never allowed me to watch the anime as a kid so I only caught a few episodes

I did watch the movies a few years later which was pretty much the catalyst for me getting into Pokémon but I have no major attachment to Ash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Girls can say how hot other girls are, and nobody bats an eye. But I say Leon Resident Evil is attractive... society, SOCIETY calls me gay
View attachment 369797
Shhh shhh shh... It's ok P. We get it

Leon S Kennedy is the most babygirl ever.

Sidenote I bought the original re4 a few days ago, I should get around to it after Prime

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Shhh shhh shh... It's ok P. We get it

Leon S Kennedy is the most babygirl ever.

Sidenote I bought the original re4 a few days ago, I should get around to it after Prime
Damn Leon's an awful protector, smh

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New splatfest dudes let’s gooooo

#TeamAliens

and we’re likely getting a Big Run + new King Salmonid in June. Too bad it won’t be directly on my birthday (June 12) 😭

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So on the past week, a mom in an anime has

1. Abandoned her kid because she didnt even want her
  2. Got hit with cancer
  3. Came back to take her kid back from her adoptive fathers because she doeant know how long has to live
  4. Got ****ing assassinated

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
A brief Wild Kratts analysis

Regularly swears: Jimmy
Occasionally swears: Koki
Has yet to swear, but can if so desired: Martin
Has yet to swear, and refuses to do so: Chris
Legally cannot swear: Aviva

This is canon and I won't be told otherwise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I helped uncover cut content from one of my favorite video games as a kid by being the only one who cares! There were scrapped Master Model gallery images in Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots and until now we just had their file names because nobody had bothered to crack blue tounge studios weird proprietary file format. Bit thanks to me, the files have been cracked and they're up on The Cutting Room Floor's page for the game! Right here! Me! I made this happen! I'm so excited!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I helped uncover cut content from one of my favorite video games as a kid by being the only one who cares! There were scrapped Master Model gallery images in Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots and until now we just had their file names because nobody had bothered to crack blue tounge studios weird proprietary file format. Bit thanks to me, the files have been cracked and they're up on The Cutting Room Floor's page for the game! Right here! Me! I made this happen! I'm so excited!
Now I'm curious, how did you come about this and how did you do that?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Now I'm curious, how did you come about this and how did you do that?
The cutting room floor's page on the game had always had the names of the uncracked files listed. And if you look at the files on disc they're there in the GUI folder plain as day. The page also had a "to-do" note to crack Blue-Tongue's proprietary file format and extract the images. But nobody had ever done it because nobody had ever cared about this old Nicktoons game. But I cared.

So I did digging around on the internet trying to figure out how to do it and eventually I came across a modder named AdventureT who had previously made a file extractor that worked with other Blue Tongue games and was familiar with their engine thanks to his interest in DeBlob modding. I got in contact with him and after a year or so of messaging we finally got the files cracked open and the images extracted. Right now he's working on cleaning up the makeshift tool he created so that is can be released publicly and used for opening and extracting files from any game developed by the studio.

Quoting him directly here "eventually I figured out that the Wii version uses Gamecubes CMPR texture format, so i made a small program with the help of dolphin's (Emulator) source code, which has code for decoding CMPR to RGBA8"

Last edited:
Top Bottom