• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Way to rub further salt on the directors, cast and production teams Zaslav. This almost feels like mirroring Ike Perlmutter vibes.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Way to rub further salt on the directors, cast and production teams Zaslav. This almost feels like getting Ike Perlmutter vibes.
Yeah, I would never want to work under these guys

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Getting back to the Splatoon idols...

It's funny. I used to LOVE AND ADORE Marie with all my being. Nowadays, I still like her...but Ribbon Girl absolutely stole my heart as far as Nintendo idols go. She doesn't have the Kirby-tier deep lore the Splatoon idols (well mostly Off the Hook) do, but she's just so wholesome, cheerful and adorable, I just can't stop smiling whenever I see her. Take the reasons many Splatoon fans like Callie and multiply that by ten. That's why I love Ribbons. Not as complex as other Nintendo characters, but just so bubbly and cheerful it just lifts my mood to think of her.

Please, let her be in ARMS 2!!!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Before I go to sleep I would like to say that the way WBD is treating their creatives is making me genuinely sick to my stomach

Like I wasn't particularly excited for Batgirl or Scoob 2 nor do I really care about the rest of their franchises but as an aspiring writer it makes the future seem very bleak. I have my beef with Disney but at least they released New Mutants despite it being on the cutting room floor for like 3 years

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
longest Phase 1 ever
Yet Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige were able to introduce new superheroes that were within the B to C list tiers that have not reached thae same populatity as the X-Men, Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four and it took many years to build them up within the past phases. The likes of Iron Man, Black Panther, the Guardians of the Galaxy and even Shang-Chi, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel all recieved opportunities to shine as of today.

Just wish the WBD would do the same with Batgirl.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m both surprised yet also not surprised (idk how) by the fact that Nickelodeon and Paramount are already promoting and hyping up TMNT: Mutant Mayhem (the official title for Seth Rogen’s TMNT movie) that releases in theaters this day next year more than they’ve done for the RotTMNT movie that releases on Netflix tomorrow

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait are they really dumping HBO Max?

That was like the best streaming service wtf???
It's doing the fusion dance with Discovery + from what I understand.

But if I'm honest, I'm only interested in the HBO half of that, and maybe Guy Fieri's stuff occasionally.

The thing that does suck is that quite a few animated stuff might be cut. Like Primal, Young Justice, and that new Batman cartoon and Genndy's new show should stay, but ****ty things happens a lot.

I’m both surprised yet also not surprised (idk how) by the fact that Nickelodeon and Paramount are already promoting and hyping up TMNT: Mutant Mayhem (the official title for Seth Rogen’s TMNT movie) that releases in theaters this day next year more than they’ve done for the RotTMNT movie that releases on Netflix tomorrow
Well, movies tend to have a higher priority over all other mediums, for one reason or another. And on top of that, while Rise is pretty neat, it's clearly a weird adaptation of TMNT, so it's harder to sell to multiple generations.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I like the twist on N64 Kalimari Desert
It's because MKT had a variant of Kalimari Desert where you have to drive on the traintrack. I'm glad they incorporated it.

In fact, Wave 2 in general makes me happy for the rest of the pass. They fixed Coconut Mall's cars, added an entirely new track, and made the BCP tracks' textures look more like vanilla MK8.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
50% of my brain right now: It's such a shame what has become of WB as of the past few days. So much has taken a hit and gotten cancelled and I'm scared for the future of so many WB projects and employees.

The other 50%: "You just said Ike, dumbass"

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, movies tend to have a higher priority over all other mediums, for one reason or another. And on top of that, while Rise is pretty neat, it's clearly a weird adaptation of TMNT, so it's harder to sell to multiple generations.
movies do tend to have higher priority…but that only makes it weirder as to why they’ve done little to nothing with the TMNT movie out tomorrow. At least with the Loud House movie that released last year there wasn’t anything at stake. Tomorrow is the last opportunity for the show to get more episodes depending on how well their movie finale does. Probably doesn’t help that Rise doesn’t even air on Nicktoons nor got advertised much when it got put on Paramount+ and Netflix (tho that probably doesn’t mean much when the 2012 series and Spectacular Spider-Man were both shadow dropped on Netflix and reached the Top 10 list for the weeks they popped up)

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Plot twist: the reason for human extinction in Splatoon wasn't rising sea levels or a world war, but Viridi finally losing her patience and nuking the entire world, melting the icecaps and letting the ocean take over the world

No-one knows what happened to Pit and Palutena in the aftermath, but it can't have been good

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
My friend tried to teach me how to play Sea of Thieves. Got immediately wrecked by a pvp ship who thought we had something valuable. I am extremely tired and flustered.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
touch Harley Quinn and Young Justice and I will ****ing burn you to the ground WBD and Zaslav
You know a company is being run by stuffy out of touch buisnessmen when they decide to go after animation.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why the mountain guy focused on this
You know a company is being run by stuffy out of touch buisnessmen when they decide to go after animation.
it’s impressive that they enjoy taking away such an amazing piece of media that’s still not respected

osby

Smash Obsessed
If HBO Max changes cancel Our Flag Means Death, I'm becoming Joker.

Top Bottom