• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It really does feel like Warner Bros. are causing further drama and headlines:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just like what Adil and Billal sufferred, even the talent involved with Batgirl were not informed of the film's cancellation until the news surfaced.

If I were Walter Hamada, I'd walked out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope that everyone at least was payed for both movies that got cancelled. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to learn if that wasn’t the case.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On one hand It would be really cool if they released every single looney tunes/merrie melodies short ever, fully restored on a blu-ray box set. On the other hand, that would mean quite a few racist ones that should never see the light of day.... Maybe i've taken this whole "collector/completionist" thing a little too far.

osby

Smash Obsessed
On one hand It would be really cool if they released every single looney tunes/merrie melodies short ever, fully restored on a blu-ray box set. On the other hand, that would mean quite a few racist ones that should never see the light of day.... Maybe i've taken this whole "collector/completionist" thing a little too far.
I'm against trying to erase the problematic media because I think being aware of it is better than pretending it never existed and then just reinventing the same harmful stuff all over again... but then again, it's not the same as making a profit out of them.

I think making all of them available as open source online (at least the ones not currently up in streaming services or up for sale in other ways) would be the best choice, like how you can access a lot of old books freely.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This post reminded me of the time WB announced they would rerelease the “Censored Eleven” almost 10 years ago, only for the project to be scrapped.

I want them to try again but make it on demand (that is to say when a order comes in they make it)

Although I wonder… will they try and include the Private Snafu shorts? I know they’re not technically Looney Tunes and are all public domain by default, but the shorts were an important part of the WB History and was a early work of Dr Seuss.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This post reminded me of the time WB announced they would rerelease the “Censored Eleven” almost 10 years ago, only for the project to be scrapped.

I want them to try again but make it on demand (that is to say when a order comes in they make it)

Although I wonder… will they try and include the Private Snafu shorts? I know they’re not technically Looney Tunes and are all public domain by default, but the shorts were an important part of the WB History and was a early work of Dr Seuss.
I mean, i'm including them in my binge of the series.

Yes, I'm watching every Looney Tunes short ever made in chronological order. Including the Censored 11 (oh man those ones have been bad so far). I'm already in July of 1938.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
More WBD news, too many stories coming in:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
More WBD news, too many stories coming in:

I'd like to release this guy on hbo max... (i'm asking for people to dox him).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not exactly a fan of corporate CEOs either, and all this discovery stuff is stupid. But doxxing somebody is a serious thing. It invites wackjobs to try and commit violence against these people, and more importantly, their innocent families.

And over a bunch of movies and cartoons? I just don't think it's justified.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not exactly a fan of corporate CEOs either, and all this discovery stuff is stupid. But doxxing somebody is a serious thing. It invites wackjobs to try and commit violence against these people, and more importantly, their innocent families.

I just want to get ahold of his credit card info and spend all his money

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Agreed, Noipoi. I don't think fictional things are worth being worked up about. And from the consequences from it, doxxing is not the answer.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hot take, and I think this may be controversial, but I am not fond of the idea of popularity itself, especially how it is handled. Like in political elections and making Hollywood movies. Technically, they go with the popular candidates, when there are other professional, more experienced, smarter and overall better people to go with than just the 2D cover of a person I call popularity; 2D meaning in this case not enough depth aside from how famous someone is. I think going with the popular candidates for something is lazy, and I also tend to think popularity is based off ignorance, mainly from the ones who view the famous. I mean, the famous do something that makes them well known, but what much more is there to them that people know? To me, popularity is somewhat like judging the book of their cover and not looking at the whole background. A person being popular does not guarantee they are the right choice for something. I just think too many people depend on popularity without going the extra mile of knowing them well enough to decide if they are fitting for something or not.

Sorry, I just had to vent about this.

Top Bottom