• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Final predictions for the presents:

Random recap video with a song by Katy Perry, instantly copy right striking videos.

Gens1-3 on switch, all shadow dropped, spin-off games are mentioned to be coming later.

Pokken 2

Mobile games get a quick highlight

Roy will be confirmed to be related to Ash somehow. Ash will leave the show but be in movies still.

New Mystery dungeon, not a remake. Twist is you’ve always been a Pokémon. Someone else in the story was human and meant to save the world. However dimensional rifts have messed with reality.

DLC for SV. Only one, but it is totally different based on your version. Takes you deeper in the crater and to the mountains.

No Sleep

No Detective Pikachu.

New raid event with legendary Pokémon from gens 1-3. All can be shiny.

Darkhoclosing announcement:

Pokémon Warriors, early 2024.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I had a funny throwaway thought about Ant-Man 3, mostly as a joke (not the modok thing). But I started thinking about it a little more... It lines up.
  • Peyton Reed has really wanted to do a Fantastic Four movie.
  • Quantumania has a pretty big tone shift from the other two movies
  • The Fantastic Four are explorers of the strange and unknown.
  • Kang is far more of a Fantastic Four villain than an Ant-Man villain (I don't even know if Kang has been in an Ant Man solo book)
...Did Quantumania start development as a Fantastic Four movie? And when Jon Watts/Matt Shackman got the job he retooled it into Ant-Man 3?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I had a funny throwaway thought about Ant-Man 3, mostly as a joke (not the modok thing). But I started thinking about it a little more... It lines up.
  • Kang is far more of a Fantastic Four villain than an Ant-Man villain (I don't even know if Kang has been in an Ant Man solo book)
...Did Quantumania start development as a Fantastic Four movie? And when Jon Watts/Matt Shackman got the job he retooled it into Ant-Man 3?
seems that the last 2 films were how he scratched his F4 dream urges a bit

Shroob

Sup?
Final predictions for the presents:

Random recap video with a song by Katy Perry, instantly copy right striking videos.

Gens1-3 on switch, all shadow dropped, spin-off games are mentioned to be coming later.

Pokken 2

Mobile games get a quick highlight

Roy will be confirmed to be related to Ash somehow. Ash will leave the show but be in movies still.

New Mystery dungeon, not a remake. Twist is you’ve always been a Pokémon. Someone else in the story was human and meant to save the world. However dimensional rifts have messed with reality.

DLC for SV. Only one, but it is totally different based on your version. Takes you deeper in the crater and to the mountains.

No Sleep

No Detective Pikachu.

New raid event with legendary Pokémon from gens 1-3. All can be shiny.

Darkhoclosing announcement:

Pokémon Warriors, early 2024.
I don't think both versions would have the weird, patchy spot cut off from the map if only one version was going to get it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never forget that it was also a secret Micronaughts movie because a lot of the new characters in the film were either from that series or homages to characters from that series depending on if their film rights were owned by Hasbro or not.

Jentorra and Krylar are straight up Micronaughts characters. And then Quaz is Arcturus Rann, Xolum is Psyklop, and Veb is Bug. Not to mention Micronaughts was about a group of freedom fighters in a microscopic universe trying to free it from a tyrannical overlord. Just replace said overlord with Kang to tie it into the current MCU saga and boom. A Marvel Micronaughts movie that Hasbro can't sue you over.

I will never let anyone forget this. It's a tribute to an old series of Marvel TOY TIE IN COMICS that nobody remembers! That's brilliant and I love it and it makes me love the movie so much more. It's the kind of thing I would do in a comic book movie. I reminds me of the Ultimen in the DCAU. It's so cool!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Forest Navel.

Already got my blue Pikmin but those guys who shoot fire are really ****ing me up.
I'm way late to reply to this, so my apologies for that, but I still wanted to give some tips and advice here:

Yeah, those are Fiery Blowhogs....They're at their most dangerous in the first game by far. Red Pikmin have higher attack power than any other Pikmin in the game, so I'd recommend going after the ones that are most in your way with a large squad of reds to take them out quickly. The reds' immunity to fire is just a bonus. Most of the Fiery Blowhogs won't respawn for a few more days following the day they're killed, and the same apples to almost every other enemy in the game, so you'll have a few safe days to collect more ship parts without having to worry about them if you take one day to defeat the majority.

Have you found or defeated the large Mushroom-like miniboss yet? If you haven't, it's located in what should be the upper left corner of the map. Go after it early in the day, immediately call your Pikmin away from it whenever it looks like it's about to attack, and bring it's remains and the ship part it drops back to your base ASAP. You'll get a whopping 30 Pikmin seeds from the mini-boss's remains and collect one ship part in the process. If you don't have time to pluck every Pikmin sprout that grows in one day, leave them be. They'll still be there when you visit the area again, and this applies to growing new Pikmin in general.

Certain ship parts are easier to get than others. You should have the Whimsical Radar by this point, so check the map to look for each ship part's general location, work on every bridge and wall that you can in a given day, then go for the easiest routes to get as many brought back to the ship in the span of one day as possible.

Last note: there's one particular ship part called the Libra located on a cliff that can potentially fall into the bottomless pit in the level if not moved carefully. If you're playing the original version of the game and not the New Play Control version, reset the game immediately if this happens, because it's an oversight by the developers and, outside of the New Play Control version, that ship part is doomed to remain there for the rest of the game if you don't reset. I'm not sure which version you're playing, but it's worth noting. For that same reason, I recommend that you make getting it your first priority of a day if you can. That way, if you do need to reset, you won't lose any other progress.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
decided to check out Gurren Lagann due to the old “when I’m bored” meme…so far it’s not bad. Kinda makes me gain Kill La Kill feels

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pikmin 1 Protip:

If you find a GIANT Egg, go touch it a bit

Nothing bad will happen

For sure
Hoo boy, spoilers for the original Pikmin here:

First time I saw that Egg, I was exploring the map early in the day without any Pikmin as a precaution, so I tried to interact with it a few times without damaging it (didn't even realize that I could), but then gave up and walked away because it seemed to be static. This occurred after my first attempt to beat the game, at which point I had already gotten the bad ending with tons of ship parts still remaining, so I decided to start over on a new save file.

So uh, imagine my shock when a giant green smoke monster with glowing eyes suddenly starts stomping towards the base camp and then casually decimates nearly my entire squad. Didn't help that a Swooping Snitchbug also eventually decided to show up before I could kill it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think both versions would have the weird, patchy spot cut off from the map if only one version was going to get it.
Neither do I. What I meant by that is you visit both area zero again and the mountain range in both versions. The contents of what awaits there is different based on versions. Sort of like a Diamond and Pearl clan situation. That concept but applied to a new DLC story, that plays out slightly differently in each version.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm way late to reply to this, so my apologies for that, but I still wanted to give some tips and advice here:

Yeah, those are Fiery Blowhogs....They're at their most dangerous in the first game by far. Red Pikmin have higher attack power than any other Pikmin in the game, so I'd recommend going after the ones that are most in your way with a large squad of reds to take them out quickly. The reds' immunity to fire is just a bonus. Most of the Fiery Blowhogs won't respawn for a few more days following the day they're killed, and the same apples to almost every other enemy in the game, so you'll have a few safe days to collect more ship parts without having to worry about them if you take one day to defeat the majority.

Have you found or defeated the large Mushroom-like miniboss yet? If you haven't, it's located in what should be the upper left corner of the map. Go after it early in the day, immediately call your Pikmin away from it whenever it looks like it's about to attack, and bring it's remains and the ship part it drops back to your base ASAP. You'll get a whopping 30 Pikmin seeds from the mini-boss's remains and collect one ship part in the process. If you don't have time to pluck every Pikmin sprout that grows in one day, leave them be. They'll still be there when you visit the area again, and this applies to growing new Pikmin in general.

Certain ship parts are easier to get than others. You should have the Whimsical Radar by this point, so check the map to look for each ship part's general location, work on every bridge and wall that you can in a given day, then go for the easiest routes to get as many brought back to the ship in the span of one day as possible.

Last note: there's one particular ship part called the Libra located on a cliff that can potentially fall into the bottomless pit in the level if not moved carefully. If you're playing the original version of the game and not the New Play Control version, reset the game immediately if this happens, because it's an oversight by the developers and, outside of the New Play Control version, that ship part is doomed to remain there for the rest of the game if you don't reset. I'm not sure which version you're playing, but it's worth noting. For that same reason, I recommend that you make getting it your first priority of a day if you can. That way, if you do need to reset, you won't lose any other progress.
God, don't even remind me of the Libra.

I hate that section of the Forest Naval due to how narrow it is. Between that and the fire geysers, I feel like that's one of the worst spots in the entire game.
Hoo boy, spoilers for the original Pikmin here:

First time I saw that Egg, I was exploring the map early in the day without any Pikmin as a precaution, so I tried to interact with it a few times without damaging it (didn't even realize that I could), but then gave up and walked away because it seemed to be static. This occurred after my first attempt to beat the game, at which point I had already gotten the bad ending with tons of ship parts still remaining, so I decided to start over on a new save file.

So uh, imagine my shock when a giant green smoke monster with glowing eyes suddenly starts stomping towards the base camp and then casually decimates nearly my entire squad. Didn't help that a Swooping Snitchbug also eventually decided to show up before I could kill it.
Honestly, that's some of the charm of the original Pikmin. The 'bosses' felt like truly mysterious and dangerous, if not paranormal, lifeforms. Whereas Pikmin 2 dials it back a lot on it aside from 2 moments,

1 being the one that everyone remembers.

and 1 being the ****ING BEADY LONG LEGS IN BASE that just randomly appears one day with barely any warning in the Perplexing Pool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Pikachu plushie is kinda creepy lol.

Also no montage video? I sure hope so because they already did one for 1000 Pokémon, and uploaded it to YouTube

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the DLC either isn’t last or they are giving us a pretty good look at it. That’s pretty cool either way.

Top Bottom