• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Depends. Is it dough all the way through or is it just like… it’s skin.
Valid question, I would assume it has some organs. Now if those are dough is a question in itself
And I mean… technically all dogs are edible.
Also true, but it's not commonly eaten where majority of us are from, so I'm going off that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So uh, how does one get good at Pikmin 1

I feel like I'm always wasting my days and having too many of my Pikmin massacred

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There should be an independent version of the oscars, separated from the Acedemy, that can actually reflect talented filmmakers from all over the world AND the popular films loved by the public.

Same goes for video games. Awards shows SHOULD matter. The fact that they are a laughing stock of self aggrandizing inside baseball is something that needs fixed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Valid question, I would assume it has some organs. Now if those are dough is a question in itself
It's a pure Fairy type so I can see it being just a sentient blob of sweets like my pfp.

There should be an independent version of the oscars, separated from the Acedemy, that can actually reflect talented filmmakers from all over the world AND the popular films loved by the public.

Same goes for video games. Awards shows SHOULD matter. The fact that they are a laughing stock of self aggrandizing inside baseball is something that needs fixed.
I mean, there are other big film awards, like Cannes. Maybe it's because I'm European but I always felt like it was just as a big deal as the Oscars.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
MODOK technically becoming an avenger is totally going to become a plotpoint in a future movie.
1677438611544.png

Something's going to happen to temporarily resurrect all the dead Avengers in Secret Wars or something and this ************ is going to be standing next to Iron Man and Black Widow. and cinema will flourish.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just bought Return to Dreamland: Deluxe. TIme for my trust to be betrayed.
Fun fact, Magolor's concept artwork shows details about his design, the most funny one being that the yellow on him symbolizes betrayal as seen in Christianity. Egg Mage Satan's campaign is super fun so I hope you get to enjoy it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So uh, how does one get good at Pikmin 1

I feel like I'm always wasting my days and having too many of my Pikmin massacred
How far have you gotten in the game so far?

Has the original really aged that poorly?
The original game is still great, but mechanically it has a lot of issues that the others don't, or otherwise improved upon:

-The game has a stricter 30 day time limit. 2 doesn't have a time limit at all, which 3's time limit based on how many fruits you can collect in a given day in order to build up rations for the crew, meaning you can extend how much time you have to finish the game. You can extend 3's time limit to as many 99 days, and even that's far more than you'll actually need to complete the game.

-Certain enemies have far more health and quicker attack rates, which can be challenging in some cases, but in others, it mostly just makes taking them out a chore. The Fiery Blowhogs are an especially bad example of this, since the third area is littered with them.

-Certain real time events such as Pikmin growing from the ground and Pikmin drinking nectar take longer than they do in any of the sequels, which can gradually consume the time you spend on a day and can make other tasks abruptly grind to a halt.

-Pikmin tend to die to fire and some water hazards much faster than they do in the sequels, leaving you with an extremely small window to save them. The New Play Control version fixes this, having a patch that allows them to survive burning and suffocation for a few extra seconds.

-Electricity isn't a hazard in the first game, so the Yellow Pikmin are by default more vulnerable than the other two types and are instead the only ones capable of carrying Bomb Rocks (Bomb Rocks are larger and exclusively a hazard in Pikmin 2, while in Pikmin 3 they're much more conveniently usable by every type of Pikmin).

-The game's framerate can be poor compared to the later entries, depending on how many entities are on-screen.

-The New Play Control version of the game has a massive glitch that causes Pikmin to disappear should a defeated enemy's corpse fall on them. These Pikmin essentially "die" as they no longer appear in your squad and are considered dead by the game, but you won't always notice this as the in-game Pikmin counter doesn't subtract the lost numbers from your squad until you bring enough Pikmin out of the onions to add back up to 100. I think 2's New Play Control version may have this glitch as well, but don't quote me on that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
MODOK technically becoming an avenger is totally going to become a plotpoint in a future movie.
View attachment 368678
Something's going to happen to temporarily resurrect all the dead Avengers in Secret Wars or something and this ************ is going to be standing next to Iron Man and Black Widow. and cinema will flourish.
Don't give me hope I'll see Quicksilver again. We were robbed of him.

Shroob

Sup?
Pikmin 1 is all about fumbling like an idiot through your first playthrough and going in with a plan the next.

That, or taking a day to just explore new areas and then planning out what to do.

It's much, MUCH more RTS focused than the other games in the series feel since your actions and Pikmin types are a lot more limited.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
how about both Quicksilvers
The one from WandaVision doesn't count. And X-Men Quicksilver has very little to do with the character and why he's cool. He's not Romani/European inn any way, no Scarlet Witch, no starting as a villain before becoming a hero later, the only thing he's got is being a mutant and being Magneto's kid... and the speed...

Basically I want Aaron Taylor-Johnson Quicksilver or nothing.

I actually think it would be really cool if given the ending of Dr. Strange 2 we got a story where Quicksilver's spirit teams up with Agent's of SHEILD's Ghost Rider to rescue Wanda from hell, restoring both twins to life afterwards. Specially since the MCU wasted Ghost Rider on that show, I think this would be really cool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The one from WandaVision doesn't count. And X-Men Quicksilver has very little to do with the character and why he's cool. He's not Romani/European inn any way, no Scarlet Witch, no starting as a villain before becoming a hero later, the only thing he's got is being a mutant and being Magneto's kid... and the speed...

Basically I want Aaron Taylor-Johnson Quicksilver or nothing.

I actually think it would be really cool if given the ending of Dr. Strange 2 we got a story where Quicksilver's spirit teams up with Agent's of SHEILD's Ghost Rider to rescue Wanda from hell, restoring both twins to life afterwards. Specially since the MCU wasted Ghost Rider on that show, I think this would be really cool.
It’d still be cool to have both Quicksilvers running around together (and maybe Ralph Bohner with the cameo). As for Ghost Rider, unless they decide to ignore both of the MCU ones, it’d be great for either to be seen and used ala Daredevil

Also Wanda might pull a comics and end up living in a small quiet and peaceful village (unless they have Latveria in the MCU real quick) and gets founded by either her kids from another dimension…or I’m wrong and instead Agatha ends up finding and fixing Wanda like she was somewhat trying to do…despite the methods not being the best way to stop an overpowered witch unknowing of what they are

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Partners in Time is wild.

You got bowser Jr whose actually baby bowser and like 6 years old, trying to kidnap peach whose literally in diapers.

Then you got Bowser ingesting magical crystals that are definitely hazardous for kids, only to vomit them up later.

Yoshi’s island gets absolutely wrecked as Mario and Luigi get eaten and sent out the ass of a giant monster Yoshi who sleeps on the edge of the cliff.

Which in all technicality should lead to help falling backwards and destroying everything he lands on.

And that’s just the first two worlds, and not even mentioning the alien time paradox.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally calling it quits for Pokemon Go Hoenn Tour. PST is still on-going but I really don't feel like picking up more Raid passes; I actually lost three of them due to glitches and Customer Support only gave back one. >_>

General Results:
Caught 7 Wild Latias (Two of which were Shiny!). Saw about 20 of them just walking around, and some just standing and using an Incense.
Caught 14 Kyogre (with one Shiny!)
Caught 16 Groudon (including my first Shiny!)
Caught 19 Rayquaza (most weren't during the Tour, just over the past few days, including a Shiny)
Caught 2 Shiny Pikachu (One Brendan and one May!) 🧡
Caught Shiny Trapinch, Sunny Castform, Shuppet, Trapinch, and Unown E
Completed the Hoenn Dex!
Completed the Platinum Fire and Field Research Medals
Walked about 10 KM

The Shiny Rate definitely seemed lower than the previous two years, considering the event was free however, that's not too surprising. Latias also was spawning a LOT more frequently than the Legendary Cats last year, I even saw two spawn at once, but that balances out as the Eon Duo were version exclusive so you could only choose one to appear.

I'm not sure what they have planned for Sinnoh Tour next year as we still need Manaphy, Phione, and Arceus. There's also the remaining Hisui Pokemon and forms if they count. I would bet for Go Fest this year, we'll get Manaphy with wild Phione, but for the Tour we'll see Origin Dialga & Palkia with Shiny Manaphy or Shaymin Master Research. I have no idea how they plan on tackling the 18 different Arceus forms. Ironically, Unova is only missing Volcarona.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Last night, on a whim, I decided to watch The Menu (a movie). It was pretty good. I don't watch many R Rated movies, so it throwing around the F word like candy was genuinely a new experience for me (I don't mind, I swear a lot myself, it was just unique).

I'm also in the theater about to watch Ant-Man. I don't have particularly high expectations, but I liked Thor 4 a bit more than most (It was alright) so maybe I have low enough standards to like this.
You are among the few people I have seen who liked Love & Thunder.
Heck I thought it was better than Ragnarok.

Top Bottom