• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

these Obama/Trump/Biden gamer AI videos are oddly high quality…even if AI ends up taking over everything we know and love
I like the ones where they're playing competitive Pokemon

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It's simple really:
Making president say things that are outlandish and are obviously not true: funny

Stealing jobs from already underpaid VAs: not funny
I mean considering some of the **** that real politicians have said it is not that outlandish lmao

I guess I am more annoyed at the fact that these types of videos help normalize AI Voice acting which is no good.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean considering some of the **** that real politicians have said it is not that outlandish lmao

I guess I am more annoyed at the fact that these types of videos help normalize AI Voice acting which is no good.
Oh yeah, that'a definitely a problem.

Though don't the VAs gotta sign the rights to their voice over for big corpos to use AI? Like I would assume that's the big barrier that won't make AI VA mainstream

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Though don't the VAs gotta sign the rights to their voice over for big corpos to use AI? Like I would assume that's the big barrier that won't make AI VA mainstream
So, it seems even voices actors are losing their jobs to AI now?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My family took us to a surprise con today, and while it was nothing to crazy, there weee so pretty cool people there. Most notably my brother and I got to meet the legend himself:
1677373215071.jpeg

Which was pretty neat!
I would really appreciate some feedback on this
I like yellowish color on the back. Think it could use some touch ups to make it stand out more from just snakes or other fire snake concepts. Playing around with the colors like that could be a strong first step to nailing the design and it’s concept.
So that pokemonsleep.com taking you to a Pokémon Presents page was apparently unofficial and made by a random person.
We’ll I guess that shouldn’t be to surprising. I’ was shocked sleep still seemed alive. I don’t think it is though, it probably got dropped awhile ago. Which also opens up the question of how many reveals will actually be here?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last night, on a whim, I decided to watch The Menu (a movie). It was pretty good. I don't watch many R Rated movies, so it throwing around the F word like candy was genuinely a new experience for me (I don't mind, I swear a lot myself, it was just unique).

I'm also in the theater about to watch Ant-Man. I don't have particularly high expectations, but I liked Thor 4 a bit more than most (It was alright) so maybe I have low enough standards to like this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last night, on a whim, I decided to watch The Menu (a movie). It was pretty good. I don't watch many R Rated movies, so it throwing around the F word like candy was genuinely a new experience for me (I don't mind, I swear a lot myself, it was just unique).

I'm also in the theater about to watch Ant-Man. I don't have particularly high expectations, but I liked Thor 4 a bit more than most (It was alright) so maybe I have low enough standards to like this.
The Menu was one of my favorites from last year. A really different “horror” movie. Fun dialog and one of the craziest endings I’ve seen in a movie. It’s a pretty great film.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m only just realizing that there’s an official Smash Ultimate tier list…Pit should be ranked higher than everyone else and I’m very biased when saying that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I do gotta ask why are :ultlucina::ultchrom::ultken: (mostly the Awakening duo) far apart from:ultmarth::ultroy::ultryu:? There’s no way each pair has that much of a drastic difference from

Tho seeing :ultpit::ultdarkpit: stay together is deserved. Even better how they kept the :ultpeach::ultdaisy: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus: :ultsimon::ultrichter: pairings together on the tier list.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ideas are when your brain drinks its brain juice, gets 8 hours of sleep and eats its vegitables.

My brain eats candy all day, drinks Dr Pepper and get around 7 hours of sleep
My brain eats nothing but cheese, sleeps 12 hours a day, and drinks a lot of water... different causes of the same problem I think...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I do gotta ask why are :ultlucina::ultchrom::ultken: (mostly the Awakening duo) far apart from:ultmarth::ultroy::ultryu:? There’s no way each pair has that much of a drastic difference from

Tho seeing :ultpit::ultdarkpit: stay together is deserved. Even better how they kept the :ultpeach::ultdaisy: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus: :ultsimon::ultrichter: pairings together on the tier list.
The differences actually matter more than you think. Lucina is just much more consistent, Marth's tippers are very difficult to land in this game. Chrom's recovery is complete dog s**t, he ends up dying way earlier than Roy on average. Ken and Ryu are a bit of an outlier since Ryu is generally doing better these days, but Ken has the speed and damage advantage and people tend to favor that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The differences actually matter more than you think. Lucina is just much more consistent, Marth's tippers are very difficult to land in this game. Chrom's recovery is complete dog s**t, he ends up dying way earlier than Roy on average. Ken and Ryu are a bit of an outlier since Ryu is generally doing better these days, but Ken has the speed and damage advantage and people tend to favor that.
Didn’t realize the Chromicide would be that big of a disadvantage for him compared to Ike’s, and the tipper is always a thing I forget holds Marth back a bit this time. As for Ryu and Ken (or Ken and Ryu since that sounds better), kinda surprised Ken is faster

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
In my run of Super robot wars OG i got to the one character that people in north america actually recognize from this series due to his Project X Zone appearance.
Sangrzonvolt.png

The GigaChad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
never really thought much about it before
Although each is a different render, only Prime 1 Samus is a weird outlier, cause she lacks the usual anime flair she had in literally every other game from like Super Metroid or so. Prime 1 remaster is slightly weirder Gamecube Prime 1 just cause he has no bangs or even a few fringes like the OG.

And design wise, Zero Mission onward kind of gave Samus's hair some consistency in its style. It's like seeing Link going back to Dark Brown hair after being Blonde or Dirty Blonde for so long.

Although at least she isn't Jax from Mortal Kombat, as much as I like him, they stopped settling on a particular look for him after Special Forces. Now he'll look like a different Black Man every other game.

I really hope the next Mortal Kombat (or any NRS game) isn't FTP or a live service game. But I really don't trust WB Games anymore.
Agreed. Even in the most generous of situations, a game not being able to be sold physically, particularly MK, would suck.

I don't know how MVC1 handled those, I never played it.
Basically, non-playable characters could be sent out as an assist in most team games. Some were OP like Colossus, and they had a limited number of uses in-game, rather than a cool down in modern team games. I feel like in a way using that in Smash would be cool, but within the context of how Marvel vs Capcom expanded the Assist System in 2 and 3, and Infinite's Tag System being a little more Tekken Tag 2, it might be mechanically a step back. While it would be cool for cameos and the like, A handful of them were re-used assets, which could explain why the mechanic was implemented in the first place, though there's plenty new ones too.

Again, I feel like Smash could try it this way since they never had active assists that function like a traditional game, but only an item. But imagine picking Axl or Hammer Bro or who ever would pretty sick. So I get the appeal. It's just that MVC expanded this idea and intergrated it into the team you select, not only would you have access to 2 assists at anytime when you have one character out, but each character had 3 options for said assist. Allowing for some more in-depth team building.

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Katamari Damacy's "Ursa Major" level in a nutshell: "I know your katamari is big enough to pick up a massive grizzly bear, but you lightly brushed against a clump of dust that's vaguely shaped like a bear, so we're going to kick you out of the level"

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Rounding out the starter trio
1677417517613.png

This one was surprisingly easy to draw despite the design not forming in my head as naturally. I hate slugs but I think I managed to make a cute one that I like

Of course there's a lot of room for improvement and I welcome any feedback

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Companies are starting to sneak that clause into contracts, seemingly in hopes VAs won't notice. And then we still have internet users making our voices say things we don't want, unfortunately.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Rounding out the starter trio
View attachment 368663
This one was surprisingly easy to draw despite the design not forming in my head as naturally. I hate slugs but I think I managed to make a cute one that I like

Of course there's a lot of room for improvement and I welcome any feedback
I might redraw it as an Octopus, I still like this one but the concept might work just as well for an Octopus Pokémon if not better

osby

Smash Obsessed
I might redraw it as an Octopus, I still like this one but the concept might work just as well for an Octopus Pokémon if not better
I liked the slug concept but maybe seeing it from above may give a better idea about its body shape.

Top Bottom