• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, really sucks when cancellations happens, especially the ones that look good. It's certainly not fun for both the fans and for the creators. Doesn't help that some of the things I like feel like they could potentially disappear someday.

Speaking of one, Arcanir Arcanir . So Teppen recently got a new big update at the start of the month. The new Adventure Mode.

Basically, a Single-player roguelike(which Smash Run from 3DS may or may not have similarities since I've compared it to Smash Run) adventure mode where you fight against other Capcom characters that use in-game Teppen artwork to represent them and are controlled by AI. Basically, kinda like Spirits, except you aren't fighting against them possessing a Hero, you are actually fighting them, but they use a still-artwork from one of their Teppen cards as their main look and they can have their own Hero Art with their own effects. Basically:
Screenshot_20220803-163314_TEPPEN.jpg
Screenshot_20220802-220410_TEPPEN.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-235305_TEPPEN.jpg

I can fight against other Capcom characters like Vile and Sagat or generic enemies like Great Jaggi, a Zombie or a Lava Man with Nina, Nergigante, Felyne, etc. Even if they aren't their own skins or unique characters, or despite the fact that this is still a card game rather than a fighting game, it still feels wild to see and imagine these characters fighting each other, especially Nina fighting against a character like Tyrant-002, Chameleos, Sakura, and more.
And I have been having alot of fun with the mode. It's grindy, but it's a fun grind for me. Especially when all of the AI characters have their own decks(and they have multiple decks that can change per map) and is not somebody online using a boring Meta deck. It kinda feels like Smash Run in a way in that not every playthrough is the same. And it's also cool to hear Battle in the Coming Days against the Breath of Fire enemies.
Hopefully, the day of Breath of Fire getting in a Vs. Capcom game gets closer and closer. Or Capcom makes a Capcom All-Stars fighting game like they should be doing. Like even if Teppen is mostly artwork and card fights, the artwork, lore and themes really show how much fun the developers, artists and writers are having with the characters.
Like the latest set that released is about Sir Arthur trying to save Princess Prin-Prin from the Village from Resident Evil 8, with him encountering the Four Lords and Miranda, alongside some other monsters like Espinas from Monster Hunter and Echidna from DMC4, who is having a turf war with Moreau. And while that's happening, Felicia has become a ringmaster for a circus consisting of Blanka, Vega, Victor from Darkstalkers and the Berry Big Circus characters from Ace Attorney. And she ends up angering Lady Dimitrescu eventually. :laugh:

Anyway, Capom All-Stars crossover fighter when, Capcom?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
G-Max Eevee is probably one of Caitlin's favorite Pokemon because if she was gigantic, she'd DEFINITELY G-Max Cuddle all her friends Eevee-style

Caitlin is one of the most wholesome things in all of media, change. my. mind.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Caitlin is one of the most wholesome things in all of media, change. my. mind.
I can't, because I watched Total Drama like a normal human being.

I know we don't know each other that well so I just wanna clarify that this is a joke and I'm not actually trying to insult you lol

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I can't, because I watched Total Drama like a normal human being.

I know we don't know each other that well so I just wanna clarify that this is a joke and I'm not actually trying to insult you lol
No worries, I've lurked this forum for a long long time and I've come to understand that most digs thrown about here are just jokes.

And I'm fully aware that I'm not a normal human being by now, after all I actually LIKE male Corrin. :4pacman:

Regarding what TD installments are the best...it's Ridonculous Race and it ain't even close. Though World Tour DOES have Lindsay's "WHAT??? THERE'S A SALE AT THE KHAKI BARN??? Unholy screech" and that's good

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I'm not sure how this news fits into the rest of today, but I'm going to guess that this is going to be one of the things removed from HBO Max in the near future.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now that I finished all 39 episodes of Rise of the TMNT, I can say that overall the show is very great. 2012 is still far better imo, but Rise definitely deserves a 2nd chance from Nick if their movie finale ends up doing well on Netflix

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

I'm not sure how this news fits into the rest of today, but I'm going to guess that this is going to be one of the things removed from HBO Max in the near future.
PLEASE

let the chaos flow like wine

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a nice trade off for no Rick & Morty yet

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Wait, WB actually being kinda based for ****ting on the Snyder Cult like that. I hate those people, they're a bunch of assholes.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now idk why I think of that Marceline song often, I haven't seen it in years. Now before I understood age dynamics and stuff, I lowkey wanted her and Finn to get together. I should've seen the writing on the wall from a mile away.

any cute black emo vampire girls out there haha asking for a friend

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
rendering reaction video

had a hard time giving commentary tho because none of the Direct really wowed me, it was just pleasant

plus i am out of practice trying to be funny verbally and tired from a long, kinda hectic work day so :040:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn that’s just unfortunate

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

On one hand, what is this weird hate boner they seam to have with movies already made and released direct to streaming? I get not wanting to make more but why **** on the ones you've already made? On the other hand, if the Snyder Cut is a casualty of this then I see that as a small victory.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
still is the top trending show on HBO Max rn…but I worry that WBD are too stupid to realize the importance

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
My doctor had prescribed me paxlovid to fight my covid a few days ago and I’ve been dealing with its constant assault on my taste buds since it started. I hate paxlovid mouth so much. I’m glad that it’s helping me no longer have a deadly disease but man does it feel like I’m being punished for secret crimes sometimes.

Top Bottom