• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fitting she plays Disgust in that movie because thats all I feel when I see her Velma show

If Sega took me up on my fighting game ideas, it could happen.
I really want a Sonic fighting game that plays like MvC. Sonic Smackdown sold me on it. It just needs the team gameplay. Plus you could bring in the idea of Sonic Heroes teams with that idea!

Also I want Sonic to have a new horse friend. And a dog. And a porcupine.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
the biggest Marvel game disappointment since MvCI now comes to an unfortunate end…had such great storytelling and acting…oh well rip in peace
Surprised it lasted so long tbh. Game was very mixed. Way to short of a campaign, characters barely got any weight to them. Should have made it a mrs marvel or captain America game because they were the best imo. Kamala for her character, and cap for his gameplay.

Never played the DLC but saw it was very mixed.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi you're the expert on Canadian cartoons here, thoughts on Johnny Test?
View attachment 366779
Shucks, me, an expert?

Well, I, the Smashboardian expert on all things Canadian and animated, will bring down the almighty, undeniable verdict upon Johnny Test THAT...

It's okay :004:

Doesn't quite hit the same as many of CN's other Canadian imports, but it has its moments and isn't as bad as some would say

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really want a Sonic fighting game that plays like MvC. Sonic Smackdown sold me on it. It just needs the team gameplay. Plus you could bring in the idea of Sonic Heroes teams with that idea!
MvC style would be perfect, exactly what I had in mind for my game

Also I want Sonic to have a new dog friend.
Got ya covered

3AF7E660-FBFA-48D3-9C58-71CAA8097AAE.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!

Also I want Sonic to have a new horse friend. And a dog. And a porcupine.
A horse as a sonic character just sounds weird.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
the biggest Marvel game disappointment since MvCI now comes to an unfortunate end…had such great storytelling and acting…oh well rip in peace
Seems like a shame that they're ending things off with Winter Soldier (who, from what I've seen, plays almost identically to Captain America) rather than someone like Captain Marvel - given that Ms. Marvel is the main character of the story, I figured that Captain Marvel would have made for a good final update.

Still, hopefully future Avengers games abandon the "games as a service" model.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
For those interested

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Surprised it lasted so long tbh. Game was very mixed. Way to short of a campaign, characters barely got any weight to them. Should have made it a mrs marvel or captain America game because they were the best imo. Kamala for her character, and cap for his gameplay.

Never played the DLC but saw it was very mixed.
the campaign was longer if you got stuck dying, dealing with glitches, and struggling with how slow everybody was
Worst part of Marvel's Avengers is that in inadvertently killed the GotG game on launch.
it also nearly damaged Midnight Suns, but that game made sure to not get screwed over
Seems like a shame that they're ending things off with Winter Soldier (who, from what I've seen, plays almost identically to Captain America) rather than someone like Captain Marvel - given that Ms. Marvel is the main character of the story, I figured that Captain Marvel would have made for a good final update.

Still, hopefully future Avengers games abandon the "games as a service" model.
Both her and She-Hulk were meant to be in the game, but as you can tell…dead as **** plans now
For those interested

the good content

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is it weird to say I still have NO idea what Fire Emblem Engage is.
I think it's, like, an N-Gage game or something, but I have no idea why someone would release an N-Gage game twenty years after it released.

Or even one.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I have finally been able to pick up my copy of Engage

now I just need to decide whether or not to start the game or continue with Xenoblade 3 I am about 25-ish hours into Xenoblade but I know I still have 75 hours left but also I assume engage would also be about 50-ish hours so...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
got Persona 3 and 4 on the Switch. After I finish FE Engage, I’ll have 2 more RPGs to play through (tho I have no idea whether I’m gonna use P3 Makoto or FemC Kotone)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They already said that, with Frontiers, they’re trying to merge the canon into one timeline and get everything together.

Whether that means we’ll see the classic guys in modern media, who knows.
I think that was moreso referring to like, style consistency. The 90's cartoons were a radically different style from the games, Sonic X had an original character who's supposed to be the audience's PoV, Boom was a sitcom that may as well be a different franchise and although I haven't seen Prime, I get the feeling that the whole multiverse aspect of the show isn't going to be referenced beyond Sonic getting his Prime look as Frontiers DLC.

Though Ian Flynn giving us Honey the Cat back again would be really nice

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
these broke ass MJs

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Before we go off the Sonic topic, just wanted to figure out some voice castings for characters without voices/current voices

-Honey the Cat (Faye Mata or Kira Buckland)
-E-102 Gamma (David Lodge)
-Emerl (undecided)
-Mephiles the Dark (Ian Sinclair)
-Erazor Djinn (Richard Epcar)
-Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel (Xander Mobus)
-Bean the Dynamite (Griffin Puatu)
-Bark the Polar Bear (undecided)
-Mighty the Armadillo (undecided)
-Ray the Flying Squirrel (undecided)
-Tangle the Lemur (Cherami Leigh)
-Whisper the Wolf (Anairis Quinones)
-Dr. Starline (Taliesin Jaffe)
-Surge the Tenrec (Sarah Anne Williams)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Trust me, I more than anyone else would LOVE to see a Sonic character based on a centipede, and I don't mean a Badnik

Charmy Bee needs a cool older brother figure
True dat!

I also want some fish-based characters. Yeh we’ve got mimic the octopus but we haven’t seen any Sonic marine characters yet in the main continuity besides him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Before we go off the Sonic topic, just wanted to figure out some voice castings for characters without voices/current voices

-Honey the Cat (Faye Mata or Kira Buckland)
-E-102 Gamma (David Lodge)
-Emerl (undecided)
-Mephiles the Dark (Ian Sinclair)
-Erazor Djinn (Richard Epcar)
-Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel (Xander Mobus)
-Bean the Dynamite (Griffin Puatu)
-Bark the Polar Bear (undecided)
-Mighty the Armadillo (undecided)
-Ray the Flying Squirrel (undecided)
-Tangle the Lemur (Cherami Leigh)
-Whisper the Wolf (Anairis Quinones)
-Dr. Starline (Taliesin Jaffe)
-Surge the Tenrec (Sarah Anne Williams)
I mean… I know whose voices I use in my head for some of these guys when I read the comics. But you’ed probably tell me they’re too “unrealistic” or whatever since I really only know union VAs.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Honey the Cat is funny because it shows that SEGA can take any of their characters, make a fursona for them, and immediately get Sonic fans 1000 times more invested.
insane how Honey the Cat is one of Sonic fans' only bits of contact with classic SEGA stuff that isn't Binkly the Dinkly for the Nintendo Gamecube

Top Bottom