• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero

osby

Smash Obsessed
This was one of the most intense matches I've ever seen

Also, showdown allows megas and z-moves?
Thanks!

And yep, Terastallizing is also allowed. Not sure if you can use all of them in the same match though. I think the other two are fine but Mega Evolutions can be frustrating because only a handful of Pokemon can use them.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whenever I get around to playing Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory, I'm going to play it with my arcade stick.

A rhythm game like that with a normal controller doesn't feel right.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's National Dex, which is what it sounds like - everything from previous games are allowed (unless it's dynamax because nobody liked it)
I think it's because Pokemon Showdown was made with 6 vs 6 singles in mind.

From what I can tell, Dynamax was made with how Japan online plays tend to go in mind - partial team battles - so it doesn't quite fit into the format most competitive Western players use.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think it's because Pokemon Showdown was made with 6 vs 6 singles in mind.

From what I can tell, Dynamax was made with how Japan online plays tend to go in mind - partial team battles - so it doesn't quite fit into the format most competitive Western players use.
Yeah, I know (I play Smogon on occasion). I just figured I'd explain it to her, because it's an obvious follow up question when you have all the other generational gimmicks at once

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright, after some deliberation, here's my starter trio concept:

Grass/Bug type Assassin bug that becomes a Grass/Dark type Hashashin, representing Islam.
Fire type lamb that becomes a Fire/Steel Knight Templar, representing Christianity.
Water type Hippo that becomes a Water/Fairy Kohen, a Jewish Priest, representing Judaism.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Okay! I've got my ice age fossils figured out!

A woolly rhino and a sabre-toothed tiger. Both are ice types, will need to figure out their secondary types later.

Am I using the ice age fossils as an excuse to do less research on ice types? Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

A woolly rhino and a sabre-toothed tiger. Both are ice types, will need to figure out their secondary types later.

Am I using the ice age fossils as an excuse to do less research on ice types? Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing
God hopefully someday I can share all the stuff I came up with for my Pokémon region about dinosaurs and fossil Pokémon. But only when it’s closer to done.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Here's a free idea for an ice type. Ice Poison type that's somewhat melted, containing illnesses that nature has not seen in centuries. Make it a legendary if you want with an ability that causes passive damage at the end of every turn to every mon on the field

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Here's a free idea for an ice type. Ice Poison type that's somewhat melted, containing illnesses that nature has not seen in centuries. Make it a legendary if you want with an ability that causes passive damage at the end of every turn to every mon on the field
Honestly part of the reason I'm avoiding ice types is because there's very little ice in my country. It rarely snows here and it's usually contained to a select few areas. There's like one area here that I can think of to base an icy area on and I don't know much about it.

I will keep your idea in mind though, probably for a legendary

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of illnesses, a virus Pokemon would be really interesting. The closest we have is probably the Solosis family but there's a lot of potential in making an undead venomous creature.

Top Bottom