• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd like to hear your opinions on something: In FireRed/LeafGreen, there was a Pokédex feature that lists Pokémon by habitat.
This sadly didn't return in later games but I still made habitats for Pokémon from gens 4-8 and currently working on gen 9.

Here's my question: Should the Paradox Pokémon should have the same habitat as the modern day Pokémon they're based off of or should I put them all in the Rare habitat (since they're out of their own time)?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'd like to hear your opinions on something: In FireRed/LeafGreen, there was a Pokédex feature that lists Pokémon by habitat.
This sadly didn't return in later games but I still made habitats for Pokémon from gens 4-8 and currently working on gen 9.

Here's my question: Should the Paradox Pokémon should have the same habitat as the modern day Pokémon they're based off of or should I put them all in the Rare habitat (since they're out of their own time)?
I'd say Rare. They're this games equivalent of UBs, so it makes sense they'd count under that distinction, as they technically don't have a proper habitat in the modern ecosystem outside of Area Zero.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Oh sweet, this raid has a support Grimmsnarl."

Damage Grimmsnarl

But y tho
120 base attack baaaaaby.

I wanna run a VGC team with offensive Grimsnarl for the memes one of these days. No one will see it coming.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Would Total War and Company of Heroes actually be worth repping in a SEGA Smash clone or were they just in Transformed for promotional reasons?
I think Total War is deserving of some representation - a character could work but I also think it could get by just fine with, say, a stage

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it’s crazy how people don’t think Miles Morales is Spider-Man

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been enjoying what I've played of Pokemon Violet so far. Today, I beat my second and third gym leaders (Brassius, the grass gym leader, and Iono, the electric one), along with my first two Titan Pokemon. (no Team Star bases yet, though)

I'm glad that Pokemon has an optimistic tone, because otherwise, I'd be too worried about Arven's storyline to continue with it. I'm assuming that his Mabosstiff is going to make a full recovery, whereas even a slightly more cynical storyline would have the Herba Mystica fail to do anything, or even worse, he gets the final herb only for things to suddenly take a turn for the worse for his Mabosstiff, and I don't think I'd be able to take that well.

Also, considering that Nemona is basically Pokemon Goku, I find it funny that one character that she's associated with is Geeta. (I'm assuming it's pronounced with a hard g like in gorilla, but having it be a soft g like giraffe would make her name sound like Vegeta)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've been enjoying what I've played of Pokemon Violet so far. Today, I beat my second and third gym leaders (Brassius, the grass gym leader, and Iono, the electric one), along with my first two Titan Pokemon. (no Team Star bases yet, though)

I'm glad that Pokemon has an optimistic tone, because otherwise, I'd be too worried about Arven's storyline to continue with it. I'm assuming that his Mabosstiff is going to make a full recovery, whereas even a slightly more cynical storyline would have the Herba Mystica fail to do anything, or even worse, he gets the final herb only for things to suddenly take a turn for the worse for his Mabosstiff, and I don't think I'd be able to take that well.

Also, considering that Nemona is basically Pokemon Goku, I find it funny that one character that she's associated with is Geeta. (I'm assuming it's pronounced with a hard g like in gorilla, but having it be a soft g like giraffe would make her name sound like Vegeta)
Which starter did you pick?

Top Bottom