• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Bruh where are all of you finding these shinies? am I just unlucky because not just on here but other places I have seen people consistently finding full odds shinies.
With the shiny charm, I just wander around until a shiny pops up.

I've only made a couple of sparkling power sandwiches, so most of my shinies are just making use of the fact that lots of Pokemon spawn.

Shroob

Sup?
Shiny hunting is dull, but doing specific hunts with Sandwich powers makes it really easy, unless your target shares a type with 'mons that also spawn in the same area ala Roaring Moon.

Then there's Flutter Mane, where you can literally stand still and only shiny ones will spawn due to a glitch during the daytime.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Theoretically, doesn't the host only need to start the picnic and the sandwich creation? If I were to bring the Herba Mystica, wouldn't that work?
Your suppose to be able to make it together, but when I was hosting, it wouldn’t let me make sandwiches with any friends I’ve played with for whatever reason.
So no, you don't have fun
Since Gen 6 shiny hunting has been pretty easy and a fun way to spend some side time while doing stuff like house/school work, watching tv, etc.

Friend safaris, like half an hour to encounter a shiny most of the time. SOS, an hour to easily rack up multiple shinies, sword and shield….

Games were so bad, they broke the freaking main gimmick for hunting shinies. Masuda wasn’t fun most of the time either. Dynamax adventures, got literally 3 shinies from it lol.

Giratina in like less then 100 encounters, rayquaza in about 200, and a year on and off with over 500 won and like 200+ lost Zygarde raids to get a shiny.

scarlet and violated on the other hand, goated in every way, especially shiny hunting. Every time I’ve popped a Sanewich, I’ve picked up 2 shinies minus Like 3 or 4 times so far.

So most of these definitely fun methods. Then there’s Dynamax adventures. Great In concept, can be hell in execution though.

I hope Scarlet and Violet gives us every legendary Pokémon again in a more fun way. I’d take the BDSP slate method if it meant I only had to soft reset.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know that Farigiraf team I made?

I thought it was just a meme but I guess an actual former world champion coincidently converged on the same Farigiraf/Hariyama/Kingambit/Torkoal core I used.

I guess that stuff is natural when your options are so limited but it does boost my confidence in my own team building. Great minds think alike and all that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy Holidays everyone!

Hopefully ya'll have some chill ones, gonna start work today on my list of best movies of 2022. I decided to delay the worst movies post to next week if ya'll don't mind. And tomorrow I will finally post the whole GotG LEGO Advent Calendar which will be fun too.

D

Deleted member

Well people, It is finally here after so much build up and time... My list of best movies of 2022. This one was quite fun to work around and I feel the choices I've made are more diverse this year which is always cool.

Keep in mind that there are some movies which I really wanted to watch but haven't been able to due to time constraints or similar issues (such as Top Gun Maverick or The Woman King for example). So with that said... Let's get to It.

Despite a really mediocre and stereotypical main villain, I feel that this movie does still hold up really well and the whole arc Batman goes through all the movie is fascinating.

I already talked about this movie a long time ago so ya'll already know what I liked and didn't like, but in general just know that It is an exciting crime movie with some really good action scenes.

Really Dark and yet beautiful movie about war and it's consequences on kids' childhoods. Del Toro delivers yet another masterpiece which leaves the viewer thinking and feeling a lot of emotions. Imo a must watch if you are a fan of the director and animation in general.

Really hilarious, fun and exciting movie as a whole. Went to watch It with my Friends and my Crush (It was infact the first time I went to the cinema with the latter). My friends describe It as a live action anime in the way It was presented and honestly while I don't necessarily agree I can see where they come from and It is a fair statement.

Brad Pitt does a really fun main character, Bad Bunny (the short time he is on the movie at least) makes for a cool and entertaining character too and the rest of the cast also does an incredible, hysterical and sometimes emotional roles.

I would really reccomend It if you are looking for a fun Japanese-inspired action comedy. It is worth at least one watch.

Really emotional and powerful movie. As I said in my review I feel that all the actors do a really great interpretation for each character and the music really helps carry this production.

Namor is a really fascinating and interesting villain, I'd argue even more so than his comic book counterpart.
There's some debate about whether or not this movie is rewatchable, but imo It truly is just for the fight scenes and the Talocan stuff alone.

A must watch for Marvel fans, and a great tribute to Boseman's legacy.
Dragon Ball Super Hero: really fun action comedy from this classic franchise. My friends, my Crush and I had a blast watching It. Although It isn't as epic in style and music as Super Broly, which is why It didn't make the top 5.

Uncharted: really fun and entertaining action movie with some creative set pieces. Any movie where they have fights on modern age ships getting carried through the air by helicopters is cool in my eyes.

Sonic 2: fun and entertaining kids movie. Imo not as clever with the jokes as the first movie but still a fun time nonetheless. Agent Stone and Tails steal the movie for me imo.

Multiverse Of Madness: a decent multiversal Adventure which sadly doesn't do some characters such as Wanda enough justice. It has a lot of fun and creative action scenes, although I feel another certain movie handled the multiverse better :) . But overall I had a great time with It.

Man, what a masterpiece.

The acting is phenomenal, specially by the part of Michelle Yeoh, Jonathan Ke Quan and Stephanie Hsu. The three of them really manage to sell you on the whole idea of the Multiverse and imo really carry the movie.

The set pieces are really good, the dark humor is handled well enough and the whole thing was so worth It to watch on theaters.

It also has a really good message about Family, and how mothers will for the most part try to do what they think is the best for their childs, even if sometimes they fail misserably at it.

If there's any movie I wish to rewatch on the big screen this year, It would be Wakanda Forever and this one. The whole thing was just that great.

I do need to warn for those Who may wish to watch It that It has some scenes which may be troublesome for those who have epilepsy or visual issues, so be weary of that.

But yeah, overall this is an easy must watch. Really worth It all through out.
So yeah, that is all. Hopefully ya'll had a fun time reading It all, and next week I'll bring you all my list of worst movies of the year.
Happy holidays! :)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well people, It is finally here after so much build up and time... My list of best movies of 2022. This one was quite fun to work around and I feel the choices I've made are more diverse this year which is always cool.

Keep in mind that there are some movies which I really wanted to watch but haven't been able to due to time constraints or similar issues (such as Top Gun Maverick or The Woman King for example). So with that said... Let's get to It.

Despite a really mediocre and stereotypical main villain, I feel that this movie does still hold up really well and the whole arc Batman goes through all the movie is fascinating.

I already talked about this movie a long time ago so ya'll already know what I liked and didn't like, but in general just know that It is an exciting crime movie with some really good action scenes.

Really Dark and yet beautiful movie about war and it's consequences on kids' childhoods. Del Toro delivers yet another masterpiece which leaves the viewer thinking and feeling a lot of emotions. Imo a must watch if you are a fan of the director and animation in general.

Really hilarious, fun and exciting movie as a whole. Went to watch It with my Friends and my Crush (It was infact the first time I went to the cinema with the latter). My friends describe It as a live action anime in the way It was presented and honestly while I don't necessarily agree I can see where they come from and It is a fair statement.

Brad Pitt does a really fun main character, Bad Bunny (the short time he is on the movie at least) makes for a cool and entertaining character too and the rest of the cast also does an incredible, hysterical and sometimes emotional roles.

I would really reccomend It if you are looking for a fun Japanese-inspired action comedy. It is worth at least one watch.

Really emotional and powerful movie. As I said in my review I feel that all the actors do a really great interpretation for each character and the music really helps carry this production.

Namor is a really fascinating and interesting villain, I'd argue even more so than his comic book counterpart.
There's some debate about whether or not this movie is rewatchable, but imo It truly is just for the fight scenes and the Talocan stuff alone.

A must watch for Marvel fans, and a great tribute to Boseman's legacy.
Dragon Ball Super Hero: really fun action comedy from this classic franchise. My friends, my Crush and I had a blast watching It. Although It isn't as epic in style and music as Super Broly, which is why It didn't make the top 5.

Uncharted: really fun and entertaining action movie with some creative set pieces. Any movie where they have fights on modern age ships getting carried through the air by helicopters is cool in my eyes.

Sonic 2: fun and entertaining kids movie. Imo not as clever with the jokes as the first movie but still a fun time nonetheless. Agent Stone and Tails steal the movie for me imo.

Multiverse Of Madness: a decent multiversal Adventure which sadly doesn't do some characters such as Wanda enough justice. It has a lot of fun and creative action scenes, although I feel another certain movie handled the multiverse better :) . But overall I had a great time with It.

Man, what a masterpiece.

The acting is phenomenal, specially by the part of Michelle Yeoh, Jonathan Ke Quan and Stephanie Hsu. The three of them really manage to sell you on the whole idea of the Multiverse and imo really carry the movie.

The set pieces are really good, the dark humor is handled well enough and the whole thing was so worth It to watch on theaters.

It also has a really good message about Family, and how mothers will for the most part try to do what they think is the best for their childs, even if sometimes they fail misserably at it.

If there's any movie I wish to rewatch on the big screen this year, It would be Wakanda Forever and this one. The whole thing was just that great.

I do need to warn for those Who may wish to watch It that It has some scenes which may be troublesome for those who have epilepsy or visual issues, so be weary of that.

But yeah, overall this is an easy must watch. Really worth It all through out.
So yeah, that is all. Hopefully ya'll had a fun time reading It all, and next week I'll bring you all my list of worst movies of the year.
Happy holidays! :)
I agree with everything you said about Everything, Everywhere at Once and this was certainly Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan and Stephanie Hsu's best performances to date. Hsu's rise is the one that surprised me mostly considering that she had a small role in Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings and I am eager to see how Ke Huy Quan does within his role during the second season of Loki.

Other than that here is the top 10 anticipated films for 2023 within a fan poll conducted by Fandango:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Idk about y'all but it is beyond freezing where I'm at.

-40 degrees (F) outside, insane
Damn, that's cold.

It's currently 11 C degrees in here and got gradually colder over the course of the last week. It may or may not drop further, you can never tell with this city.

osby

Smash Obsessed
tries to tell my dad about the octo expantion captn cuttlefish stuff
he starts bringing irl race stuff into the conversation

Bro i just wanted to talk about a game
Your first mistake was to assume parents won't turn any subject into a lesson.

though I can see how that's relevant at least

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Your first mistake was to assume parents won't turn any subject into a lesson.

though I can see how that's relevant at least
Yea its relevant
But i just wanted totell him about a funny moment.
Yes dad, i know im black, please, let me tell you about this funny squid game
e30c7934d05a995a4fc9b7fa8df57942.png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still don't understand why PP healing items aren't available for purchase after all these years.

Their in-game item icons are in man-made containers for crying out loud.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pixel art is ridiculously difficult for me, but I gotta practice it, haha. Anyone have any suggestions for characters I could make pixel art of? Might even pop em' in RPG Maker for fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a question for you all. What kinda stuff would make my rabbit girl look more unique? Like, what unique shape of ears and all that. Im ears for any and all ideas
Maybe giving her ears different angles to stick out from her head might give her a more unique silhouette, or even making them heart-shaped at the end.

Also, give her whiskers if she already doesn't have them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So any of ya ever gotten around to watching Troll (2022)?

What about Trollhunter (2010)? Ever seen that? IMO one of the best found-footage films.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Read the latest CSM, I have feeling one of the following is gonna happen to Asa

She falls for Denji
She gets brutally killed
All the above
It's none of these and she walks out just fine

Last edited:
Top Bottom