• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm thinking of making a post-game team for Pokemon Violet

I love my in-game team but using it all over again for the gyms just seems kinda boring

So far I think I'll have Garganacl, Ceruledge, Farigraf, and Hawlucha. Any suggestions? I'm open to more than just new Pokemon since my main team was all new Pokemon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wanted to talk about this yesterday but since we were all hyped with the Mario Movie trailer I decided to wait until today when all things got calm to do so.

So, I was doing stuff for a group project yesterday at university after classes when after a bit I saw that an old high school partner was talking about the Mario movie too (he is a big Nintendo, Atlus and SEGA fan) through WhatsApp status. I decided to join in and we talked a bit about Pauline which eventually lead to a talk about the games we played as kids and how we were both doing at university. Eventually, he told me that sadly he was having issues in class because his classmates were being extremely rude with insults and all over mundane stuff such as exam dates.

I felt quite bad, more so because he was someone who sadly I didn't treat with the ideal size of respect back then (I was a really dumb person at university, although I already apologized and he took It well) so I decided to offer myself to give him company during these tough times for him and maybe meet up with him one of these days in person. In the end we agreed that It would be really cool to meet next friday on the manga/comic book convention of my city and to go watch the Mario movie together when It eventually comes out (Will try to get my Crush to go with us too).

So yeah, It was really nice to have a long talk with him again, and I am glad I was able to at least be of some help for him.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
For every good thing Nintendo does they always manage to create a massive **** up as well at the worst possible time...

And yes i am aware that Panda themselves are a big reason for this happening as well

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People really out there complaining about Peach being a girlboss when the alternative was her screaming MARIOOOOOO for most of the movie

Couldn't be me
Besides, being the helpless damsel-in-distress is just as cliche as the girlboss trope. Even then all orginally has been used up. Execution is what matters.

Still, I wasn't expecting Peach being totally helpless but more as a tactician sovereign or commanding officer type rather than direct combat.

The role they're giving Peach I feel should've been given to Daisy which I think they could've squeezed in there being an ally (Since they showed Sarasaland in a map of the world). It felt more fitting giving her tomboy nature.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
This man’s a ****ing joke:
"You got Peach taking charge" - Umm......isn't that what her duty as princess is supposed to be? To take charge and lead her kingdom?

Have these people never heard of a hero's journey?

Mario will start off helpless and incompetent, and through the events of the film he'll acquire the skills he needs to save the day. It's basic filmmaking 101.

And with Peach...yeah, we definitely need an hour and a half of "MAAAARIOOOO!!!"
Also I pretty much agree with everything within this post. Having him starting off as helpless and then learning and growing to become a hero is what also helps build his character development.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Protosphyraena really deserves attention for being one of the most heavily weaponized animals ever.

A slashing bill, a mouth full of dagger-like slicing teeth, and long, streamlined pectoral fins with sharp, serrated leading edges.

The entire front of this thing is a series of stabbing and slashing weapons, with the back half being a streamlined piece of muscle propelling the animal through the water at speed.
Protosphyraema.jpg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Plan to make a tier list of all the English-speaking actors who voiced Mario and Luigi that aren't Charles Martinet.

It won't be ranked by who sounds the closest to Martinet but rather who does the best job bringing them to life.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I've seen these title names for Indiana Jones 5, those being:
  • Prisoners of Time
  • Order of Elysium
  • Empire of Evil
  • City of Gods
  • Dial of Destiny
Some of these have actually been debunked or yet to be confirmed but still curious to see what you think.

Edit: There were other ones for unused movies like Indiana Jones and the Monkey King (also known as Indiana Jones and the Garden of Life)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Check this out, guys.

Playable characters as in more than one?

It'd be pretty hype if Amy, Knuckles, and Tails all become playable, even if only in cyberspace levels.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Check this out, guys.

Bruh, this is the first time these characters have been playable since Sonic ****ing 06.

Not counting spin-offs, of course.

This is actually dope!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, can't hear you over the finally a well-written story with interesting characters and themes in my Sonic game once again.
Sorry. I can’t here you over the boring open area gameplay with small bursts of actual good Sonic gameplay despite the fact that the controls in said areas are worse for some reason and the level designs are all reused.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Check this out, guys.

All of these content for free over the course of 2023!? I was not expecting that. Also, PLAYABLE CHARACTERS WITH A NEW STORY!?!? SEGA........you have my attention.
Screenshot_20221124-145238_YouTube.jpg

Top Bottom