• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also the boost is still in Frontiers isn't it?
It's not just the act of boosting. It's that whole formula. Yes the cyberspace levels are there but in Frontiers they're like a vestigial tail just asking to be chopped off. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were gone by the next game, despit the fact that they're the part I have the most fun with, despite all their problems with design and control.
They didn't even give Lost World's style another shot.
After 9 years of Boost games moving on after a bad one is fine and it's not like Frontiers lacks it anyway, it's just not the focus and isn't a one button win condition but they perhaps moved too far in that direction with how useless it is in the 2d levels
Lost World was garbo though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To me, the boost formula has never been at the peak of what it can be. Sonic Generations had the best gameplay but it reused old level ideas. Colors had peak level aesthetics but poorer gameplay. I want to see those two aspects married and a really great game made. But if they pack up and move house to something else entirely we may never get that at all. I don't want to have to wait 20 years for the boost formula equivalent of Sonic Mania. Nobody should have to wait for that!
The boost equivalent of Sonic Mania is Sonic Generations.

Like I know you said you didn't like the reused levels but guess what 90% of Mania was
It's not just the act of boosting. It's that whole formula. Yes the cyberspace levels are there but in Frontiers they're like a vestigial tail just asking to be chopped off. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were gone by the next game, despit the fact that they're the part I have the most fun with, despite all their problems with design and control.
I mean the fomula is still kinda there, it's just in a more open ended enviroment. I know that's what you might not want but the majority of fans genuinelly like this new direction where the way to stay alive is if Sonic tries, he can do anything.

D

Deleted member

I do wonder if there could have been a way to introduce the Chaotix into Sonic Frontiers somehow.

Maybe them being sent on detective work there by someone?
I hope the characters get used more, ngl. They are quite underrated when It comes to Sonic games and I feel they make for a great team dynamic and gag moments.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The boost equivalent of Sonic Mania is Sonic Generations.

Like I know you said you didn't like the reused levels but guess what 90% of Mania was

I mean the fomula is still kinda there, it's just in a more open ended enviroment. I know that's what you might not want but the majority of fans genuinelly like this new direction where the way to stay alive is if Sonic tries, he can do anything.
Fair point about Mania. That was one of Mania's sourspots too. Still waiting on a sequel SEGA!

I just want another good game like colors and generations again. No open ended environment. No combat. No collectables (except red rings). Just a good big boost game. If the developers put the effort in, any game can be a 10/10 and i want them to prove that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My dream sequel for Sonic is to get a third entry for the Storybook games.

I don't care about the gameplay. If I managed to power through Lost Rings, I'm prepared for anything they can throw at me. :drshrug: I just want the writing and aesthetics.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do wonder if there could have been a way to introduce the Chaotix into Sonic Frontiers somehow.

Maybe them being sent on detective work there by someone?
I hope the characters get used more, ngl. They are quite underrated when It comes to Sonic games and I feel they make for a great team dynamic and gag moments.
Chaotix are cool but I think they're held back a bit by how much of a package deal they are. You can't just pick one and throw them in something like you can with Big or Rouge.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind them getting more roles if the next Sonic game expands the cast.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People are getting super excited about multiple playable characters in Frontiers but they never said which modes they'll appear in. Maybe all of them would be exclusive to the fishing minigame.

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are getting super excited about multiple playable characters in Frontiers but they never said which modes they'll appear in. Maybe all of them would be exclusive to the fishing minigame.
Sega has to know how it looks when they just say "Multiple playable characters"

They wouldn't be dumb enough to get everyone excited like that-

manny.jpg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I used one of those shiny sandwiches yesterday and got a beautiful slither wing:
E20D6232-E4C3-4426-8093-02B3A787961E.jpeg

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, I just realized that they said there's going to be more story content for Frontiers.

Hmm, they're going to make me cry even more, aren't they?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Real question. If they actually made the game I described earlier (a good boost style sonic game with lots of levels, original themes for those levels, polished game-play, tight controls, original ideas for what to do IN those levels while still getting to the end, and let's throw in an Ian Flynn story and multiple playable characters) would you actually like it? Would you give it a chance? Or is Frontiers style the only way to go now?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Real question. If they actually made the game I described earlier (a good boost style sonic game with lots of levels, original themes for those levels, polished game-play, tight controls, original ideas for what to do IN those levels while still getting to the end, and let's throw in an Ian Flynn story and multiple playable characters) would you actually like it? Would you give it a chance? Or is Frontiers style the only way to go now?
"Sonic fans would you buy a good Sonic game"

Obviously yeah

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Arven is basically the main character of the game of the game. His story is easily the best in the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now how did a Sonic discussion turn into Arven, this is beyond brainrot, this is terminal Arvenitis
Oh you have no idea.

My twitter name has been Herlock Sholmes Brainrot since The Great Ace Attorney came out on switch, my twitter banner is still Lio Fotia from Promare since I made the twitter account and i still havent changed them

Last edited:
Top Bottom