• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scarlet and violet really put
the man himself, Larry on the Elite 4 and gym leader roster. Lmao, they really went in on the overworked business man aspect. Also, why do I feel like his name could low key be a reference to:
1669752466290.jpeg

Both share the same name, are working class citizens who hold multiple jobs at once because they have no choice.

Probably a coincidence , but an interesting one.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Every so often I pick up the Rollercoaster Tycoon games again and start playing around with them, wanting to create all sorts of crazy dream parks

Then I see what people are able to come up with on YouTube and the inferiority complex kicks in full force

I just wanna make a halfway decent Nelvana-themed park man:sadsheep:
Eh, I don't really care that I'll never be able to do crazy Tile Inspector stuff or shoestring rides, I still like to see what other people make with OpenRCT2.
giant chain.jpg

...although I do care that things like this hog my object selection menu making it harder to select all the coaster trains that actually are coasters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This week's AMA subject shall be...
If they're available, I'll try to get it up sometime tomorrow

On a sidenote, sorry for the absence of AMAs, I wanted to give myself a bit of a breather there. Though more on the future of the AMAs here shortly.
Just to confirm, I am available.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we all await for another classic Chris Pratt moment to occur

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It is almost hilarious on how much every other actor out-acts Chris Pratt

Unfortunately the biggest issue I've seen with this movie so far is that none of the jokes so far are funny. Although I feel like I cannot complain about jokes being funny considering I am on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not really a fan of Peach's voice. Honestly would have thought it'd be more high-pitched as we seen in the games.

Also I'm guessing Donkey Kong and Cranky has a land in the Mushroom Kingdom? Seems to be that way, I wasn't expecting them to have a big role thinking at some point after beaten by Bowser he'd end up on DK Island encountering them and with encouragement from Cranky, Mario would go on to save the day.

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi yoooo! We got cool DK scenes, Cranky and seemingly Funky Kong in the karts shot

Really nice stuff, although kinda sad that they didn't show Pauline as that means I can't make the movie version as a pfp yet.

Really nice stuff doh! I liked the trailer and DK's new design.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mario movie trailer thoughts. I still have no problem with Mario's voice even though the avid Chris Pratt haters on Twitter do but that's to be expected. I think the movie has a chance of being great
It is almost hilarious on how much every other actor out-acts Chris Pratt

Unfortunately the biggest issue I've seen with this movie so far is that none of the jokes so far are funny. Although I feel like I cannot complain about jokes being funny considering I am on Smashboards.
See the thing is this is a Kids film and the jokes are going to be funny for kids and since we aren't kids we don't find them funny. The adults are mostly here for the references to games and such

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi yoooo! We got cool DK scenes, Cranky and seemingly Funky Kong in the karts shot

Really nice stuff, although kinda sad that they didn't show Pauline as that means I can't make the movie version as a pfp yet.

Really nice stuff doh! I liked the trailer and DK's new design.
Way more monkeys in this movie than I thought there would be.

Not that I'm complaining :4dk:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbh........ yeah still not feeling it.

It's like, every voice fits

And then there's Mario Pratt.
Is it as good as the rest of the cast? Probably not, but would I say it sounds distinct from his other work and fits the everyday man they are going for with Mario? Yes. It’s not just Chris phoning it in like everyone expected.
Also Peach was talking about galaxies

Seems like every one of the “worlds” from Mario games will be treated like separate galaxies, including the mushroom kingdom. So the planet observatory showing up is not out of the question.

Top Bottom