• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm betting Mario, Peach, and Toad head to DK Island to ask them for help in the war against Bowser. Cranky, who's some type of Mesoamerican king now, will only agree to help if Mario can defeat their strongest warrior.

Seth Rogen.
Or maybe in this version, the land that DK and Cranky lives in is a neighboring border and kingdom of the Mushroom Kingdom?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is the trailer, guys!

The animation and visual designs are stunning which is pretty much what I expected from Illumination studios.

Other than that, it still looks quite fun, entertaining and mostly stays respectful to its source material overall in which is bound to please any Super Mario fan.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Film definitely feels like an illumination movie now, haha, though admittedly on their higher end of things

Seems like it'll just be a fun movie. Probably nowhere near a high art masterpiece, but you definitely feel the passion here.
You can say all that again! I do happen to agree with you there.

Though on that note, am I the only one who did not mind Chris Pratt's Mario?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Film definitely feels like an illumination movie now, haha, though admittedly on their higher end of things

Probably nowhere near a high art masterpiece, but seems like it'll just be a fun movie. You definitely feel the passion here.
Considering we were expecting complete and utter trash, I will take fun kids film that's accurate to the source material with a smile on my goddamn face :nifty:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m torn if I want her or Cate Blanchett more for the role
I always envisioned Rosalina sounding something like that of the former hence my reason for wanting her.

It fits too given her high authority figure along with being wise (As the Ancient One was), that's the kind of voice I can see for the character.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am seeing plenty on another site not liking Mario, Luigi and Peach's voices. Not saying they will be great, but I think that after hearing Italian Mario in media most of the time for many years, some are going to have to get used to these new voices for those characters.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I always envisioned Rosalina sounding something like that of the former hence my reason for wanting her.

It fits too given her high authority figure along with being wise (As the Ancient One was), that's the kind of voice I can see for the character.
You know I gave you the idea of Swinton as Rosa in the first place, right? And I feel like both of those qualities also fit Blanchett given her role as Galadriel.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Found this take on Twitter
Not the worst take I've seen, but as long as the movie is good I don't care if it's more action oriented then other Mario products.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not the worst take I've seen, but as long as the movie is good I don't care if it's more action oriented then other Mario products.
Tbf it's not like Mario games really known for having complex epic stories

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
King K. Rool better be the villain in Donkey Kong's spin-off.

And get Benedict Cumberbatch or Stephen Fry for the voice. King K. Rool having a faux British accent would so suit him. Lol.
K Rool when the whole Dk Crew show up to get the bananas back:
1669761821525.jpeg

Ivander

Smash Legend
Though on that note, am I the only one who did not mind Chris Pratt's Mario?
I honestly don't have an issue with it. All I was worried about was the voice or some other voices sounding out of place and at the moment, I have not felt any voice feeling out of place. So far, I have not had any issues with the voice acting.

Edit: Maybe my thing is that I am not a big movie person. Like I've seen a good number of movies with Chris Pratt like the Lego Movie, Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy, but while Mario does mostly sound like him, it hasn't felt out of place even next to the rest of the cast. Or maybe it could be because I did watch the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and original Super Mario Bros. movie and remember the voices from those.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wasn't even expecting an original plot to begin with, I mean how more original could you do with a Mario movie?. What really will matter is the execution.

Take HTTYD as an example. Probably has the most cliched tropes but its execution on them is what made it the masterpiece it is.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I honestly don't have an issue with it. All I was worried about was the voice or some other voices sounding out of place and at the moment, I have not felt any voice feeling out of place. So far, I have not had any issues with the voice acting.
Neither have I. This is definitely good to know.

Top Bottom