• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Idk if this counts but Veggietale's Jonah.
VeggieTales will never count due to that series having nothing but bangers…especially the Larry-Boy theme song and The Bunny song

it’s practically cheating to count such cinema

cashregister9

Smash Hero
VeggieTales will never count due to that series having nothing but bangers…especially the Larry-Boy theme song and The Bunny song

it’s practically cheating to count such cinema
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything is one of the best pieces of Pirate media beating out One Piece and Pirates Of The Caribbean and I am not joking.

It's up there with Muppet Treasure Island.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh my god I just saw Hunter x Hunter spoilers

Ho-ly **** this sounds pretty insane I can't believe we're living in the Togashi cinematic universe

Edit: nvm I misread things

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wait Goat x Fire, I mean Peak x Fiction, I mean Hunter x Hunter came back already?
It's coming back in like 12 hours, at least in the Manga Plus app

I'm not caught up with the manga so I'm probably gonna use this is an excuse to rewatch the entire anime again eventually and then catch up

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Everybody jokes that Atlus forgot the existence of Persona 1 and 2 but at least their protags got to be represented in the anniversary artwork.

These poor goobers legitimately did get forgotten.

Its funny because this anime takes place almost immediately after Persona 5 strikers and yet the very existence of this character creates a massive plot hole in the story of the anime

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything is one of the best pieces of Pirate media beating out One Piece and Pirates Of The Caribbean and I am not joking.

It's up there with Muppet Treasure Island.
literally yes to your entire sentence
The composer definitely had God's blessing when making the soundtrack to Veggietales
God knew that children needed the best way to learn was through bangers

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finished watching the Second Season of Tiger and Bunny. I feel like it came together a lot at the end. Though again, it basically feels like there's supposed to be more since Ouroboros wasn't taken down.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remember the rumors of Overwatch getting a Turkish hero?

I was excited about the prospect when I first heard about it but in retrospect, really dodged a bullet there.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Got a new laptop for school stuff. That means my desktop is my main computer for gaming stuff while my laptop is for work, school and pretty much everything non-gaming related.

Also my mom got covid so I'm gonna test soon to make sure I don't have it too

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Boy, do I feel sorry to the people sitting behind him and thank goodness this does not happen during UK screenings.
Gotta be honest, I actually love audience reactions. Watching Endgame in thaters has to be my favorite theater experience just because of how much positive energy and hype there was in the crowd (yes I am a yankee not a boring brit).

This however feels manufactured as hell. Doesn't feel genuine, feels like it's just for clout.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Boy, do I feel sorry to the people sitting behind him and thank goodness this does not happen during UK screenings.
I hate ****ting on people for their hobbies but every time I see any "hype" around Marvel and DC products in this day and age this image immediately pops into my head and this clip just reinforces that
cover16.jpg

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Got a new laptop for school stuff. That means my desktop is my main computer for gaming stuff while my laptop is for work, school and pretty much everything non-gaming related.

Hope she gets better soon.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see what's exciting about "oh hey that actor from the really ****ty DC films" still being around.
Like, he didn't even get a send-off or properly die in universe nor is this an entirely different continuity and this is just an ending stinger, not an actual part of the movie where he actually gets to do something like with getting Tobey or Andrew back and giving them stuff to actually do in No Way Home.

It's cool Cavill is still up for Superman but it's not exciting unless he actually gets to play Superman instead of the bastardisation the DCEU has. It's just Rock stroking his ego.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Scorsese was right tbh
Just don't look into any petitions he may have signed

Everyone trying to recreate Endgame or No Way Home for clout when **** is not hype at all.
It's different but I felt the same with the whole "Gentleminions" trend earlier this year

Morbius felt fun because no one was seeing it anyways, and no one saw it after. The Minions movie was going to be popular and the memes saying how you should see it just felt corporate.

I don't see what's exciting about "oh hey that actor from the really ****ty DC films" still being around.
Like, he didn't even get a send-off or properly die in universe nor is this an entirely different continuity and this is just an ending stinger, not an actual part of the movie where he actually gets to do something like with getting Tobey or Andrew back and giving them stuff to actually do in No Way Home.

It's cool Cavill is still up for Superman but it's not exciting unless he actually gets to play Superman instead of the bastardisation the DCEU has. It's just Rock stroking his ego.
I'm like 99% Sure this movie only exists because The Rock saw a character that kinda looked like him and and wanted to fight superman

Last edited:
Top Bottom