• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From what it seems in terms of their movies.

Marvel has Venom. DC has Black Adam.

Both movies that did well but poorly received. In Black Adam's case though, doing slightly better given mixed reviews as oppose to Venom's negative.

Both still made a buttload of money regardless of reviews due to popularity for very different reasons. Venom being Spidey's most recognizable foe turned ally, villain turned anti-hero. Black Adam having Dwayne Johnson starring as the lead role.

Anti-Hero films also.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
YouTubers not use P5 or Undertale/Deltarune music in videos challenge (Impossible)

i've done it once or twice because it's easy shush
I've gotten several suggestions to use Undertale/Deltarune music, and honestly, I'll probably just use some, haha. Even if they're a bit overused, they're very good and fit my channel's vibe well.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've gotten several suggestions to use Undertale/Deltarune music, and honestly, I'll probably just use some, haha. Even if they're a bit overused, they're very good and fit my channel's vibe well.
TBH just use what you like, ha ha. I don't really get bugged by people using popular tracks, much as I might poke fun at it.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I still have no clue what a Big Run is and at this point I'm starting to think it's some meaningless inside joke in the Splatoon 3 community,

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't see what's exciting about "oh hey that actor from the really ****ty DC films" still being around.
Like, he didn't even get a send-off or properly die in universe nor is this an entirely different continuity and this is just an ending stinger, not an actual part of the movie where he actually gets to do something like with getting Tobey or Andrew back and giving them stuff to actually do in No Way Home.

It's cool Cavill is still up for Superman but it's not exciting unless he actually gets to play Superman instead of the bastardisation the DCEU has. It's just Rock stroking his ego.
There’s a few reasons why people are hype, and honestly this isn’t an ego thing. Spoilers but:

Cavil was booted out of DC despite being such a fan favorite actor. Their ****ty leadership hated Zack Snyder and everything he did to their movies because fans liked his vision more then what they had done.

People have been pretty pissed and upset that they never got a send off or trilogy or even more of Cavil, like a Superman should. Especially when they kept ****ing with the fans by using Superman but giving him no face or speaking lines.

The rock actually put a lot of research into black Adam and has been working on this deal for over 7 years because he genuinely likes DC and their comics. He kept fighting the old leadership to bring Cavil back because he was a fan favorite who got tossed out for no reason and the rock already knows where he wants to take Adams story. So he fought them for over 6 years to do this, but only with the change of leadership was he able to pull this off.

He’s also seemingly been apart of trying to get DC to clean up their films and act, and a figure in getting man of steel 2 greenlit, based on some very supported rumors from multiple reporting trades.

I think the rock actually really cares about this film and the fans. Wanting to create something fun and with a lot of heart, which I’ve seen several people who reviewed this movie and thought it was gonna be garbage, actually say they really enjoyed it and were surprised st how much you could tell rock cared for this.

I’ll probably end up seeing the movie tomorrow so I don’t have honest thoughts atm, but i can see why fans would be hype and why it’s a big deal for rock, and less of an ego stroke.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Banjo fans really be like: Guilty Gear made a chaotic mess of a song about seeing nihilism as a way to bewonder the beauty of everything while representing the insanity of the character? DISGUSTING!
Teddy bear picnic
AYO TURN THAT **** UP CHARLES
That implies Banjo fans know what Guilty Gear is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fire Emblem Engage 🤝 Persona 3

The protagonist with a gender option is watched in their sleep by a supernatural entity.
seems kinda creepy to be watched over by a sexy guy
I don't see what's exciting about "oh hey that actor from the really ****ty DC films" still being around.
Like, he didn't even get a send-off or properly die in universe nor is this an entirely different continuity and this is just an ending stinger, not an actual part of the movie where he actually gets to do something like with getting Tobey or Andrew back and giving them stuff to actually do in No Way Home.

It's cool Cavill is still up for Superman but it's not exciting unless he actually gets to play Superman instead of the bastardisation the DCEU has. It's just Rock stroking his ego.
There’s a few reasons why people are hype, and honestly this isn’t an ego thing. Spoilers but:

Cavil was booted out of DC despite being such a fan favorite actor. Their ****ty leadership hated Zack Snyder and everything he did to their movies because fans liked his vision more then what they had done.

People have been pretty pissed and upset that they never got a send off or trilogy or even more of Cavil, like a Superman should. Especially when they kept ****ing with the fans by using Superman but giving him no face or speaking lines.

The rock actually put a lot of research into black Adam and has been working on this deal for over 7 years because he genuinely likes DC and their comics. He kept fighting the old leadership to bring Cavil back because he was a fan favorite who got tossed out for no reason and the rock already knows where he wants to take Adams story. So he fought them for over 6 years to do this, but only with the change of leadership was he able to pull this off.

He’s also seemingly been apart of trying to get DC to clean up their films and act, and a figure in getting man of steel 2 greenlit, based on some very supported rumors from multiple reporting trades.

I think the rock actually really cares about this film and the fans. Wanting to create something fun and with a lot of heart, which I’ve seen several people who reviewed this movie and thought it was gonna be garbage, actually say they really enjoyed it and were surprised st how much you could tell rock cared for this.

I’ll probably end up seeing the movie tomorrow so I don’t have honest thoughts atm, but i can see why fans would be hype and why it’s a big deal for rock, and less of an ego stroke.
and because The Rock is a perfect person

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You've literally never met or had a conversation with the man
I ain’t met John Cena before yet that hasn’t stopped most people from being considered perfection (especially cause of the common knowledge had for years). Same thing being applied to Dwayne Johnson (well that and Young Rock showcasing his past)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys random question.

Opinion on Funkos. Curious about getting a few.

------------------------------------------------------

On the topic of Black Adam I'm kinda a bit tired of superhero films now having watched Thor and Dr Strange this year.

It's like after No Way Home and Avenger's its like "now what?" IMO. I wouldn't mind like a crossover of something adapted to the big screen or like something akin to Watchmen or a The Boys crossover with something but that's about it.

I need some video game music or OSTs to use for videos, if y'all have any suggestions.
Use Falcom music:

Really under represented. And I've never seen much of an example of them taking down channels that have their music.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got back from Black Adam; I enjoyed it. Atom Smasher and Cyclone didn't seem super important in the grand scheme of things, but Aldris Hodge as Hawkman and Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate were great. It got some laughs out of me, and it was a nice relaxing way to end a long week. (plus, I bought some Christmas gifts, and some volumes of Fist of the North Star since the bookstore in my area is getting those, surprisingly enough)

Top Bottom