• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Since Ramen warned me, you have only yourself to blame for me continuing this.

Was that really racism?
Well since he called out specific traits and phenotypes, yeah? Dangerously close if nothing else. This also isn't the first time his racism has been called out either.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm trying to get a refund for my copy of Splat3 since I never received it

Hopefully I'll be able to get it soon, I want to have time to play it before I start school

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Parents need to be more creative when naming their kids, how are you gonna look at a newborn and be like "Oh yeah, that's definitely a Ronald". Same old ass 1950s names, not me though I'd be naming my kid like they're a Street Fighter character.
Reminds me of highschool, where I knew like, ten different Graces.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Parents need to be more creative when naming their kids, how are you gonna look at a newborn and be like "Oh yeah, that's definitely a Ronald". Same old ass 1950s names, not me though I'd be naming my kid like they're a Street Fighter character.
If i ever have a son i'm want to give him the name of an edgy character.
Like Chaud, or Zuko.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I am naming my child Leuchte. No if’s and’s or but’s.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m curious as to why/ if a lawsuit is gonna get
Filed again against discovery.

Their obvious racism is cause for a class action and honestly probably several other suits I wouldn’t know the technical term for.

So I don’t see why no one’s done it yet. If I was fired like that, I would not sign whatever **** they hope buried this and move forward with my attorneys. Even outside of workers, I could honestly see different support groups take action and blow up this case.

I really hope it happens to, Zaslav needs to ****ing go.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Twitter has been getting toxic about Chris Pratt voicing Mario. They also don't seem to understand recasting would result in another delay.

My thought? I can't have an honest opinion until I hear more than two lines but I've definitely heard worse voice acting for Mario.
1665532803151.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Twitter has been getting toxic about Chris Pratt voicing Mario. They also don't seem to understand recasting would result in another delay.

My thought? I can't have an honest opinion until I hear more than two lines but I've definitely heard worse voice acting for Mario. View attachment 362144
Twitter never understands anything to begin with, don’t they?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

My thought? I can't have an honest opinion until I hear more than two lines but I've definitely heard worse voice acting for Mario. View attachment 362144
Twitters made it pretty obvious that they don’t care about getting actual voice actors in. They just enjoying bashing Chris for no reason, other then kids think it’s the cool thing to do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mark Chang from FOP and Kand & Kodos from The Simpsons.... i just realized they have similar-ish designs... are they like... riffing on the same trope/old movie or something?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is something else I wish to say about what is cool:

But seriously, what is "cool"? Cool is something that is positive normally. Bashing a voice actor, or anyone or anything in particular; including fictional things; is not cool, as it is negative and does not fit with cool being positive. I am surprised people don't seem to know what cool is. Learning from anyone who is trying to be cool, but in actuality does not do cool, is not the way to go. It is downright bad, in fact, and mentally unhealthy to bash others, let alone continually. Why should it be so hard to grasp what "cool" actually is?

Those who people think are cool nowadays do not seem to be good role models at all to take from or copy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here is something else I wish to say about what is cool:

But seriously, what is "cool"? Cool is something that is positive normally. Bashing a voice actor, or anyone or anything in particular; including fictional things; is not cool, as it is negative and does not fit with cool being positive. I am surprised people don't seem to know what cool is. Learning from anyone who is trying to be cool, but in actuality does not do cool, is not the way to go. It is downright bad, in fact, and mentally unhealthy to bash others, let alone continually. Why should it be so hard to grasp what "cool" actually is?

Those who people think are cool nowadays do not seem to be good role models at all to take from or copy.
Cool is the opposite of warm.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally, an MCU project that has my full attention
even if it wasn’t an MCU project, Spider-Man (a literal legend who has a ****ty comic book run going on to balance out the amazing Spidey strict movies and games) and Daredevil (the man who ****ed She-Hulk and lived to oddly piss off Twitter)
idk what to say due to whatever lead to such a good ending…so here’s a Gwen Stacy
86759612-0891-43D8-AE14-782825EFA21B.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Objectively Cool is the state of not being warm. But seriously, what's deemed cool and not cool is well... subjective. What people may think is cool is lame to others. And also, there's 0 role models, don't meet your heroes
I mean, I could be wrong, but yeah, some may think another person, especially that of a celebrity or a famous person on the internet, or whatever; is the objective way to be cool. Thing is, there is not an objective way to be cool. It is just surprising that it seems that some do not realize that.

Noipoi Noipoi Sorry if I was harsh on you on the be serious thing, by the way.

Top Bottom