• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
After seeing a few thinkpieces myself on both this and how gay Splatoon is, I'm beginning to wonder if there's actually something intrinsically about Splatoon that relates to those black or LGBT cultures, or if simply the concept of being a rebellious, trendy, free-thinking teenager is just so non-white/straight that it ends up defaulting to the next thing.
It's both.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since the next Pokémon game is all about riding dragons, I’ve decided to binge watch the How to train your Dragon series. The movies, the show, the whole thing.

That’s three films and seven seasons. Wonder if I’ll be done by the time the game drops :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since the next Pokémon game is all about riding dragons, I’ve decided to binge watch the How to train your Dragon series. The movies, the show, the whole thing.

That’s three films and seven seasons. Wonder if I’ll be done by the time the game drops :nifty:
You can finish the movies in like a day.

Now the series? It's possible, it's about 35ish hours to watch it fully.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Speaking of Pokémon, another trailer is dropping tomorrow.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Guess they're ramping up now the games are barely over a month out.
Wasn’t expecting this, seeing as how SwSh started to ramp down once we got to a month out.

Good to see :4pacman:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, more Pokemon SV news tomorrow. Hope Gamefreak can maintain the hype until November 18th.

Also, I'm surprised that GameFreak created HarmoKnight for the 3DS.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ramped down implies SwSh had some strong marketing at first.
Dexit was a massive blow, but they still revealed new Pokémon consistently. More than S/V to be honest.

Up until October, when they just decided to…stop. For some reason.

All we got were some gigantamax forms for Kanto Pokémon, some items and breeding mechanics that only comp players care about, and the dreaded 24 hour livestream.

Weird times :drshrug:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Japanese tweet has a bit more information on the new Pokemon Scarlet/Violet trailer tomorrow:

It mentions that a new Gym Leader (the one in silhouette) will be the one to present the new trailer tomorrow for Japan and Asia.

The English trailer will likely be presented as a general one, but it will probably reveal that new Gym Leader as well.

Looks like this is the new Gym Leader from the leaked images that will be revealed tomorrow:

She matches the silhouette.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The Japanese tweet has a bit more information on the new Pokemon Scarlet/Violet trailer tomorrow:

It mentions that a new Gym Leader (the one in silhouette) will be the one to present the new trailer tomorrow for Japan and Asia.

The English trailer will likely be presented as a general one, but it will probably reveal that new Gym Leader as well.

Looks like this is the new Gym Leader from the leaked images that will be revealed tomorrow:

She matches the silhouette.
It looks like her typing for this gym might be either steel or electric.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dexit was a massive blow, but they still revealed new Pokémon consistently. More than S/V to be honest.

Up until October, when they just decided to…stop. For some reason.

All we got were some gigantamax forms for Kanto Pokémon, some items and breeding mechanics that only comp players care about, and the dreaded 24 hour livestream.

Weird times :drshrug:
Yeah, they revealed a couple new mons but that was about it. Not much else was revealed.

Remember the copium though? Everyone (myself included) was all on the "they're not revealing much because everyine hated that SuMo revealed to much" train.

Only to find out there was genuinelly nothing to show unlike SuMo which had a lot.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, they revealed a couple new mons but that was about it. Not much else was revealed.

Remember the copium though? Everyone (myself included) was all on the "they're not revealing much because everyine hated that SuMo revealed to much" train.

Only to find out there was genuinelly nothing to show unlike SuMo which had a lot.
scared duck.png

They're just not showing any cool stuff because they want it all to be a surprise.

All of it.

Every cool thing in the game.

Top Bottom