• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given Charles' age. I don't think he'd be able to do all the lines. Makes sense he wasn't casted fully for his usual role as Mario which only consists of a few lines in games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nothing wrong was meant in the context of him taking the role. It’s a studios decision to move forward with a different actor, not pratts. Nor should he deny a role if a company was interested.

Anyway moving onto your Other two points.
Breaking this first one into a spoiler because it’s long:
To start, the church stuff seems pretty stupid imo. The church described itself to the public as accepting all.

Yes they don’t affirm gay marriage, but this isnt something they openly say. So to think Chris Pratt, a busy man who is probably in an out of a church on Sunday, would know about the inner workings of this church seems super unrealistic. Honestly they spout straight up homophobic psalms every Sunday, Chris Pratt would more then likely have no reason to believe they are problematic. He’s not making donations or **** like that, so this really just seems like Elliot Page created way bigger drama from a conversation that could have been had privately. There is nothing else in Chris Prats life that alludes to him sharing any of those beliefs. So I find it a bit unfair To judge and think someone like him would know this much. Maybe I’m wrong, but the fact he left this place should say a lot.

But as a Catholic I hold some very different views from the modern day church. I honestly really dislike the priest at my current church, but I don’t go to mass to listen to him, i go there because it’s still a place to connect to god. The scum bags trying to manipulate the positive messages of religion have no respect for me and it’s why I kinda resent having to go there evey Sunday, but it’s the only church in my area. The priest goes on about **** like how we should only pray for the Catholics in Ukraine, or how abortion shouldn’t be legal( spent an entire damn mass talking about just this). It’s horrible, and I disagree greatly, but I go because being in a church matters to my family and I wont disrespect their belief there, especially when they don’t like the priest either. The bottom line is religion is complicated and the everyday man is likely to not look to much last what they hear or see in a church. So if this church had no signs of homophobia publicly, then I can see why he wouldn’t think anything of it.
Onto your second point, yeah the flashing **** is bad, but again it seems like he realized how much he ****ed up there and got his act together after that. This was 8 years ago and a person can change a lot in the time. Considering he wasn’t flashing multiple women routinely or worse like some of the pigs in Hollywood, that shows a clear sign of growth imo.

More importantly, his Co workers from that show still stay in contact with him can’t stop saying nice things about him. Even his Marvel co stars all came to vouch for him when fans were mad he wouldn’t attend political rallies with his co stars( which is asinine. Actors should not be trying to sway political power and good on Chris for refusing that.).

If all these people who have absolutely no reason to speak so highly of him, then I have to imagine there’s good reason. He’s seen to genuinely grown as a person, which tbh most actors don’t when they make mistakes. He’a made mistakes and there’s no pass for forgetting about them, but if he’s actually moved on to do better, then that’s a good thing and he shouldn’t be dragged in the mud for it. There’s way bigger assholes in Hollywood who have still escaped justice for worse then Chris. Anyone is free to dislike him, but with all the stories backing him up as being a better person, it’s screwed up to try and throw all this shade at him for a Mario movie of all things.
I mean. Yeah. We know that Pratt didn't demand the role but got hired for it. The criticism isn't solely aimed at him but also the casting director. I'll always look at voice directors when it comes to bad or awkward dialogue, but seeing as how Toad and Bowser are fine, the voice itself seems to be a Chris Pratt issue and not a direction issue which is why he gets all the blame in that part. Just seems like a massive miscast and in that situation, anyone would prefer the original VA.

I understand what you mean with disagreeing with a church's messages but surely you realize how it sounds to go "My church homophobic? But they helped me with something unrelated!" right? Defending them from the specific criticism? It was a public statement by said church on a website that's still up to this day. Fair play on the second part though, I misremembered that a bit.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Next Splatfest begins 11/11.

The theme is Grass vs Fire vs Water.

Which starter type would you pick?

Reactions: Z25

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Werewolf by Night was pretty neat.
Feels like some people oversold the violence a little bit though but it was fun all around.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What's hilarious is that the director for the Mario movie said they avoided giving Mario a stereotypical offensively Italian voice for a reason and yet we have people advocating for Mario to have an offensively Italian voice on Twitter just because they don't like Chris

Oh **** um... um I wanna go big man b..but Fuecoco tho

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What's hilarious is that the director for the Mario movie said they avoided giving Mario a stereotypical offensively Italian voice for a reason and yet we have people advocating for Mario to have an offensively Italian voice on Twitter just because they don't like Chris
I wanted a stereotypical Italian accent because I hate Italians

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

Damn, Tara aint happy about Pratt as Mario

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Honestly, does anyone even care what she thinks? After. You know, being involved in he friends kids death because of "alt medicane"

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

She’s not happy about most things from what I hear.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It's wild that Crisp Rat suddenly has a defence force now people are calling out his phoned-in, stale as **** Mario performance.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've finally come to found I had indeed fallen victim to film critics toxicity hence always all of my talk of woke and politics in film.

I now do understand I shouldn't listen to what they say and as Jondelio say be myself and come up with my own opinions regarding movies.

It's a start but here's to hoping this will be my way of trying to be a better user on this site to all of you. As well as working on not repeating the same jokes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Werewolf by Night was pretty neat.
Feels like some people oversold the violence a little bit though but it was fun all around.
for a one off black & white PG-13 MCU project it was quite violent…but also extremely wholesome Werewolf and Man-Thing finna end up becoming a top tier brotherhood

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh hey, neat Xbox logo. What do you mean there's something else?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean. Yeah. We know that Pratt didn't demand the role but got hired for it. The criticism isn't solely aimed at him but also the casting director. I'll always look at voice directors when it comes to bad or awkward dialogue, but seeing as how Toad and Bowser are fine, the voice itself seems to be a Chris Pratt issue and not a direction issue which is why he gets all the blame in that part. Just seems like a massive miscast and in that situation, anyone would prefer the original VA.

I understand what you mean with disagreeing with a church's messages but surely you realize how it sounds to go "My church homophobic? But they helped me with something unrelated!" right? Defending them from the specific criticism? It was a public statement by said church on a website that's still up to this day. Fair play on the second part though, I misremembered that a bit.
That’s definitely fair, I still don’t think Charles will end up being done dirty here. I could easily see him being a narrator whose an older Mario or something akin to that. I think they will respect his performance over the years and give him a pretty nice role to honor his legacy as the character. That’s just the impression I get from the fact he was billed right along the rest of the top cast. Something you almost never see a voice actor apart of for a movie adaptation. It seems a lot of love and thought has gone into every inch of the film for what miyamoto and Chris the ceo said.

As far as what I’ve read on that last night, I didn’t see anything where he specifically mentioned the church as homophonic. If he did, then yeah it sounds a little off, but that goes back to my second point where all these people say how great he is a person, then maybe he just didn’t really think much before talking about it. Kinda like how he kept pausing to think about what he should say in the direct. Maybe he just doesn’t think as much as he should when talking. Either way the only person with those answers are him.

Going to try and get Fuecoco the win. The results for this are going to be interesting.

Oh **** um... um I wanna go big man b..but Fuecoco tho
Reminds me of when Cartoonnetwork didn’t want to air Soeed Gonzalez cartoons because they thought his Mexican portrayal was offensive, and took him off the air. Only for Mexicans to petition to get him back and succeed because they loved the character lol.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
As far as what I’ve read on that last night, I didn’t see anything where he specifically mentioned the church as homophonic. If he did, then yeah it sounds a little off, but that goes back to my second point where all these people say how great he is a person, then maybe he just didn’t really think much before talking about it. Kinda like how he kept pausing to think about what he should say in the direct. Maybe he just doesn’t think as much as he should when talking. Either way the only person with those answers are him.
I'm pretty sure the Church everyone assumes Chris Pratt is part of came out and said he had no part in that church anyway

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
February 2023 matters now

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
"Well, at least Judy's still white"
images (4).jpeg

Let's hope this is just a teaser for the show and not what the show is going to be because this is not a good first look

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have to say, it’s nice to have 3 splat fest teams now.

It really widens the choice so that one host is not getting a majority of players like the past two games. Makes it a lot more fun to partake in and balance out the game nicely.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No I don’t need any people, who look quite like me.

Who I almost get on with.

Cuz we have the same diseases.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Having watched the latest episode of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law and currently watching through Netflix's Daredevil series:

This latest episode is probably my favourite by far. Matt Murdock makes his entrance in which I felt the show made a very respectful portrayal that was maintained from his Netflix series in which I am actually more excited for the upcoming Born Again series.

But boy, Jennifer is really going to go after Intelligencia heading towards the final episode next week.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alternate version of my Beast Gohan drawing.

I got a few scant pieces here and there left to post for the time being. Between part time work and animating, I'm not sure how much I'll get done, but hey it is what it is.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
A while back I posted a poll here, here are the results.

Inside there there is also the poll for Part II. I will also post it here.

Top Bottom