• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What the hell? I was playing Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and the game froze when I just grabbed the last collectable needed to win in a challenge.

Now I got to do the entire challenge all over again. :glare:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nate potential hot take of the day.
I’m just glad Charles is in the film at all. They could have left him out, but the fact they haven’t said whose he playing, make me think he has a special or legacy role. Something they didn’t have to do, so it’s nice that they did.
that is a yes
This makes me think that maybe these koopas will be special like an adaptation of this:
1665101342820.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nintendo adaptions we need.

DreamWorks Animation doing Kirby and Splatoon

NetFlix animated series (With an anime style perhaps similar to Castlevania) of Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus

Laika Studios doing The Legend of Zelda

A western Metroid cartoon by Genndy Tartakovsky
Keep Dreamworks the **** away from Splatoon.

We saw what happened the last time they messed with sea creatures.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Keep Dreamworks the **** away from Splatoon.

We saw what happened the last time they messed with sea creatures.
That was nearly 20 years ago my dude. Plus we've seen DreamWorks do great movies such as HTTYD (Your favorite franchise), Kung Fu Panda, Shrek 1 & 2. Most recently The Bad Guys which was decent.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Imma get heat for this

But my adhd brain can only tske so much wahoos with every jump in the normal mario games before I start getting annoyed. Idk how Id be able to handle his voice for over an hour

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Actually

I kinda want Nintendo to just use their new inhouse studio for Splatoon. Have the peeps who help with the concerts join in, too. Make it full 3D CG cartoon and just use super high-poly models like they do for the concerts.

And then subtitle it, because if they ain't saying "awemi woomy doobi acksqeeeze veemo woomy bob oh squabii" for all dialogue, it ain't Splatoon

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Imma get heat for this

But my adhd brain can only tske so much wahoos with every jump in the normal mario games before I start getting annoyed. Idk how Id be able to handle his voice for over an hour
Martine has range with other characters he plays, which is why it's a bit of a shame he didn't get to play him on the big screen, he'd probably be allowed to flex that more.

Granted, on face value I think his Wario and Luigi voices would be less grating for long stretches.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Want everyone's opinions.

How would you guys want all these potential Nintendo adaptions?

Animated films and western cartoons and what companies would you like them to be for those?
In the past I kicked around ideas for a Splatoon adaptation by PIXAR of all companies. When you think about it, Splatoon is a surprisingly dark franchise (need I bring up the Octo Expansion?) with a lot of deep lore and a war intwined with its stories. Pixar would be able to explore all of that in a fun, respectful way.

But then again, my original idea was maybe too dark even for Pixar. The best way I can describe my idea was Finding Dory, Romeo and Juliet, and The Prince of Egypt

And that's not even the WORST idea I've ever had for an animated movie. You know of this one woman called "Nicki Minaj", right? :skull:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Want everyone's opinions.

How would you guys want all these potential Nintendo adaptions?

Animated films and western cartoons and what companies would you like them to be for those?
Genndy for Metroid, I've said before and I'll say it again.

Splatoon could probably be the same as the Pokemon team.

Madhouse for Zelda

Titmouse for F-Zero,

Rise of TMNT for Star Fox.

If the show is in 3D Mainframe is still around I think so they'd be good for just about any of them.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So, here's my headcanon of what the introduction to the Mario movie would be like:
(Split into 2 parts)
After the whole thing with Bowser and the Penguins, we cut to Brooklyn in the real world with Mario entering Foreman Spike's office. He tells Mario that there's been problems at the construction site involving an escaped circus animal and wants him to sort it out. So, Mario goes over to the site seeing the escaped animal which appears to be a big primate going up the support beams. This starts a chase through the site with Mario and the ape pursing each other causing chaos until they go into the sewer tunnels.
Luigi is somewhere who has been hearing reports of turtles and crabs coming out of toilets in people's homes, he goes down a ladder under the manhole into the sewers to find the entire place infested. He manages to clear out the place despite his cowardliness and later sees his brother in red chasing a simian causing him to go after them. They run into a large green pipe with the two brothers wondering why it's there as they chase said ape into the pipe with the two separated from each other going different paths finding themselves into the Mushroom Kingdom later to reunite.
What do you think?

If the intro to the movie doesn't end up like this, I'm alright with that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
May not be 100% accurate but here are the known merchandise for the Mario movie, some of we actually have pictures of (might contain spoilers):
  • Mario with plunger action figure
  • Luigi with flashlight action figure
  • Peach with parasol action figure
  • Toad with frying pan action figure
  • Bowser feature figure
  • Koopa Troopa action figure
  • Magikoopa (Kamek?) action figure
  • Princess Peach castle playset containing "training grounds"
  • Van playset with Mario
  • With Kart toys
    • Mario with Mario Kart
    • Biker Peach with Motorcycle
    • Biker Koopa Troopa with Banzai Bill Motorcycle
    • Toad with Blue Truck
  • ONO 99 card game
  • Monopoly game
  • McDonald's toys
    • Mario in Pipe
    • Mario in Kart
    • Flashlight Luigi
    • Peach
    • Toad in blue truck
    • Fire breathing Bowser
    • Donkey Kong
    • Spinning Lumalee

Maybe a video game tie-in could happen for all we know. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So uh preffered animation studios?

Splatoon: Illumination
Animal Crossing: Illumination
Pokemon: In-House (but Illumination)
Pikmin: Illumination
Metroid: Genne-Illumination
ARMS: Drea-Illumination
Fire Emblem: Minions Company

Any qiestions?
Oh, I can see Illumination doing an animal Crossing and splatoon movie

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Come to think of it, a good chunk of the cast are voice actors that also happen to be famous celebs. Jack Black, KMR are all pretty prominent voice actors, KMK, Day and Pratt done sone voice work, and Seth Rogen... yeah.

Really just Anna Taylor Joy is the odd one out

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Come to think of it, a good chunk of the cast are voice actors that also happen to be famous celebs. Jack Black, KMR are all pretty prominent voice actors, KMK, Day and Pratt done sone voice work, and Seth Rogen... yeah.

Isn't that the Illumination special? Most of their voice actors for their movies are famous celebs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Technically she did have voice roles in the Dark Crystal show and the Playmobil movie,

Top Bottom