• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Xenoblade 3 has some incredible nighttime themes but you almost never get to hear them since fast traveling always puts you back at daytime.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright here's my totally serious froggy Tier list. Note this isn't who I like best, this is who I think would do best in a fight.

SS - Kermit the Frog, Froggy (Sonic Adventure), Frog (Frog Fractions)
S - Polly Plantar, The Hypnotoad, Politoed
A - Frog (Chrono Trigger), Ribby and Croaks (Cuphead), Sprig Plantar
B - Hop Pop, Prince Naveen
C - Pepe the Frog, Slippy Toad

What am I doing with my life.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright here's my totally serious froggy Tier list. Note this isn't who I like best, this is who I think would do best in a fight.

SS - Kermit the Frog, Froggy (Sonic Adventure), Frog (Frog Fractions)
S - Polly Plantar, The Hypnotoad, Politoed
A - Frog (Chrono Trigger), Ribby and Croaks (Cuphead), Sprig Plantar
B - Hop Pop, Prince Navene
C - Pepe the Frog, Slippy Toad

What am I doing with my life.
where does greninja rank

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
M MooMew64 Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I've been meaning talk about how drastic some of the character redesigns are in SoS Wonderful Life

Gustafa in particular has a massive glow up. It's insane.

Meanwhile, Nami lost like... Half her drip lol
She's still my fav though, and I'm probably still gonna go for her
I normaly go for Rock but....Gustafa redesign has me thinking different now

cashregister9

Smash Hero
M MooMew64 Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I've been meaning talk about how drastic some of the character redesigns are in SoS Wonderful Life

Gustafa in particular has a massive glow up. It's insane.

Meanwhile, Nami lost like... Half her drip lol
She's still my fav though, and I'm probably still gonna go for her
Gustafa was straight up yassified, it is kinda hilarious

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It was pretty good but calling it a masterpiece is kinda overselling it.

The script was pretty weak in a few places, could use two fewer climaxes and that's just me but it takes itself a bit too seriously. I don't need characters to make quips every other minute but some self-awareness would be welcome.
Tbh the lack of self awareness made this film way funnier than it should be. Like Riddler was meant to be played 100% serious as if he's not a ****ing Redditor in the movie.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Grime can't even take Sprig, how is he supposed to stand a chance against Froggy?
Push him off a waterfall while Sasha distracts him.

It worked on General Yunan, who need I remind you is the Scourge of the Sand Wars, Defeater of Ragnar the Wretched, and the youngest newt to ever achieve the rank of General in the Great Newtopian Army

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Push him off a waterfall while Sasha distracts him.

It worked on General Yunan, who need I remind you is the Scourge of the Sand Wars, Defeater of Ragnar the Wretched, and the youngest newt to ever achieve the rank of General in the Great Newtopian Army
And anyone who beats THE MIGHTY GENERAL YUNAN is a god among amphibians.

especially since yunan kinda thicc tho

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm late to respond to this but this pretty much sums up what my impression of what the current Nintendo discourse has turned into.

Like, what's weird about it is most of this is from 90s kids, and that era was nearly exclusively Japanese games and RPGs were like, the FPS of that gen. They were everywhere, it wasn't until the PS3 and XBox360 that they started declining. The hostility towards them is so strange, especially when Zelda and Mario have so many anime influences in them because, y'know, the devs are gonna take inspiration from the entertainment they grew up with in their own country. I legit just don't think western Nintendo fans comprehend that Japan is a nation that exists, and they just think NOA is the OG branch and is the head of it all or something.
While you're correct that RPGs exploded in the 90s with FF7, remember which console didn't have that game. Nor FF8, 9, 10, 11,12, 13...

In fact, big name RPGs didn't really come back to Nintendo until the Switch, Playstation was the one that had all that. But since Nintendo fans have some absurd brand loyalty, they're left in the dust.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if it's possible to force Pokémon Stadium to allow glitch Pokémon to battle. Through normal gameplay, all you can do is view them in Pokémon lab with the appearance of a substitute doll.

But it's not possible in Pokémon Stadium 2 because all glitch Pokémon automatically become a Ditto (permanently if you save).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sonic.exe was a mistake
Genuinely one of the worst creepypasta stories ever conceived.

I think the only things that have carried it's popularity for so long are whatever shock value it might have once had. Aside from that, there's really nothing about it's story or concept to write home about.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Genuinely one of the worst creepypasta stories ever conceived.

I think the only things that have carried it's popularity for so long are whatever shock value it might have once had. Aside from that, there's really nothing about it's story or concept to write home about.
"Wow, this game sucks. It's only slightly more interactive than a David Cage game" :yoshi:

Top Bottom