• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo Direct
State of Play
and Microsoft/Rare using Nintendo to dual announce Goldeneye

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m playing the Splatoon 3 Story mode and just beat the third boss

shiver

and I’m sorry but what????

The villain goes you can call me… Mr Grizz

Holy ****, what is going on here?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here are the three choices for the upcoming splatfest in 10 days.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know, I was actually jamming to Pokémon Stadium 1&2 music for the past few days but was never expecting said games to rise from their slumber.

Amazing how things turn out.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Quick thoughts on the direct:

The Fire Emblem leak was real? lol Nice, funny toothpaste man is legit

So many farming games, this is nintendo's way of telling its audience to touch grass lol

I feel like an idiot because right before the direct started i said to my brother "You know they'll never put the Pokemon stadium games on switch online"

New Zelda game announcement, neat

Pikmin 4 better be damn good considering it's been in development for like 10 years at this point.

TALES OF SYMPHONIA SWITCH PORT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Well I'm interested in that Tales of Symphonia port as I never played a Tales game before.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So... now that Goldeneye proves that licensed games are not completely impossible to appear on the NSO service I have exactly one licensed game I want on there:

Wizard_of_Oz_Coverart.png

Of course, it is possible Goldeneye is a one time deal for licensed games on NSO.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So... now that Goldeneye proves that licensed games are not completely impossible to appear on the NSO service I have exactly one licensed game I want on there:

Of course, it is possible Goldeneye is a one time deal for licensed games on NSO.
that and it helps that Microsoft loves themselves some Nintendo

tho of course so does Sony atm…but not enough to share games (for now)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wait a minute, when it comes to Sigurd’s part of the Fire Emblem franchise…doesn’t he die and get replaced with/by his son or is that a different FE lord?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
wait a minute, when it comes to Sigurd’s part of the Fire Emblem franchise…doesn’t he die and get replaced with/by his son or is that a different FE lord?
Oh totally, and it's ****ing brutal.
Get burned alive in a trap set by one of the other characters, if his game gets a remake the game will probably be rated M for this scene alone

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I can’t get over the idea of a Kirby Action RPG. That would rock.
Would be cool.

Have Kirby, Bandana Dee, Dedede, and Meta Knight as the main team of four and you could recruit others to join the gang like Adeleine, Magolor, Gooey, and more including Elfilin (who somehow could have Fecto's powers and weapon or transform)

Bosses could be from past Kirby games and all the way to Forgotten Land.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would be cool.

Have Kirby, Bandana Dee, Dedede, and Meta Knight as the main team of four and you could recruit others to join the gang like Adeleine, Magolor, Gooey, and more including Elfilin (who somehow could have Fecto's powers and weapon or transform)

Bosses could be from past Kirby games and all the way to Forgotten Land.
Why recruit Magalor? Isn’t he like… evil?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got some time so get to jot down my Direct thoughts.

Good to see the first real part of XC3's expansion pass. Not really feeling the new Hero design but that's okay. I liked all the ones in base game.

Seeing Fist of the North Star and then immediately seeing it's a fitness game gave me severe whiplash.

I am hyped for Theatrhythm. Hook those FF jams to my veins.

Nice upcoming lineup for N64 online. I do wonder if anything will be done about the blister causing games in Mario Party 1. Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 are cool but without Transfer Pak functionality they are severely gimped. Trying to get through with rental Pokemon is near impossible. Also I let out a squeal when GoldenEye was revealed. Looks like Nintendo and Microsoft worked out a compromise. Switch gets the original with online multiplayer, Xbox gets an enhanced version without online play.

Great that Pikmin 4 is actually happening. Would have been cool to see more of it. Also the way Miyamoto talked about Pikmin Bloom kept reminding of the sentiment that he's some crazy old guy now.

Resident Evil continues to have a Nintendo presence. Cloud versions mean nothing for me considering they don't end up available or feasible in where I live. EDIT: It actually is available in my region. Not that it really matters since I have it for PS5.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe was a nice surprise. I missed out on the original so I'd like to get the remake. Still need to get Forgotten Land though.

Also we finally got a crumb more Zelda news. Nice we finally got a title.

Oh and I was happy we already got more news on the Mario Kart DLC but they abruptly moving on after revealing only 2 courses was weird.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm replaying Persona 3 Portable for the upcoming anniversary event and man...

The story really goes "what if we were both determined and talented yet emotionally stunted people due to our upbringing acting like model students on the outside but unable to easily form relationships with others, therefore letting our few cherished connections define ourselves which is then challenged by the shared grief of our fathers causing our similar personalities to clash but also result in learning we don't have to keep our hearts so guarded and actually would be better off by bonding over unhappy memories as a chance to grow rather than letting them prevent us from developing as people... and we were both girls?😳"

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Huge shame the Stadium games were shown with that disclaimer that Pokemon can't be transferred to them. I love early-gens competitive, and teambuilding for it is so fun. Plus, the games are hard even with your own teams, let alone woefully unoptimized rentals. I understand why they included the disclaimer, though: there are probably a lot of people who would try to teambuild in recent Pokemon games to transfer to Stadiums 1 and 2 and end up wasting a ton of their time. I hope Nintendo is planning to fix this issue by bringing Gameboy and Gameboy Color games to NSO, and allowing transfer that way.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I said "I'm no longer buying games at release until I want to play them at release" so Nintendo said "Ok, here's Fire Emblem 2 months after Pokémon and Zelda four months after that"

All within my first year of college

Last edited:
Top Bottom