• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also

Really cool to see the weird Blaziken/Latias hybrid.

Seems like it was gonna be a much bigger deal.
I’m guessing it was just Latias at that point and torchic was going to be something else.

Really interesting nonetheless that it got reworked into a starter.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't been keepong up with the new M&L game like that (I should though) but... these ****** got Chaos Control now?

Yeah this game's gas.
Mario and Luigi fans when it takes like 30 seconds to do 1 attack on your turn (They don't play other RPGs and assume this is fine)
So here’s a **** ton of beta and canceled pokemon from black and white as well as Ruby and sapphire:
You gotta be ****ing kidding me beta Simisear looks infinitely better than the final one, it wouldn't get the reputation as 'least popular pokemon ever' if it stayed a chonky lad

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also

Really cool to see the weird Blaziken/Latias hybrid.

Seems like it was gonna be a much bigger deal.
Considering they had to lock down Latias's design for the movie (also there's a separate sprite), it really is a surprise to see. It doesn't seem to be a placeholder for Blaziken either from what I was reading.

I'd be especially curious to see if the Beta Lati Trainer has a sprite as well given a version of her was being used up until the last moment for official marketing. Heck just a few years ago, The Pokemon Center was still selling merch with her on it; I still have the Sugimori Collection painting hanging on my wall.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So here’s a **** ton of beta and canceled pokemon from black and white as well as Ruby and sapphire:
Having read the Nintendo Dream interview for BW, this is very fun to see. I always wanted to know how Pokemon like the original Karrablast evolution, the colorful and more complex Reshiram/Zekrom, Oni Throh and the like looked, and we finally got a good view of them. I ultimately prefer the final designs we got for the majority, but it is always nice to get a glimpse into how these Pokemon developed from their original concept to the final product we get in the games.

Swaggod7

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
SWAG#494
I like you pineapple on pizza has become as controversial as religious or political views or opinions :201l: :201o::201l:

I'm surprised they're even making a sixth Ice Age movie. The fifth movie didn't do too well domestically and the Buck Wild spinoff was critically ravaged. Feels like the audience of Ice Age has long since moved on by now.
Weird how we only see humans in the first, then Pangea breaking and the earth core activating, then dinosaurs and the LITERAL SOLAR SYSTEM BEING FORMED HOW THERE WAS NO SIGNS OF LIFE WHEN THAT HAPPENED!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Started seeing people say the leak was the result of phishing which ended up getting someone from GF doxxed.

Game Freak just put out a statement to employees, stating it's related to unauthorised third party access to their servers back in August. They are currently trying to reach out to everyone affected.

Notice and apology regarding the leak of personal information following unauthorized access
GAME FREAK Inc. (Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; CEO: Satoshi Tajiri; hereinafter referred to as "our company") has discovered that personal information of employees and others was leaked in connection with unauthorized access to our server by a third party in August 2024. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and concern caused to all involved.

1. Leaked personal information
Personal data regarding our employees, etc.
Items: Name, company email address
Number of items: 2,606,
*Our employees and contract workers (including former employees and ex-employees)

2. Responses to individuals whose personal information has been leaked
We are contacting the affected employees individually. For those who cannot be contacted individually due to resignation or other reasons, we will notify them through this announcement and set up a contact point to respond to inquiries regarding this matter.

3. Measures to prevent recurrence
We have already rebuilt and inspected the server, and will strive to prevent recurrence by further strengthening our security measures.

4. Inquiries regarding this matter
If you are affected by this matter, please contact the following office for inquiries:
[Inquiry form]

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think the marsupial lion is becoming one of my favorite prehistorics. Carnifex by Matthew J Hellscream which I'm currently reading is really getting me into the animal.

A predatory marsupial with bolt cutter teeth that filled the niche of big cats in Australia that lived 40,000 years ago. Probably had the strongest bite force of any mammal that lived.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wanted to see how /vp/ reacted to the leaks

They're a million times more focused on the stories written by GF themselves about human-Pokemon relationships than anything else.

I am not surprised.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For whoever is living in Canada.

Happy Thanksgiving!

And Happy early Thanksgiving to my neighoring Americans. I know it's a month away but wanted to wish you all a happy one too.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Uh, oh. That's not good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of leaks…
View attachment 395171
Mario and Luigi has now leaked online 3 weeks ahead of release.

If you want to be unspoiled, tread the internet carefully.
this year alone having Insomniac and Game Freak hacked and leaked to have their plans exposed while Mario and Luigi have a whole game leaked…oh and I guess the Suicide Squad game leaks. 2024 does not care damn

Noipoi

Howdy!
Uh, oh. That's not good.
I’m going to have to dodge PLZA spoilers for an entire year
Before there’s even a goddamn trailer

IMG_9543.gif

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uh, oh. That's not good.
Yet the leaker thinks by not releasing the game it will prevent him from going to jail.

Have I got news for them…. They are cooked regardless, they low key should have just posted it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, in those leaks is documents from the Pokémon anime, such as beta designs for Paul, the original pitch for horizons, tons of concept art for the movies and series, and more.

But more importantly, the horizons section has leaked two new megas as there is documents going over how they should include these new megas in the anime.

They are mega Zygarde and Mega Zeraora

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To think that there's folklore stories that involve **** in the Pokemon gigaleak...
This is a Greek mythology moment.
They’ve been really prepping for Gen 10.
Also crazy how GameFreak writes down stuff like "sexy latina pilot" in their design docs and yet the fans go for...

nevermind
Anyone who didn’t already think Skyla was peak, was wrong to begin with.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well

One's WAY MORE SHOCKING than the other so

Understandable, really. Even I'm a bit aghast at what I read there lmao
She is not no damn 15 lmao.

But actually, I think they refer her as a young adult in the game so they probably changed her age.

Probably for the better

Edit: There is no probably yeah it was 100% better lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom