• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
wait when you said shocking I thought you mean.

yeah.

I guess a certain side of the fanbase won. Why Gamefreak
tbf, they've been winning since Gen 4 JP since that got censored for the English release.

This was just

Blatant tho, whereas the original could be read certain ways lmao.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This is a Greek mythology moment.
More like Japanese mythology, I believe some of these are just Japanese myths with the names switched around.

That's at least the case with the Lapras one, which is literally just the Octillery one with "Octillery" replaced with "Lapras".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She is not no damn 15 lmao.

But actually, I think they refer her as a young adult in the game so they probably changed her age.

Probably for the better

Edit: There is no probably yeah it was 100% better lol
I don’t know why people debated her age.

She’s been a full blown pilot for years and is close friends (presumably growing up together) with Cynthia, a full grown woman.

Gamefreak couldn’t have gone “please enjoy the actual adults more” then if they tried lol

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I don’t know why people debated her age.

She’s been a full blown pilot for years and is close friends (presumably growing up together) with Cynthia, a full grown woman.

Gamefreak couldn’t have gone “please enjoy the actual adults more” then if they tried lol
TheMightyP TheMightyP was talking about Elesa there, not Skyla.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Archie was originally a gym leader moonlighting as the leader of a group of pirates, who were working to stop Maxie and Team Magma from hurting Pokémon, as opposed to fighting over land rights:
IMG_2606.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TheMightyP TheMightyP was talking about Elesa there, not Skyla.
That one also wouldn’t make sense to be a child.

She’s a full blown model living the life of realizing adulthood isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Which is why she encourages Bianca to follow her own dreams instead of her parents. App top of again being modeling for years and close friends with Cynthia
Pokémon mythology is kinda ****ed up.

I like it. It’s like our irl myths and legends, they aren’t all PG :4wario2:
to be fair, doesn’t Diamond and Pearl have books at the Canlave library that talk about marriage between people and Pokémon? Which was basically not that far off from some of these docs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pokémon mythology is kinda ****ed up.

I like it. It’s like our irl myths and legends, they aren’t all PG :4wario2:
Well at least the questions they make people ask aren't all "why do you want to mate with a cartoon bear/octopus/etc."

Like in one there's a part where a Rapidash has its mane cut off. As in the fire-type one. How does that work?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also with the Gen 3 map editor in these leaks, I wonder if that could revolutionize the rom hacking scene for gba rom hacks.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So based on the Gym Leader bios.
The Striaton triplets are British
Lenora's half British and Black (more the latter)
Burgh's Italian
Elesa's French
Clay's Japanese (but we already knew that)
Skyla's Hispanic
Brycen's Chinese
Iris' Middle Eastern
Drayden's German

They weren't kidding when they said they wanted to have a more diverse cast for BW. Granted, there were a couple misfires in how they handled it, but this does show there was a clear attempt.

It's also interesting that Drayden having a grandson was already intended as far back as BW.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the anime leaks are really interesting as well. Since they expand to other media.

One of the documents refers to the live action Pokemon show that was reported on earlier this year at Netflix. Apparently it’s 8 episodes and meant to drop this year.

There’s also been an anime movie aimed at older audiences meant to reboot the films, but it’s been in development hell since 2021. It is set in Kanto and focuses on Mew.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Burgh's Italian
Elesa's French
Skyla's Hispanic
Brycen's Chinese
Iris' Middle Eastern
Drayden's German

They weren't kidding when they said they wanted to have a more diverse cast for BW. Granted, there were a couple misfires in how they handled it, but this does show there was a clear attempt.

It's also interesting that Drayden having a grandson was already intended as far back as BW.
Oh no, some of the Gym Leaders in Unova are Br*tish?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also with the Gen 3 map editor in these leaks, I wonder if that could revolutionize the rom hacking scene for gba rom hacks.
Considering some of the stuff people have already done with Gen 3 hacks including new mini games and swapping out the battle system entirely for one based on Auto Chess, would their official tools really be any helpful at this point?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok the plot for the upcoming anime movie is actually kind of crazy and dark.

Film apparently has two new protags set in modern Kanto.

It’s more mature and meant to tackle themes of suicide and cyber bullying.

made by the director of detective Conan.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Burgh's Italian
Elesa's French
Skyla's Hispanic
Brycen's Chinese
Iris' Middle Eastern
Drayden's German

WOKEmon /j

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After all these leaks next Pokémon Day the Presents is just gonna be the president staring at the audience, flipping us off, and leaving.
“Tune in February 28th 2025 for the latest Pokemon Presents!

Featuring roughly 40 minutes of John Gamefreak deleting every bit on data on all upcoming projects, because you ungrateful ****s couldn’t wait”

*Please note there will be no additional announcements regarding the Nintendo Switch Successor

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just think of them as myths and legends. Early humans in the Pokémon universe telling stories and trying to make sense of the world. None of that really happened.

I hope
Well the one involving Lapras is just the one involving Octillery with the species swapped, so clearly one couldn't have happened

I hope

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just think of them as myths and legends. Early humans in the Pokémon universe telling stories and trying to make sense of the world. None of that really happened.

I hope
Yeah…

Except we have a glaring outliner that implies all of these stories are real.

In the Octilliery story, the man is a human born from a Pokémon.

He can understand Pokemon as well.

Now who do we know that can do that?

N.

Which means N is likely born from a Pokémon, which makes sense as he lived in the wild.

Or he is indeed a Zoroark because his sprite in the betas opening had only one difference, a mole. Yet his other sprites do not. Implying once again, he could be a pokemon in disguise

Top Bottom