• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

• Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

At the rate things are going and we don't get it next Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if the film was pushed to a 2025 March-April release.

Like we already got trailers to Joker 2, Mufasa: The Lion King, Moana 2, hell ******* even the live-action Lilo & Stitch we got a teaser of. Yet we haven't even gotten a single teaser for Sonic 3. Why is this taking so long?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Project Voltage CD album art; “Grass, Fire & Water” by Megumi Mizutani, ft. Grass Miku, Rillaboom, Fire Miku, Skeledirge, Water Miku, and Primarina:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I hate the avatar. SF5 had soooo many costumes! and we aren't getting that so they can make worthless stuff for the avatar
Yeah the avatar focus in terms of post-launch content has been my biggest disappointment with SF6

They did a TMNT, Spy x Family, Monster Hunter, Mega Man and even a Baki crossover, but since they were either avatar costumes or photo mode stickers, they came and went without any real fanfare.

Rashid Air Man was one of the greatest SFV costumes, and they had a perfect chance to bring it back, but didn't.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Suggestion: What if there was a platform fighter for Total Drama-inspired webseries like Disventure Camp, Exotic Escapade, The Reality Project and other stuff like that? It's a growing genre all its own and I think there's some potential to be had here.

Kristal would be the announcer of course (with Victoria and Stella also being available as alternate announcers), and here's a few fighters I think would be locks:

Disventure Camp
Trevor and Derek (duo fighter)
Jensen
Tom
Miriam (this'd be GOLD)
Alec and Fiore (duo fighter)
Gabby (no prizes for guessing my main)
James
Riya
Aiden
Ally
Hunter
Lake

Reality Resort
Brad
Isadore
Cheryl
Charles
Topaz
Tino
Drew (probably not, but would be an EASY secondary for me, I LOVE this guy)

Exotic Escapade
Alice
Duke
Blitz
Montez
Hiro
Carter
Pamela
Molly

Though I was working with slim pickings for the non-DC casts. Reality Resort (the first season of the Reality Project) only just started and Exotic Escapade hasn't even started yet. Come back to me in a year or so and we'll likely have a cast to really sink our teeth into.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Live Action Doofenshmirtz can’t hurt you. Live Action Doofenshmirtz isn’t real.

Live Action Doofenshmirtz:

And before anyone asks, yes this is real and will be at Disneyland.
That is Patrick Star in a Spongebob cutaway gag

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Top 10 Most Ambitious Crossovers

The only time I watched Hot Ones was when Alton Brown was on it so I know the format. But man did this feel corporate. Like, if Donald was a real celebrity there would be so many more interesting questions to ask him than just having him recite trivia from his wiki page.

Look, all I'm saying is they should have made up weird new random lore for the Donald Duck Hot Ones interview.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only time I watched Hot Ones was when Alton Brown was on it so I know the format. But man did this feel corporate. Like, if Donald was a real celebrity there would be so many more interesting questions to ask him than just having him recite trivia from his wiki page.

Look, all I'm saying is they should have made up weird new random lore for the Donald Duck Hot Ones interview.
I dunno what you’re expecting man it’s literally a corporate sponsored product. They’re not gonna have Donald talk about his illegitimate children or his struggle with his addiction or the war.

This is essentially a Disney commercial. It’s gonna be on brand :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno what you’re expecting man it’s literally a corporate sponsored product. They’re not gonna have Donald talk about his illegitimate children or his struggle with his addiction or the war.

Donald proceeds to talk about that time he was a nazi.

Things get really, really awkward.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I know there was no way it wasn’t gonna just be this. But I still feel the need to express what I feel would have made it actually entertaining to watch (aside from the admittedly funny animation when he eats the sauce).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched Spider-man Homecoming

I forgot about GOTG 2, so I am flipping them in this rewatch

Really good movie, Some of the best humor and character work with some unique action for the MCU. Also has the best Credits sequence.

As a Spider-man adaptation is where things get interesting. In some parts this is one of the best spider-man adaptations, it got the tone and attitude perfect, it has my overall favorite version of The Vulture, but then the Tony Stark stuff shows up. I don't hate everything about it, I like the conceit of a "Stark Internship" that was a good way of how Peter could hide the Spider-man stuff. But the Multi-million Dollar suit and easy access to Iron-man is where it starts to lose me, I feel it kind of defeats the point of Spider-man. In some aspects this is one of the most faithful adaptations, in others it feels off.

This is mostly nitpicks though, I still really like this movie.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

At the rate things are going and we don't get it next Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if the film was pushed to a 2025 March-April release.

Like we already got trailers to Joker 2, Mufasa: The Lion King, Moana 2, hell ******* even the live-action Lilo & Stitch we got a teaser of. Yet we haven't even gotten a single teaser for Sonic 3. Why is this taking so long?
Keep in mind that we didn't a trailer for Sonic 2 until The Game Awards 2021.
Just be patient.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Did they ask Donald how he cast Zettaflare in Kingdom Hearts 3 without dying?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 33: Spritzee

Wow, a pink bird with a long white beak. Surely this will evolve into our first Flamingo Pokemon, and not some weird oddly sensual demon chicken furby!
MY LITTLE PERFUME BABY ITSELF

Call it a hot take. Call me wrong. But in my humble opinion, Spritzee is the absolute cutest of all the Pokemon. It's a teeny-tiny, fluffy pink bird that smells lovely and has the sweetest lil voice in the anime too. I would love to have one as a pet in real life cuz it's just too small and precious I can't- :sadeyes:

Though if you think that's my hottest take, just wait til tomorrow. :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ermac's ending is very funny in MK Deception. Bro really cleared a 1 v 5 against, Soyna, Johnny, Jax, Kitana and Kung Lao. Should've brought that ***** to fight the Deadly Alliance. Also Jade managed to put in work too in both her ending and Sindel's. And since Sub-Zero was one of the good guys that didn't get cooked, I think if Raiden rolled up with 4 ninjas(I think Kitana could still been useful) and Kenshi he would've been fine.

still waiting for modders to port the rest of the MvCI characters into 3. Still need Black Panther, Black Widow, Gamora, Winter Soldier, Jedah, and Sigma.
Yeah, MMX, Venom, New Thanos, Captain Marvel and Ultron were some of the earliest characters that were handled in the mods. All from MVCI. I think Monster Hunter as well, but I can't remember all of them. I DID like how cool Ultron's Cross Laser move looks in UMVC3's mod. It's a really stylish move so I'm happy to see that kept.

Then it was mostly going back and forth between some TVC(Namely Batsu) and MVC1/2 peeps and "originals". Personally, I'm waiting for Black Panther and OG Mega Man. Or hell, Volnutt since TVC's newcomers weren't touched up on THAT much. The current major addition from any of the other games I saw was Blackheart. And outside of the games, Blade and Magma Dragoon were being worked on.

I think the mods still require using someone else as a base. I can't remember if they got to War Machine yet.

Though there's also Rashid, Jon Talbain, Carnage, Shocker, Bishop, The Thing, Red-She Hulk, Ghost Spider and Nero who weren't any official games yet. I think Hinata (Rival Schools) was as well, since they probably just modded Sakura who was modded off of Ryu or Akuma.

I'm sure they'll get to them eventually, but there's A LOT of characters being made for it.

And on top of that there's also variant of existing characters, probably because that's easier to implement Evil Ryu, than spending months creating Gambit for example.

My Twitter "For you" is full of "What if Hatsune Miku was from Brazil"
Current drawing trend. She's one of those characters that carries a lot of those too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom