• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sonic Superstars has some of the worst bosses I've ever seen. Whoever thought bosses should have seconds long vulnerability frames once a minute in a game that's all about speed should not be allowed to cook again

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On Xbox, it’s been delisted since July 29 and there are no bundles.
The game is still available physically.
Yeah, it's a true Sega moment. Don't fully delist the game, but then make it ridiculously expensive to get barring a sale (and don't bother with a 5 finger discount cause it still has Denuvo). And also, make it unavailable on other platforms so if you have no PC tough luck.

People be sleeping on how greedy Sega actually is, because they allow mods and fan games... sometimes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Yeah, it's a true Sega moment. Don't fully delist the game, but then make it ridiculously expensive to get barring a sale (and don't bother with a 5 finger discount cause it still has Denuvo). And also, make it unavailable on other platforms so if you have no PC tough luck.

People be sleeping on how greedy Sega actually is, because they allow mods and fan games... sometimes.
I already have it so....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Being optimistic for a bit because that's what I am with Sonic, but it's worth pointing out that the Steam 200 dollar bundle gets discounted if you already have games in there and how the tweet announcing it said this will apply to the Xbox version which does NOT have a bundle like that afaik, it's entirely possible they'll make like, a Modern Bundle or something that includes Generations 2011 later down the line. Sega definitely deserves **** for absolutely terrible practises, don't get me wrong, but I think keeping a way to buy the original without risk of potentially confusing people trying to buy the new version is at the very least a step up

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Being optimistic for a bit because that's what I am with Sonic, but it's worth pointing out that the Steam 200 dollar bundle gets discounted if you already have games in there and how the tweet announcing it said this will apply to the Xbox version which does NOT have a bundle like that afaik, it's entirely possible they'll make like, a Modern Bundle or something that includes Generations 2011 later down the line. Sega definitely deserves **** for absolutely terrible practises, don't get me wrong, but I think keeping a way to buy the original without risk of potentially confusing people trying to buy the new version is at the very least a step up
I just hope they discount it as well as make bundles for other platforms. It's just multibillion corp doing multibillion corp things, it sucks but not surprising. I should be used to stuff like that anyways, I'm a Nintendo fan after all (I hate them too).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's Fortnite collab rumor time. These come on the cusp of Disney's D23 announcements on Saturday.

1. The Fortnite item shop would gain a special Disney section, allowing for ease of access to previously released Disney items.
2. Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, and Kingdom Hearts collabs.
Those are all pretty damn good choice if they all get skin. Definitely buying the whole collection for the last one and might buy the first one.

The second one is a really surprising choice. That franchise has been dormant for years and I’m surprised Disney even remembers it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished Sonic Superstars.

At first I thought it was kinda weird that they let you change character in the same save file instead of doing what the other classic games did.

Now I'm thankful for that cause it means I don't have to play this game four separate times

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

At first I thought it was kinda weird that they let you change character in the same save file instead of doing what the other classic games did.

Now I'm thankful for that cause it means I don't have to play this game four separate times
Play a real 2D Mascot Platformer like Mario Wonder

It'll cleanse your soul

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Those are all pretty damn good choice if they all get skin. Definitely buying the whole collection for the last one and might buy the first one.

The second one is a really surprising choice. That franchise has been dormant for years and I’m surprised Disney even remembers it.
James Cameron’s Avatar is also now in the rumor mill.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just hope they discount it as well as make bundles for other platforms. It's just multibillion corp doing multibillion corp things, it sucks but not surprising. I should be used to stuff like that anyways, I'm a Nintendo fan after all (I hate them too).
See, that, I doubt lmao, Generations hasn't been on sale in a good while so I feel it won't happen until Sonadow's been out for a good while.

What about Trip Mode and Last Story?

I love this game but you could not pay me to do Trip Mode again lmao. Except maybe Golden Capital Act 2 which is better by losing the gimmick lol. Have fun fighting Fang properly if you haven't yet!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Cartoon Network website getting shut down for good got me thinking; kids really don't got a place to go online anymore. Flash is dead, official sites are getting scrubbed, kid friendly online games are disappearing, etc. They really got nowhere to go, or the places they can go have been taken over by adults.

A real shame if you ask me, and it's not much better for them irl.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What about Trip Mode and Last Story?

I love this game but you could not pay me to do Trip Mode again lmao. Except maybe Golden Capital Act 2 which is better by losing the gimmick lol. Have fun fighting Fang properly if you haven't yet!
I'm not playing that. I beat the main game, I don't need to play more. I wouldn't chicken out like that if it weren't for how ****ing **** the boss fights are, I cannot stand most of them. Maybe I'll go back to it some other time but for now it's back to chipping away at the backlog. I've already decided that I'm playing Hades next

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Cartoon Network website getting shut down for good got me thinking; kids really don't got a place to go online anymore. Flash is dead, official sites are getting scrubbed, kid friendly online games are disappearing, etc. They really got nowhere to go, or the places they can go have been taken over by adults.

A real shame if you ask me, and it's not much better for them irl.
Kids really do deserve online spaces just for them, without adults barging in and taking up space. I think it’s important. A lot of my formative internet memories came from websites like that.

Honestly one of my bucket list items is to make one of those kids virtual world websites.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On one hand, Gravity Falls ended perfectly and there is zero reason for a sequel.

On the other hand, I will be seated.

And on my secret third hand, I realize that with the Adventure Time revivals, the Regular Show revival, and the possible Gravity Falls revival, I'm officially the target audience for TV shows reboot pandering.

That's a first.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
On one hand, Gravity Falls ended perfectly and there is zero reason for a sequel.

And on my secret third hand, I realize that with the Adventure Time revivals, the Regular Show revival, and the possible Gravity Falls revival, I'm officially the target audience for TV shows reboot pandering.

That's a first.
We’re becoming geriatric

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I really only think the final bosses in Sonic Superstars are dog**** tbh.

Now granted, none of them are particularly fun to fight but at least most of them can be cheesed with the emerald powers in the main game. Trip's Story does turn them into a real endurance test though by giving them more health, **** that mode.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

That's a first.
I mean, I will always maintain that they could tell another story in that world still because like.. no way Dipper and Mabel aren't going to want to go back there next summer. Sure the overarching mystery is solved but like... you could just come up with a new one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, I will always maintain that they could tell another story in that world still because like.. no way Dipper and Mabel aren't going to want to go back there next summer. Sure the overarching mystery is solved but like... you could just come up with a new one.
Well it’s not that there aren’t anymore stories to tell in this world

It’s that reboots and sequel series are generally poopy doopy and people don’t want a beloved show’s legacy to be tarnished :drshrug:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still think Gravity Falls would've turned out as great as it already did if had a third season back during it's original run. I feel like the show still had plenty of stories and ideas it could've explored without losing it's quality, but the two seasons it did get are peak TV series, animated or otherwise.

As long as it's quality remains or even improves, I'm down for a follow-up to Gravity Falls and have been for a while. If this is really all leading up to another season or a sequel series, or heck, even a TV movie or two like The Owl House's third and final season, I'm all here for it.

Top Bottom