• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Regarding a Gravity Falls revival, iirc in the past Alex Hirsch didn't want to get people's hopes too high but he's also said it'd be possible for him to return to the series if he felt like he had a new story he wanted to tell.

If we get a revival I hope that's why, and not because Disney forced his hand or anything.

...I've yet to read Book of Bill. Perhaps I ought to get around.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Explain

EXPLAIN

What does he SAY
Well first, Matt Pat, Charlie Day, and Weird Al all came together to make videos for this, there’s a bunch of new lore and if you want to explore., here’s the list of all codes so far if you want to pay around:

And the bill video:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Regarding a Gravity Falls revival, iirc in the past Alex Hirsch didn't want to get people's hopes too high but he's also said it'd be possible for him to return to the series if he felt like he had a new story he wanted to tell.

If we get a revival I hope that's why, and not because Disney forced his hand or anything.

...I've yet to read Book of Bill. Perhaps I ought to get around.
Fair but it’s been awhile. But also Disney executives literally said a few weeks back they are actively working with Alex on bringing the show back.

Setting up a whole ARG website with a countdown coincidentally lining up with D23 definitely raises some eyebrows.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ever think about how in Rugrats, the babies' favorite franchise was a parody of Godzilla?

Y'know, the horrible mutated monstrosity in constant nuclear agony who killed millions and showed the true horrors of nuclear weaponry?

Apparently in that universe, literal one-year-olds are fond of it.
The later Showa era Godzilla movies are very goofy. Maybe they liked those :drshrug:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ever think about how in Rugrats, the babies' favorite franchise was a parody of Godzilla?

Y'know, the horrible mutated monstrosity in constant nuclear agony who killed millions and showed the true horrors of nuclear weaponry?

Apparently in that universe, literal one-year-olds are fond of it.
This isn't crazy, everyone loves Godzilla as a kid because wow cool giant lizard

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Actually now that Pink Yoshi brought it up it is weird how when I was a kid, Robocop, Alien, Predator and Terminator were like, household names. Children should not be seeing those movies lmao
But they're just perfect for toylines and the occasional animated series.

Shroob

Sup?
Actually now that Pink Yoshi brought it up it is weird how when I was a kid, Robocop, Alien, Predator and Terminator were like, household names. Children should not be seeing those movies lmao
The 80's and 90's were TOTALLY RADICAL

"From the hit movie Alien, collect all these new action figures! NOW WITH REAL CHEST BURSTING ACTION!"

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
You think that's bad? I played Grand Theft Auto at a very young age. Admittedly my parents did turn it down so I didn't hear the swearing, and I never actually progressed the story, just cheated and flew off over the ocean on a jetpack, buuuuuut still pretty bad lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If the Alien Little Golden Book is any indication, it’s that Children are recognized as a niche audience.

Then again, why make a children’s book out of an R Rated movie?!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If the Alien Little Golden Book is any indication, it’s that Children are recognized as a niche audience.

Then again, why make a children’s book out of an R Rated movie?!
I think it was brought up before, but literally the only audience I can think of are either

a.) Collectors or b.) Millennial Parents who named their kid after a Game Of Thrones character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I watched Alien and Aliens once as a kid at some point.

For years up until watching the full movies again when I was much older, I remembered nothing about the first movie except for a scene of the Alien's jaw/tongue opening up and the scene where Ripley kicked it out the airlock, and very little about the second movie except for a few deleted scenes at the space colony and the final battle with the Alien Queen lol.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Ah, Frontier Developments.

What a fun gaming company! With good-old-fashioned wholesome fun like Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Jurrassic World Evolution, and...this...
1723271046352.png

And just wait until you hear about what HAPPENS in this game. Look up Toridori's review, it's a trip.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Agatha trailer and once again this show looks fun:

i still think it’s going to be a sleeper hit and a solid show by the time it’s done.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ah, Frontier Developments.

What a fun gaming company! With good-old-fashioned wholesome fun like Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Jurrassic World Evolution, and...this...
View attachment 393327
And just wait until you hear about what HAPPENS in this game. Look up Toridori's review, it's a trip.
Don't need to look anything up. I've already played through it.

Top Bottom