• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My friend is helping me hack my 3DS. Gimme some recommendations for games I can only play on that system.

Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Ultra Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Planet Robobot
Metroid: Samus Returns
Star Fox 64 3D
Fire Emblem Awakeninng
Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Smash 3DS
Dragon Quest 8
All of the Ace Attorney games except for the Layton Crossover
I think that's all of them
bumping this cause it was the last post in the page and i actually need the engagement

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My friend is helping me hack my 3DS. Gimme some recommendations for games I can only play on that system.

Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Ultra Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Planet Robobot
Metroid: Samus Returns
Star Fox 64 3D
Fire Emblem Awakeninng
Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Smash 3DS
Dragon Quest 8
All of the Ace Attorney games except for the Layton Crossover
I think that's all of them
SMT4 is a pretty cool game I highly recommend, Sonic Generations is by no means as good as the console version but it's still a fun little adventure, Dillon's Rolling Western, what I played of Etrian Odyssey 4 was cool, Liberation Maiden's a short yet fun time. All I can think of off the top of my head

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Monster Hunter 4U.
I don't see myself playing this one tbh
SMT4 is a pretty cool game I highly recommend, Sonic Generations is by no means as good as the console version but it's still a fun little adventure, Dillon's Rolling Western, what I played of Etrian Odyssey 4 was cool, Liberation Maiden's a short yet fun time. All I can think of off the top of my head
Out of all of these SMT4 is one that I had in mind

Not sure about the rest but the only one I haven't heard of is Liberation Maiden

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't see myself playing this one tbh

Out of all of these SMT4 is one that I had in mind

Not sure about the rest but the only one I haven't heard of is Liberation Maiden
It's a neat little shooter, you can beat it in a day. Also are you lookong for DS games? I know how to put those on a 3ds though I don't know where to get the ROMs so if you know where to get them, I can give a few more reccs

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's a neat little shooter, you can beat it in a day. Also are you lookong for DS games? I know how to put those on a 3ds though I don't know where to get the ROMs so if you know where to get them, I can give a few more reccs
I've had a flashcart specifically for DS games for years and still do, recommendations are definitely welcome

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Jaiden Animations just posted a video, and she mentioned that she plans on quitting YouTube one day (not anytime soon though). She wants to be able to live a life in some random small town and not have everyone know who she is. I'm not saying this is inherently a bad thing or anything, but... I could never do the same.

Jaiden is basically living my dream life. Whenever she posts a video, she has millions of views within hours. She has a massive group of friends, and gets to do wacky and exciting things all the time. And she's... excited to throw it away? Become a background character like the rest of us?

I live in a ****ty redneck town. I have lived here for all nineteen years of my life. I am terrified of living here for the rest of my life. I have been at an unfulfilling job, where most of my coworkers hate me, for almost two years. I am terrified of working there for much longer. I have done nothing meaningful in my life. I'm terrified of not leaving a mark on this planet. But all three of these are likely to pass. I don't know what it's like to live out of Bradford, PA. I'll probably get a slightly better job, but not anything that matters. And as for changing the world? Not happening. I'm not skilled enough to do it naturally, I have zero connections for nepotism, and the luck required would be astronomical. I'm irrelevant, and I will remain irrelevant. The idea of wanting to be irrelevant is sickening to me

I'm not telling Jaiden how to live her life. I get where she's coming from, the grass is always greener on the other side. I'm just... jealous. So ****ing jealous. That's the end of this depressed 3 am peridot rant.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ok I’ve been a Danny phantom fan since I was a kid and I never hated season 3. To the point that hearing people online talk about how it was bad shocks me. I love phantom planet’s ending and most of the finale in general to the point I’m upset the manga erased it from cannon. I don’t actually know why people hate it either. I just know they do and it upsets me. I’d hate loosing Urban Jungle annd Boxed Up Fury; and I love villains like Vortex, Nightmare, and Amorpho. Heck, we loose season 3 we loose Danny’s ice powers entirely.
As someone who was obsessed with Danny Phantom as it aired (probably more than anyone else on this site), I wouldn't say I hated season 3, but it's overall the weakest part of the show and Phantom Planet feels like too much of tying things into a neat little bow. I also found the general thrust of Phantom Planet to be uninteresting, having a proper final showdown with Vlad would have been better than a plot to turn the Earth intangible. And that's not getting into the dropped plotlines, like Vlad/Fright Knight's alliance and Dark Danny, which was mostly a consequence of Steve Marmel being fired before season 3.

But I also think the show was generally starting to meander by the second half of season 2, so maybe if Marmel stayed on board it wouldn't have been much better. The show was kind of a tug-of-war between Marmel wanting it to be more serious and dramatic and Hartman wanting it to be campier and sillier.

That said I am kind of mixed on the comic erasing Phantom Planet. I agree that it would be more interesting to wrestle with the story developments of season 3 than write them out entirely.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jaiden Animations just posted a video, and she mentioned that she plans on quitting YouTube one day (not anytime soon though). She wants to be able to live a life in some random small town and not have everyone know who she is. I'm not saying this is inherently a bad thing or anything, but... I could never do the same.

Jaiden is basically living my dream life. Whenever she posts a video, she has millions of views within hours. She has a massive group of friends, and gets to do wacky and exciting things all the time. And she's... excited to throw it away? Become a background character like the rest of us?

I live in a ****ty redneck town. I have lived here for all nineteen years of my life. I am terrified of living here for the rest of my life. I have been at an unfulfilling job, where most of my coworkers hate me, for almost two years. I am terrified of working there for much longer. I have done nothing meaningful in my life. I'm terrified of not leaving a mark on this planet. But all three of these are likely to pass. I don't know what it's like to live out of Bradford, PA. I'll probably get a slightly better job, but not anything that matters. And as for changing the world? Not happening. I'm not skilled enough to do it naturally, I have zero connections for nepotism, and the luck required would be astronomical. I'm irrelevant, and I will remain irrelevant. The idea of wanting to be irrelevant is sickening to me

I'm not telling Jaiden how to live her life. I get where she's coming from, the grass is always greener on the other side. I'm just... jealous. So ****ing jealous. That's the end of this depressed 3 am peridot rant.
Well some of this just isn’t true.

Who says you can never leave your small town? Save up and move to somewhere more exciting. If that’s what you want it’s more than possible. And once you’re out there in that new environment get out and try and meet people, that’s how you make connections.

A fulfilling job is just a job that gives you a reason to want to work. It’s something you’re passionate about. And it’s tricky to find a job like this, I know, but it’s possible.

If you have good friends and family, if you’re kind to others, you’ll never be irrelevant. Not to those who matter. They’ll remember you long after you’re gone. And those are all things that wouldn’t have happened if you weren’t around, so the world has been impacted by your presence. Hasn’t it?

I’m not trying to be preachy, I understand the need to vent. I just know how a negative view of yourself and your situation can make it feel like nothing will ever change. But it can, and it most likely will. Nothing ever stays the same, and if you work for it you can get some of those things that you want.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As someone who was obsessed with Danny Phantom as it aired (probably more than anyone else on this site), I wouldn't say I hated season 3, but it's overall the weakest part of the show and Phantom Planet feels like too much of tying things into a neat little bow. I also found the general thrust of Phantom Planet to be uninteresting, having a proper final showdown with Vlad would have been better than a plot to turn the Earth intangible. And that's not getting into the dropped plotlines, like Vlad/Fright Knight's alliance and Dark Danny, which was mostly a consequence of Steve Marmel being fired before season 3.

But I also think the show was generally starting to meander by the second half of season 2, so maybe if Marmel stayed on board it wouldn't have been much better. The show was kind of a tug-of-war between Marmel wanting it to be more serious and dramatic and Hartman wanting it to be campier and sillier.

That said I am kind of mixed on the comic erasing Phantom Planet. I agree that it would be more interesting to wrestle with the story developments of season 3 than write them out entirely.
Agreed, I also feel like so much of the character writing was weaker in S3 and Phantom Planet was where it was at it’s worse. I can understand Danny struggling, but having one bad week and suddenly he decides to get rid of his powers feels like a huge dial back on his character development over the past two seasons.
But what’s worse is how his friends and family treat him after he makes the decision. Sam and Tucker already felt pretty out of character this season but how they act like assholes towards Danny in the finale as well as his sister joining them, making him feel like the selfish one for wanting a normal life, really makes you feel like they only valued him for his powers and the sense of adventure he gave them. Sam especially shows her true colors with her guilt tripping.
“Now you’re just one of the crowd again.”
“You’re just a normal kid! And a selfish one at that!”
And she says all this in the episode where they finally get together after all the “will they won’t they” BS.

Honestly the more I look back on this show the more I hate Sam’s character and wish they had Danny hook up with Valerie.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As a reminder, on July 29th, the Xbox 360 store will close.

Since there's a chance of server issues on the final weekend, I recommend making final purchases now. Also keep in mind that if a title is available via backwards compatibility and can be bought on the modern store (for example: 'Splosion Man) it will remain available on the modern store and continue to be available post store shutdown. You can even access it through the 360's Download History if bought on the modern store.

In addition, the following titles by SKA Studios are now selling for 99 cents (in the U.S. at least):
-Charlie Murder
-Dishwasher 1 (once the store shuts down, this game will become unavailable through legal means)
-Dishwasher 2

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Does that game has copyrighted music? or guest characters? Why the legal issues then?
It just never got ported for some reason. It was made with Microsoft XNA, a framework for developing Xbox 360 and Windows games from back in the day and was used for the Xbox Live Indie Games program.

With one exception (Islands of Wakfu), none of the games were made playable on newer Xbox hardware through backwards compatibility, although most of the titles were ported over to other platforms. Dishwasher 1 is one of three XNA games still available that will become lost media after July 29 (the others are Schizoid and Yo-Ho Kablammo).

Unrelated to the above: Michael Bay will be developing a "Skibidi Toilet" Movie and TV series

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Mike, please think before you type.

Do not assume nostalgia is blinding me from seeing the flaws of both films (uneven pacing for Twister and weak villains for Twisters as examples).
Twister was a simple movie about storm chasers trying to get data from tornadoes so they saves lives.
The simple plot allowed the actors to shine (particularly Phillip Seymor Hoffman and Bill Paxton [may both of them rest in peace]) and showcased the special effects which still hold up as they supplemented the CGI with practical effects. That scene at the drive-in theater still freaks me out. Twisters (which isn't a sequel, remake, nor reboot) I believe has better character writing (aside from the "villains") and the special effects are really good while being supplemented with practical effects.
Haven't seen the movie but I thought the "villains" would just be the Tornadoes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
One random person with a Youtube channel: -Doesn't like something-

Also that random person with a Youtube channel: -Decides to make a long ass essay video on why that thing is apparently bad-

If only there were more videos like the lower one in this image counter-arguing this oversaturated junk.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One of these days I need to toy around with the 3DS flash cart that I recently purchased to see how it works.

At least it has many games already preloaded onto it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, there are a lot of things to say about mainstream gaming homogeneity and the desire for every studio ti have their own whaling vessel in the form of an always online game of some kind (typically a multiplayer shooter but not always) and how that’s effecting the general gaming landscape in terms of both what’s being released and the discussions/culture surrounding gaming.
IMG_1255.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, there are a lot of things to say about mainstream gaming homogeneity and the desire for every studio ti have their own whaling vessel in the form of an always online game of some kind (typically a multiplayer shooter but not always) and how that’s effecting the general gaming landscape in terms of both what’s being released and the discussions/culture surrounding gaming. View attachment 392790
I can never look at this picture without thinking of Oneyplays.

“The Republicans…”

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, there are a lot of things to say about mainstream gaming homogeneity and the desire for every studio ti have their own whaling vessel in the form of an always online game of some kind (typically a multiplayer shooter but not always) and how that’s effecting the general gaming landscape in terms of both what’s being released and the discussions/culture surrounding gaming. View attachment 392790
They're chasing trends cause that's where the money is at. The industry has always been like that, 90s was all about mascot platformers, 00s was all about edgy shooters, and 2010s was about big world action adventures/RPGs. So yeah, everyone wants a slice of that love action shooter pie because that sells.

The solution is to play other games

Top Bottom