• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dang it's worse than I thought. I'm sorry old lady.

Drink water, rest up, and read a wholesome story next time
Yeah, i just filled my 32 oz thermos full of water, chugging that ****.

But it also doesnt help i used that Heated straightening brush on my hair and as expected it's not even enough length to do anything with so I'm pretty demotivated by that.

Having the hair i have is so unfair sometimes. Makes me feel so horribly ugly. Rip

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The type I was thinking was Poison/Electric. It gives it an advantage over both Xerneas and Yveltal, but it gets wrecked by Zygarde.

There’s no real lore reason for it to be those types though :drshrug:
So what you're saying is....Toxtricitiy is gonna be your main

Boom Burst
Overdrive
Sludge Wave
Shift Gear

Sounds like he will be S tier in that game if that's the case

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There really should be another Sonic racing game where it’s just the characters running.
I still want all stars racing 3. One of my favorite kart racers. The Wii U one was actually really well made and a blast to play. Hope they continue the series in the future. Especially now that Sega is reviving old ips.

[*erdrick.]

Smash Rookie
I do wonder if it'll be possible to have the NES soundtrack and SNES soundtrack for DQ3 remake. I like it when games give you the option to play the ogs.

At the least it'll be funny on the principle that Sugiyama is gone so SE just gives everyone all the music options.
I'm honestly somewhat shocked that they gave some of the short jingles an orchestral version and made the Night Town theme a MIDI. I mean, the Night Town theme was also a MIDI in XI S, but still.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Nostalgia is one helluva drug.
Mike, please think before you type.

Do not assume nostalgia is blinding me from seeing the flaws of both films (uneven pacing for Twister and weak villains for Twisters as examples).
Twister was a simple movie about storm chasers trying to get data from tornadoes so they saves lives.
The simple plot allowed the actors to shine (particularly Phillip Seymor Hoffman and Bill Paxton [may both of them rest in peace]) and showcased the special effects which still hold up as they supplemented the CGI with practical effects. That scene at the drive-in theater still freaks me out. Twisters (which isn't a sequel, remake, nor reboot) I believe has better character writing (aside from the "villains") and the special effects are really good while being supplemented with practical effects.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also what's interesting is that we haven't seen Timmy yet in the reboot. The lookalike is apparently not him, so which ending of his is the canon ending? Well he lost Cosmo and Wanda given that they parent Hazel now, so the movies are no longer canon at the least.

Hello and welcome to film theory where we...

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also what's interesting is that we haven't seen Timmy yet in the reboot. The lookalike is apparently not him, so which ending of his is the canon ending? Well he lost Cosmo and Wanda given that they parent Hazel now, so the movies are no longer canon at the least.

Timmy has had so many different finales (optional ones included) he could merely have his own multiverse that affects the Hazel era

Noipoi

Howdy!

My soul needs the Channel Chasers ending to be canon

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah.

And also if he actually married Tootie.

Yeah I was a TimmyxTootie dude as a kid, never really liked Trixie like that.
Crazy how the gave Trixie that one episode where Trixie is actually a huge nerd and acts pretty and vain for popularity; only to completely throw that out the window and make her a total psychopath.

Could have had an actually arc/ending where she learns to be true to her self from Timmy. Teaching kids that others thoughts shouldn’t matter. But butch said “**** it” lets ruin more characters.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Crazy how the gave Tricia that one episode where Trixie is actually a huge nerd and acts pretty and vain for popularity; only to completely throw that out the window and make her a total psychopath.

Could have had an actually arc/ending where she learns to be true to her self from Timmy. Teaching kids that others thoughts shouldn’t matter. But butch said “**** it” lets ruin more characters.
I didn't think about it much as a kid, and it probably helps that only a handful of cartoons had serialized overarching stories at the time that FoP was still new, but the show actually did have better continuity and for the most part, smarter writing in it's very first season. Better characterization for most characters, too, along with how the characterization in the show's original Oh Yeah! Cartoons shorts as well.

Had they kept going with what they had established and the writing quality remained the same throughout the show's entire run, the show might've been even more iconic and successful than it is today...Or, well, at least not have turned into the bizarre zombie of a show that it eventually did.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didn't think about it much as a kid, and it probably helps that only a handful of cartoons had serialized overarching stories at the time that FoP was still new, but the show actually did have better continuity and for the most part, smarter writing in it's very first season. Better characterization for most characters, too, along with how the characterization in the show's original Oh Yeah! Cartoons shorts as well.

Had they kept going with what they had established and the writing quality remained the same throughout the show's entire run, the show might've been even more iconic and successful than it is today...Or, well, at least not have turned into the bizarre zombie of a show that it eventually did.
The early seasons even, all had really strong character right. Then they just threw it out the window and by the end of the show, forgot about most of the supporting cast and left them behind. Chester and AJ just straight up disappear.

At least the reboot writers seem to have solid writing and arcs set up for the characters, while also having fun incorporating the original shows characters. If this keeps up, it could hold that legacy the show should have had, much higher.

Shame that the same butchering also happened with Danny phantom. They need to reboot that and scrap season 3 from canon. Hell the book they put out did it, so a reboot should too. There’s still so much untapped potential there.

Also ignore butch trying to say the ghosts weren’t real people when the show literally contradicted itself.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
The early seasons even, all had really strong character right. Then they just threw it out the window and by the end of the show, forgot about most of the supporting cast and left them behind. Chester and AJ just straight up disappear.

At least the reboot writers seem to have solid writing and arcs set up for the characters, while also having fun incorporating the original shows characters. If this keeps up, it could hold that legacy the show should have had, much higher.

Shame that the same butchering also happened with Danny phantom. They need to reboot that and scrap season 3 from canon. Hell the book they put out did it, so a reboot should too. There’s still so much untapped potential there.

Also ignore butch trying to say the ghosts weren’t real people when the show literally contradicted itself.
Ok I’ve been a Danny phantom fan since I was a kid and I never hated season 3. To the point that hearing people online talk about how it was bad shocks me. I love phantom planet’s ending and most of the finale in general to the point I’m upset the manga erased it from cannon. I don’t actually know why people hate it either. I just know they do and it upsets me. I’d hate loosing Urban Jungle annd Boxed Up Fury; and I love villains like Vortex, Nightmare, and Amorpho. Heck, we loose season 3 we loose Danny’s ice powers entirely.

Maybe I should make a video essay praising Season 3… would you guys watch video essays from me?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok I’ve been a Danny phantom fan since I was a kid and I never hated season 3. To the point that hearing people online talk about how it was bad shocks me. I love phantom planet’s ending and most of the finale in general to the point I’m upset the manga erased it from cannon. I don’t actually know why people hate it either. I just know they do and it upsets me. I’d hate loosing Urban Jungle annd Boxed Up Fury; and I love villains like Vortex, Nightmare, and Amorpho. Heck, we loose season 3 we loose Danny’s ice powers entirely.

Maybe I should make a video essay praising Seadon 3… would you guys watch video essays from me?
I don’t personally hate season 3, in fact both specials you mentioned are good.

But it tries to undermine a lot of the show which sucks.

Also you could still do those later villains/stories/powers but do more with them in a reboot. You don’t have to completely erase them..

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I don’t personally hate season 3, in fact both specials you mentioned are good.

But it tries to undermine a lot of the show which sucks.

Also you could still do those later villains/stories/powers but do more with them in a reboot. You don’t have to completely erase them..
I guess I also just don’t understand the massive desire to erase things from cannon people don’t like and start over. I’d rather acknowledge it and move on while correcting the flaws but still having what happened in those stories be a part of the projects history. The only time I feel like something got away with that was Crash 4 and even then it still acknowledges so much from the post-Naughty Dog games that they barely feel erased. Also crash games aren’t as heavily story centric as a TV Show or movie series inherently are.

I mean you don’t have to but I’d like it if people actually did watch videos I hypothetically made.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My friend is helping me hack my 3DS. Gimme some recommendations for games I can only play on that system.

Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Ultra Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Planet Robobot
Metroid: Samus Returns
Star Fox 64 3D
Fire Emblem Awakeninng
Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Smash 3DS
Dragon Quest 8
All of the Ace Attorney games except for the Layton Crossover
I think that's all of them

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Maybe I should make a video essay praising Season 3… would you guys watch video essays from me?
I would.

Heck, if I had video editing software worth a dang, I'd make video essays too. Usually on music, but occasionally I'd throw a game video in there. Most likely one on Sonic Lost World given how much heat I see that game taking.

Top Bottom