• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fighting game villain stay dead for a whole game + DLC cycle challenge

(Impossible)
I mean. Technically speaking, Justice hasn't been playable since XX despite being in Xrd before all that stuff happened. Guilty Gear the GOAT

Also jesus christ I forgot how good Pakistan's Tekken players are, those 9 rounds ended in like 5 minutes tops

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
I updated/edited my DC vs. Marvel roster. What do you guys think of the changes?
DC
Marvel
SupermanIron Man
BatmanThe Hulk
Wonder WomanThor
The FlashCaptain America
Green LanternSpider-Man
AquamanWolverine
Green ArrowStorm
ShazamHuman Torch
StarfireRocket Raccoon
Beast BoyCaptain Marvel
Booster GoldBlack Panther
Lex LuthorThe Mandarin
The JokerVapor
CheetahLoki
Gorilla GroddMODOK
SinestroDr. Octopus
Black MantaMagneto
DeathstrokeDeadpool
TerraDr. Doom
SportsmasterNebula
DarkseidUltron
EclipsoThanos
DLC
Martian ManhunterDaredevil
StaticDr. Strange
ZatannaNightcrawler
FirestormMs. Marvel
Plastic ManGhost Rider
Harley QuinnVenom
LoboDark Phoenix
Killer FrostElektra
Music MeisterGraviton
Gentleman GhostBlackheart

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
I updated/edited my DC vs. Marvel roster. What do you guys think of the changes?
DC
Marvel
SupermanIron Man
BatmanThe Hulk
Wonder WomanThor
The FlashCaptain America
Green LanternSpider-Man
AquamanWolverine
Green ArrowStorm
ShazamHuman Torch
StarfireRocket Raccoon
Beast BoyCaptain Marvel
Booster GoldBlack Panther
Lex LuthorThe Mandarin
The JokerVapor
CheetahLoki
Gorilla GroddMODOK
SinestroDr. Octopus
Black MantaMagneto
DeathstrokeDeadpool
TerraDr. Doom
SportsmasterNebula
DarkseidUltron
EclipsoThanos
DLC
Martian ManhunterDaredevil
StaticDr. Strange
ZatannaNightcrawler
FirestormMs. Marvel
Plastic ManGhost Rider
Harley QuinnVenom
LoboDark Phoenix
Killer FrostElektra
Music MeisterGraviton
Gentleman GhostBlackheart
I'm not gonna be constructive, it's 4am and I've been up for 14 hours with most of my attention span being at Evo cause what the **** was that Tekken. I need to have time and the mental state for fighting games

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I will say, just because Heihachi is in the game doesn't mean he's still alive. Jun Kazama is in this installment and from what I understand of the story, she's still dead for it's entire length. Same with Kazumi Mishima in the last game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I will say, just because Heihachi is in the game doesn't mean he's still alive. Jun Kazama is in this installment and from what I understand of the story, she's still dead for it's entire length. Same with Kazumi Mishima in the last game.
Nah the story stuff in the trailer makes it clear Heihachi is alive

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So there's an Iron Lung-inspired game out now that takes place directly in the vacuum of outer space. It's called Voyager-19 (any connection to the real life Voyager probes isn't really established beyond sharing the name) and it's actually surprisingly good.

So on that note...how long until we get the Voyager-19 movie? :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Rewatching Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated and every time Fred talks about how he’s obsessed with traps… well… my brain thinks of a different kind of trap that makes this running gag into an innuendo they did not intend.

Shroob

Sup?
A part of me wonders how long the discussion and legal stuff for Lucy was.

It's not like Edgerunners is 'new' anymore, nor is it getting a 2nd season(Kinda can't... everyone except Lucy is ****ing dead).

And you can't convince me that Rebecca wouldn't have been a billion times more fitting in Guilty Gear than Lucy. Don't hate Lucy at ALL but Rebecca feels like she'd fit the setting better IMO.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Having to explain to my older brother how politics work after the news today, I wonder how tuned in the average voter is to all of this lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Rewatching Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated and every time Fred talks about how he’s obsessed with traps… well… my brain thinks of a different kind of trap that makes this running gag into an innuendo they did not intend.
I'd post a YouTube video that's based around that but some of it might be infraction worthy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wanna say I don't care for Tekken but I'm black and I know how that game moves with my people.

Only a matter of time before I get invested.
You gonna wake up one morning with a controller in your hand and you'll be playing tekken 8 in your sleep

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jun's initial trailers implied she was still alive too. And then in the story it's just her spirit talking to Jin or something.
My sister in Christ she literally stands next to Kazuya at the end of the story. She’s alive. Her extra cutscene you need to buy after the story mode even says she was in spirit hibernation since Tekken 3.

Heihachi is also alive.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just have 5 more squares to make and then I'll be finished with my Pokémon Legends: Z-A bingo card!

I hope to finish it by the end of the month as I've done a ridiculous amount of procrastinating on it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I should get back to finishing Mario RPG. I been putting it off for a while, and it's not like I don't like the game. It's a good game but just not one that I'd binge play.

I wanna say the TTYD remake is next but I got so many other games on my backlog, maybe I should consult the wheel.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, Heihachi has returned for Tekken 8. With a new voice as to pass the torch to keep the Mishima family legacy.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Kris Tyson situation is ****ing terrible.

Not only is it going to hurt Mr’s beasts image, it’s going to be way worse for the trans community.

Honestly kind of surprised by this one and extremely disappointed/disgusted.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Had another idea for a cryptid movie.

This is an idea I had for a long time that started off as a Lost Tapes episode idea but the more I honestly thought about it, I think it would work more for a potential movie, one that's a heartwarming tale of a Canadian traveler who makes the most unexpected friend that leads to him having to try and protect her.

Anyways the plot. A young Canadian traveler hiking in the mountains of Caucasus discovers a very young and strange girl who seems completely lost, scared, wounded, and hairy, he at first mistakes her for a feral human girl that is lost, only to eventually find out she's not human but in fact an Almas, a legendary cryptid known by populace in these parts. Slowly but overtime he gains her trust and finds she's being hunted down by a group of corrupt Russian soldiers who want her for some reason, it eventually being found out her kind are in fact the closest living relatives to humans, more so than chimpanzees that hybridization is possible. They're trying to capture her and more of her species in an attempt to interbreed/create making human/almas hybrids for potential supersoldiers.

Finding out she was separated from her tribe and some of them had been captured, the two would go on to trying to free them while trying to avoid the Russian soldiers.

The movie ends with her tribe showing up and though hunting and combat methods of the young Almas girls family members are primitive, they prove to be truly effective as they kill the Russian soldiers.

The Almas girls tribe are intelligent enough to distinguish who are bad people and good people and seeing the young Canadian traveler having been keeping her safe and protected spares his life acknowleding their thanks to him as he bids the young Almas girl goodbye as she reunites with her tribe and telling he'll never forget her as they part back to the mountains in peace.

The movie ends with the young Canadian travel narrating to himself he made the most unexpected friend and an experience he'll never forget and also deciding to delete all of his footage knowing how human nature is that anything we discover or don't seem to understand we proceed to destroy and by doing by keeping this to himself and their existence a secret, he's protecting them.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Multiversus developer Player First Games has been acquired by Warner Bros.

Not surprised at this to be honest, especially since Multiversus is PFGs only game right now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That Kris Tyson situation is ****ing terrible.

Not only is it going to hurt Mr’s beasts image, it’s going to be way worse for the trans community.

Honestly kind of surprised by this one and extremely disappointed/disgusted.
It's a shame how things rolled out but yeah people are just gonna use this as an excuse to get even more transphobic then they already are. I hope the kid get peace but lets be real a lot of the grifters won't focus on the kid who was hurt. Musk's Nazi platform is already going bonkers and Youtube will get unbearable real soon which is not good at all for Mr. Beasts's young, impressionable audience, so I hope the trans fans of his can get through this without getting harassed and stuff.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiversus developer Player First Games has been acquired by Warner Bros.

Not surprised at this to be honest, especially since Multiversus is PFGs only game right now.
I saw people saying it’s over for the game because they going to monetize the hell out of the game.

But WB already controls the monetization, so I don’t think this acquisition is going to make much change in the long run for the game.

Top Bottom