• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
As we all know by this point the final fest influences the theme of the next Splatoon game. So I wonder…

If past wins will it be a prequel game, perhaps taking place during the Great Turf War?

If future wins will it take place years ahead of the current timeline, with aged up versions of the characters we have now?

If present wins will everything stay the same and the next game is a standard sequel?

Considering the next console is fast approaching maybe we won’t have long to wait :dkmelee:
The final splatfest but next balance patch being at the end of this season and start of the next one makes it pretty clear splatoon 3 is at its EOL and while I wouldn't bet on splatoon 4 as a launch title, I could see it in the latter half of next year

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Off the Hook is telling Present though, so a lot of people will pick it based on that alone.

I don’t think it’ll win though, rn I think Future’s gonna take the W.
If the winnwr is gonna say how splatoon 4 is, Id rather future or past win ngl

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Seeing people say David Wise is going through his Sugiyama arc with how ass the music in the trailer was, goddamn, I can't imagine a crueler fate for a musician lmao. I'm gonna wonder if there's a pattern if Michiru Yamane gets the same problem

I refuse to believe your expectations were "What if Cold Hard Crash was an entire game and we had like 300 boxes per stage"
Actually yes. Or at least I ended up majorly enjoying that when I got it. Maybe it’s my autism but I have every hidden box placement memorized by now and crash 4 is the first hard game I actually enjoyed playing. The platforming is just so well designed and fun.

Of course I never bothered with the no death or time trial relics. I know my limits and what I think is fun so I just… never did them. But I’ve gotten every gem, flashback tape, and costume in that game multiple times and had a tonne of fun doing it. I will admit the inverted levels are a bit tedious but hey, when your platforming is this fun, snappy, and kinetic I’ll replay the stages over and over again anyway. Not to mention, no lives! No fail state. No game over. Just endlessly retrying until you get good enough to get that 3 death gem. It’s great! Unless you play with lives turned on but idk who would do that CADDY.

Plus no needless vehicles or gimmick stages like in 3. Yeah there are jet board and animal segments but they’re not even for the entire stage for the levels they’re in. Yeah the hitbox on the animals was way to small at launch but by the time they released the switch port they made it way bigger and now those two levels are piss easy. And there’s no underwater levels, no bike riding levels, no plane flying levels, no Jetpack levels, no jet ski levels. There’s a ball rolling segment in one level but it’s nothing like the Atlasphere levels in WoC and honestly didn’t need to be there really, the segment would be the same if you were on foot barring like two ramps.

Would I mind if the game was easier?… I mean yeah get rid of those no death relics and make the time trials… idk just give them the crash dash or something I don’t care. I hate the relics in 3 so I’m always gonna ignore them. I got all golds in 3 once just so I could have the completed save file and I hated the experience. It was miserable. So I don’t really know how to make them fun since I don’t like them to begin with. And yeah, just end the levels for Cortex, Tawna, and Dingodile at the moment they interact with crash’s story. That’s needless bloat. I personally don’t mind it but I can see why other people have a problem with it and wouldn’t mind the change.

This is a long way of saying that I really like Crash 4 and in some ways feel like it’s a crash game catered to me specifically. Also that minigames and vehicle levels blow.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know nothing will happen to the dog that portrays it, right? It's a fictional animal.
I know that. I'm talking about movies themselves where dogs die. Hence avoiding films like the first John Wick or Mad Max and such.
Yeah but

I don’t wanna see a dog die in a movie either :drshrug:
I think he mean the character, he hope the character Dogpool isnt killed off because you know hollywood likes to kill off dog characters
This. That's what I mean.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They could still live due to having the same powers as Deadpool.

In the comics, Dogpool seemingly has the same powers as Deadpool, being able to regenerate quickly.
Dogpool is currently dead in the comics.

But Marvel and DC being Marvel and DC, unless you're not Uncle Ben. Death is only a temporary stasis.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Playing Persona 4 and I had the foresight to go back to the entrance of a dungeon while I was in the middle of it to save because I had a feeling my game will crash.

Sure enough, it just crashed and instead of losing four hours of progress I only lost 30 minutes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That final trailer for Deadpool was really well put together. Loved the tone of it and how it still manages to not spoil too much of the film minus one new cameo.

Should be really good when it releases. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dogpool is currently dead in the comics.

But Marvel and DC being Marvel and DC, unless you're not Uncle Ben. Death is only a temporary stasis.
tbf there are Uncle Ben’s that are still alive and well (one of which being the only one in his universe before moving to the MC2 universe/Earth-982….and the one currently in the new Ultimate Universe with May being dead and he’s besties with Jonah)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Playing Persona 4 and I had the foresight to go back to the entrance of a dungeon while I was in the middle of it to save because I had a feeling my game will crash.

Sure enough, it just crashed and instead of losing four hours of progress I only lost 30 minutes
Congrats, you're one of the 5 ATLUS fans who knows how to manually save.

They should make a Scooby doo Telletale game.
It fits the Telltale style of games because the plot always stays the same regardless of your choices.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Congrats, you're one of the 5 ATLUS fans who knows how to manually save.
My PC is peepee, I need to upgrade but for now I'll deal with a worse frame rate and occasional crashes for P4 since it doesn't affect the experience too much

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So apparently while I was asleep my city got hit with a bomb from the Houthis. Not in my specific area which is why I didn't hear it and also not in the hospital, but someone did die.

I genuinely can't believe this war is still going on, It's impossible to live like this
Is there any chance you can get out of there on the chance that things get worse or that the city will be evacuated?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So apparently while I was asleep my city got hit with a bomb from the Houthis. Not in my specific area which is why I didn't hear it and also not in the hospital, but someone did die.

I genuinely can't believe this war is still going on, It's impossible to live like this
****. Stay safe my man. Wishing you, your family and friends the best.

If possible, I'd honestly leave.
They should make a Scooby doo Telletale game.
Bro imagine a Hellboy Telltale game? That would be so fitting.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It fits the Telltale style of games because the plot always stays the same regardless of your choices.
well…besides the Batman: The Enemy Within (but that’s like…possibly literally the only game where a choice changed an entire episode)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We have a new look at that Multiversus comic, giving us some pretty cool artwork:

No idea if these comics mean much for character confirmations( seems they may not really matter), but the second picture is a great cover design.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We have a new look at that Multiversus comic, giving us some pretty cool artwork:

No idea if these comics mean much for character confirmations( seems they may not really matter), but the second picture is a great cover design.
iirc, one of the writers a while ago stated that they had to write out one of the planned characters because they weren't going to be included in the game just yet.

So, I think Scooby Doo and Wicked Witch will be probably revealed/released around the time of this comic's publishing.

Reactions: Z25

cashregister9

Smash Hero
All physical versions of Sonic x Shadow generations will have the Japanese box art as a reversible cover

They just had to make the spine different!?!? so now it will look ugly next to any of your other games. Why must this be???

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Is there any chance you can get out of there on the chance that things get worse or that the city will be evacuated?
****. Stay safe my man. Wishing you, your family and friends the best.

If possible, I'd honestly leave.
I appreciate the concern but apparently this was preventable (IDF and the government showing their incompetence yet again) and there isn't exactly anywhere that's safer in my country, so I'm staying.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I appreciate the concern but apparently this was preventable (IDF and the government showing their incompetence yet again) and there isn't exactly anywhere that's safer in my country, so I'm staying.
Then stay as safe as you can. Make sure you can avoid any dangers from the incompetence of the government that could possibly affect you.

Still, I worry for you, Jondolio.

Top Bottom