• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It's free to play game, and theire are perks if you pay. If you put money into their system, you can get early access to their other games in development. The ones in dev right now are Banjo and Crash spiritual successors, but that only happens if you put a lot of money in the game (and they're rare pulls too). So like keep spending if you wanna see them.
wait what? you have to get a game from a lootbox?

Shroob

Sup?
I have never heard a character alone being called a spiritual successor. Only entire games. So it confused me.
Hoyoverse is a series of gacha games put out under one company

They're usually 'the big ones' that aren't Fate/Grand Order like Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail and now Zenless Zero

Shroob

Sup?
Being evil is fun sometimes

I'd argue Genshin is bigger than Fate nowadays
In the west 100% for sure.

In Japan it comes and goes.

As someone who does like the Fate IP, I keep my thumb on the sales figures for funsies and, basically whenever they release a new character, the game shoots to 1#, but they take long, long breaks nowadays, and Genshin surpasses it during downtime.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Hoyoverse is a series of gacha games put out under one company

They're usually 'the big ones' that aren't Fate/Grand Order like Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail and now Zenless Zero
I still don't understand what is meant by a "Crash and Banjo Spiritual Successor" and I can't find anything about it when I google "Hoyoverse". I don't know if I'm being punked or if people are meming and I don't understand or if I just don't understand the lingo and that's causing confusion.

Shroob

Sup?
I still don't understand what is meant by a "Crash and Banjo Spiritual Successor" and I can't find anything about it when I google "Hoyoverse". I don't know if I'm being punked or if people are meming and I don't understand or if I just don't understand the lingo and that's causing confusion.
Snake.... You've been punk'd.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The company was very devoted to stopping the crossover from leaking, so much so that they scraped all information about it from the internet.

It’s real though. You’ll just have to buy the game and pay to see it :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I am a Hoyoverse employee trying to get you to download the game and become a gacha whale (and yes, that's what they're called)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing- okay maybe I want to drop a nuke on a furry convention- but other then that, I have nothing against furries.

It's the fact that my chance to be Shroob's BF just got shot down. This is literally the worst day ever. :sadsheep:
Shroob Shroob nooooo YOU HEARTBREAKER

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Only reason I even know what a Genshin is is because of back in the day when people compared it to Breath of the Wild.
tbh same. Then I forgot about it.

And then I was reminded of it again years ago when a certain user brought up Mona because he was thirsting for her despite him not playing the game himself (I wonder who).

Irdc about it now, I do not like Gacha games nor games with excessive microtransations. I just get reminded when they have an "oh yeah, I hate minorities" moment.

Shroob

Sup?
tbh same. Then I forgot about it.

And then I was reminded of it again years ago when a certain user brought up Mona because he was thirsting for her despite him not playing the game himself (I wonder who).

Irdc about it now, I do not like Gacha games nor games with excessive microtransations. I just get reminded when they have an "oh yeah, I hate minorities" moment.
Oh, like, right now with the region based on Africa filled with white people?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. And then they had character based off an African God and made him pale as ****.

But then again a lot of Genshin Fans are highkey racist so maybe they know their audience.
Just saying but

SMT isn't afraid of letting their African gods be black

I think we all know the true superior game here.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This is good timing because I rewatched Weird The Al Yankovic story earlier this week.

Interesting to see what else I can bring into existence.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I quit my new job for another one. I quickly realized the position was not for me, and by pure luck one of the other places I tried decided to call me up that very day. We’ll see how it goes but it’s looking good so far.

I think it was the best move for me and what I need right now, I wouldn’t be happy there long term, but I do feel a little bad. Apparently new hires quit often and they’re getting kinda tired of it.

Oh well, I’m not gonna stress too much about a retail gig.
To be fair that sounds like management is bad at their jobs if they can’t keep new hires around.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I quit my new job for another one. I quickly realized the position was not for me, and by pure luck one of the other places I tried decided to call me up that very day. We’ll see how it goes but it’s looking good so far.

I think it was the best move for me and what I need right now, I wouldn’t be happy there long term, but I do feel a little bad. Apparently new hires quit often and they’re getting kinda tired of it.

Oh well, I’m not gonna stress too much about a retail gig.
If a lot of new hires quit it just means the job really sucks and you probably made the right decision to leave.

I say this as an employee working in a position that never manages to keep new hires.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So I am way late on this but I wanna say Genshin is Chinese, and judging by the sales, it's massive over there. And you know, China's got a pretty big population.

idk I am tired and bored
Yeah, I'm not privy to China's sales, I'm moreso talking about Japan and the western market since that's moreso my area of expertise(And easily accessible by basic searching lol). FGO's not the absolute de-facto king anymore, but whenever it does anything, it takes back its crown.

Though I feel like even Genshin's starting to L+ratio in recent days. No one king rules forever.

Top Bottom