• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
With the existence of skins that change the voice acting as well… why not both.

Also what are your nitpicks?
I think the Marvel side can use a bit more newer characters - and the selection of female characters is a bit limited compared to DC. But again, these are just small stuff that personally bother me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly this roster is really cool, I'm quite surprised they chose Razor over Pitou but I'd be lying if I said I'm disatisfied. Guess that enby cat's gonna be one of the first DLC characters lmao
I'm more surpsised Illumi isn't there and Killua's the only Zoldyck.

Anyways, catch me with Bisky, Kurapika, and...

Idk actually

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I think the Marvel side can use a bit more newer characters - and the selection of female characters is a bit limited compared to DC. But again, these are just small stuff that personally bother me.
That's fair I guess. What modern characters would you recommend?

Also I just noticed I don't have DEADPOOL.
I don't think that works, Johnny has a bike and Robbie has a car, that's a pretty significant change to make in terms of animations and an entire model
I figured it would be like Marvel vs. Capcom where they fight without their vehicles (except for a super move).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I figured it would be like Marvel vs. Capcom where they fight without their vehicles (except for a super move).
I only really saw Robbie in Gwenpool but that super still makes it awkward cause you can pop a wheelie, plus I think the car talks

osby

Smash Obsessed
Real talk, raisin oatmeal cookies are great and people need to stop being haters, they only taste bad when you expect them to be something else when you take a bite
Agreed

(they are not oatmeal cookies though)

Ms Marvel and Miles Morales feel like obvious picks. Gwenpool, Hulkling, or America Chavez would also be fun additions.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I only really saw Robbie in Gwenpool but that super still makes it awkward cause you can pop a wheelie, plus I think the car talks
I checked and realized I was confusing him with Danny Ketch (who did use the motorcycle). And honestly I think Johnny Blaze is the best one to go with if you can't make them skins of each other. The iconic image of Ghost Rider is him on the morotbike.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not only the car talks, he's also a huge asshole.

I dont

But im stealing those cookies now that you told me what they are. Ill be over in..
checks google
15 hours
You gotta travel faster if you don't want my dad to eat them all before you arrive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I checked and realized I was confusing him with Danny Ketch (who did use the motorcycle). And honestly I think Johnny Blaze is the best one to go with if you can't make them skins of each other. The iconic image of Ghost Rider is him on the morotbike.
I completely forgot Danny exists so my bad

Also I've been reading Booster Gold today and I think you should have Booster Gold as like. A Johnny Cage type character, constantly showing off for the camera while Skeets does some stuff for like assist specials

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Agreed

(they are not oatmeal cookies though)

Ms Marvel and Miles Morales feel like obvious picks. Gwenpool, Hulkling, or America Chavez would also be fun additions.
Ok you're gonna hate me for this but the reason I didn't do any of them is the same reason I didn't do Robin or Nightwing or Batgirl or Supergirl. Like... they overlap too much (maybe not moveset wise but theming wise) with characters that are already on the roster. I almost left out Harley Quinn for the same reason but then I remembered that DC is never gonna leave her out of anything again because she got so popular when she turned into Clown-Deadpool-w/Boobs. America Chavez doesn't really break that role though... and Ms. Marvel might be an ok Harley-esque exception... I'll think about them...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I need some suggestiojs. On rabbit characters, is an OC cuter with short or long ears? Lop eared or standing?
I feel like lop-eared rabbits look like dogs when stylized. So... standing, short ears.

Are all dads the same because, before my dad started his diet, he would kill cookies the second they cooled down
Ps:make more cookies for me and Ill pay you in.... idfk.... a picture of a rabbit
If I knew I could receive payment in the form of rabbit pictures, I'd start baking earlier.

Ok you're gonna hate me for this but the reason I didn't do any of them is the same reason I didn't do Robin or Nightwing or Batgirl or Supergirl. Like... they overlap too much (maybe not moveset wise but theming wise) with characters that are already on the roster. I almost left out Harley Quinn for the same reason but then I remembered that DC is never gonna leave her out of anything again because she got so popular when she turned into Clown-Deadpool-w/Boobs. America Chavez doesn't really break that role though... and Ms. Marvel might be an ok Harley-esque exception... I'll think about them...
Yeah, that's fair. Than you can always add, idk, Luna Snow?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I completely forgot Danny exists so my bad

Also I've been reading Booster Gold today and I think you should have Booster Gold as like. A Johnny Cage type character, constantly showing off for the camera while Skeets does some stuff for like assist specials
Beleive me, Booster is on my list of fighters I would LOVE to do, but for this project I gave myself a hard limit to avoid my habbit of making 80-100 character rosters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What the hell is the titanic going to do? It couldn’t even stop an iceberg:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What the hl is the e titanic going to do? It couldn’t even stop an iceberg:
I'm imagining two possible outcomes, people acting like the Titanic was the Yamato battleship that would have totally been the best ship ever if it didn't get destroyed or the Titanic activating battle mode like a Transformer

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice officially join Multiversus season 2.

Ranked mode will also go live and let you earn exclusive skins for Jack.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The first game announcement at EVO (that I know of) is a re-release of SvC Chaos. (the trailer says "available now", but the one at EVO said it was available on July 22nd, so in two days)

I haven't played this game before, but it looks like they've added some new features (like playable bosses), and hopefully this is a good sign for Capcom vs. SNK 3 becoming a reality!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
they've added some new features (like playable bosses)
You could already unlock them on the previous console versions.

I feel like if they really wanted for this to lead to CVS3 they would've ported 2 instead.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I don't mind. I think the design they went with works.
I am not personally the biggest fan, the model looks a bit off, but it is a bit of a nitpick and is probably the best you could do in terms of a model based solely on the movie.

If I was in charge I probably would have either gone full animated version or do an amalgamation combining Keaton's Design, the Animated Design and The design from the musical

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Samurai Jack in MultiVersus seems much more fleshed out than his Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion incarnation.

But I'm still waiting for a more affordable way to acquire the full MultiVersus roster.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Samurai Jack in MultiVersus seems much more fleshed out than his Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion incarnation.

But I'm still waiting for a more affordable way to acquire the full MultiVersus roster.
If you have the battle pass, then you can grind currency easily enough. Same with the rifts. After tier 70, every level you can get a free crate that gives either gleaminum, fighter currency or whatever the other currency is lol.

The store also gives daily amounts for free. Combining that with gameplay and at a steady pace, you can earn good amounts of fighter currency each season. I earned about 20k this season from doing dailies and each rift one time.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

The first game announcement at EVO (that I know of) is a re-release of SvC Chaos. (the trailer says "available now", but the one at EVO said it was available on July 22nd, so in two days)

I haven't played this game before, but it looks like they've added some new features (like playable bosses), and hopefully this is a good sign for Capcom vs. SNK 3 becoming a reality!
Awesome. I know people are looking more for CvS2, but the roster of this game has always been more appealing to me as someone who has not played a non-handheld game in the series yet. It's not just KoF/Street Fighter and maybe 1 or 2 Darkstalkers/SamSho characters.

I'd be really curious to see how Zero, Firebrand, and Athena play compared to their MvC counterparts and the descendant of the latter.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you have the battle pass, then you can grind currency easily enough. Same with the rifts. After tier 70, every level you can get a free crate that gives either gleaminum, fighter currency or whatever the other currency is lol.

The store also gives daily amounts for free. Combining that with gameplay and at a steady pace, you can earn good amounts of fighter currency each season. I earned about 20k this season from doing dailies and each rift one time.
Nah, I'd rather buy the roster like a retail game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah, I'd rather buy the roster like a retail game.
Fair enough but unfortunately they will never do that since the idea is to infinitely expand the the roster.

The closest was the characters tokens from founder packs, but those will eventually run out as well.

Personally I don’t mind having to unlock the roster, especially when beta gave me time to unlock the base cast. It’s not perfect, but better then how most other games would handle something like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom