• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lincoln Loud couldn’t escape the Timmy Turner route

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It really bothers me that they didn't use the Cartoon design for Beetlejuice

I mean not only is the movie version the most well-known iteration of the character, but said movie is also getting a sequel this year, feels like it was a given the OG design would be used. Though they could have a skin based around this version, I’m hoping for a skin based on the musical myself

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I mean not only is the movie version the most well-known iteration of the character, but said movie is also getting a sequel this year, feels like it was a given the OG design would be used. Though they could have a skin based around this version, I’m hoping for a skin based on the musical myself
No I get it, I made my original post sound way more serious than I intended it to be. It makes way more sense to do the movie version, I just think referencing the animated version would have been cool, but not a requirement, like I implied originally.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When I was younger, I tried to imitate moves based off Mario 64 because I thought it was cool. The Punch-Punch=Kick and Air Kick was easy, but then I got got stuck at the wall jump and gave up.

And then turns out. the wall jump is possible irl.
Mighty's parents watching him zoom up the stairs at light speed ass first

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My Adventures with cinema Superman season finale tonight.

Lowkey the show's kinda slept on, I wish it wasn't a target of the culture wars
it’s one of the best things going on with DC rn, alongside the Harley Quinn series (Kite-Man included of course)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Watched this for the first time today. Was alright but Pikachu speaking freaked the **** out of me.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

The first game announcement at EVO (that I know of) is a re-release of SvC Chaos. (the trailer says "available now", but the one at EVO said it was available on July 22nd, so in two days)

I haven't played this game before, but it looks like they've added some new features (like playable bosses), and hopefully this is a good sign for Capcom vs. SNK 3 becoming a reality!
This was a surprise reveal. The last time I played SvC Chaos was way back during the Playstation 2 days, but it is good to see that Athena and Red Arremer are both playable.

I remember that I always get frustrated every time I face off against CPU Goenitz which always kept spamming that same move all the time making it rather hard to approach.

I'd be really curious to see how Zero, Firebrand, and Athena play compared to their MvC counterparts and the descendant of the latter.
As far as I can remember, this Zero is based upon Megaman Zero and plays a lot different from the MvC counterpart.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The entire roster for HunterxHunter Nen Impact has been revealed
Gon
Killua
Kurapika
Leorio
Hisoka
Chairman Netero
Bisky
Machi
Chrollo
Feitan
Uvogin
Meruem
Razor
Morel
Genthru
Kite
They released the opening animation with all the characters and it's hype
As for the roster it's pretty cool, some genuinely surprising picks even if I do think they went a bit overboard with Phantom Troupe members

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They released the opening animation with all the characters and it's hype

As for the roster it's pretty cool, some genuinely surprising picks even if I do think they went a bit overboard with Phantom Troupe members
Only one Chimera Ant and only one Zoldyck was a bit of a surprise, I was thinking Pitou and Illumi were both making it in the base roster. I was also expecting Shizuku because of her popularity, and also Knuckle and Shoot.

That said, I somehow didn't think of Morel and Kite who are based picks. I also completely forgot Genthru and Razor existed (and Morel too but somehow remembered Knuckle and Shoot).

Top Bottom