• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Next season is the final one, so yes, the story is almost finished.
Oh, good.

I looked up what the ending was on Youtube, and I must say, I would have been disappointed if Season 4 was the final season.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo today officially revealed that they're releasing their own Switch Joy-Cons charging station, despite them officially licensing multiple third party ones since the console's first year.

Some believe why it's so near the end of the console's lifespan is because of rumors saying that Joy-Cons are compatible with the Switch 2 but can't physically attach to it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't used my Joy-Cons in years myself. Doesn't help that one is drifting and the other has a non responding A button.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah I got this after 42 Dynamax adventures:
IMG_1202.jpeg

Was originally hunting Groudon then I realized if I’m going to multi hunt while trying for totodile, then there’s no point for hunting Gen 5 legends and below, because I can hunt them in ultra sun and moon after totodile and celebii, for way easier.

So I started hunting Koko and got it pretty fast! That leaves 3 tapus to go.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know, the only reason I'm upset Crash Team Rumble died is because it was a reason for them to model more of the classic cast in the new art style. Now We have to wait who knows how long to see the transition for a lot of the characters, and who knows if they'll even keep the Crash 4 art style if it takes a long time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, the only reason I'm upset Crash Team Rumble died is because it was a reason for them to model more of the classic cast in the new art style. Now We have to wait who knows how long to see the transition for a lot of the characters, and who knows if they'll even keep the Crash 4 art style if it takes a long time.
You'll probably be waiting a long time unless some concept art for the cancelled Crash 5 leaks.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You'll probably be waiting a long time unless some concept art for the cancelled Crash 5 leaks.
God why are people so obsessed with that article. He just says, and I quote "Crash Fans will be disappointment by the cancellation of Project: Dragon" Game developers always think fans will like the project they're making. They thought people would like Crash Team Rumble and look how that fiasco turned out. And he doesn't even call the project "Crash 5". People just assume that's what the project was. For all we know it was Crash Team Racing 2 (to fill Activision's multiplayer niche) or some other Crash related project. IDK... Crash Bandicoot Fortnite Clone or Crash Bandicoot Sports game or Crash Bash 2.0. All this means is that a Crash related project was cancelled. Not that Crash 5 was a game in development and that it was canned. Anything else is just guessing and making "logical assumptions" which, let's be real, often turn out wrong when they're made by the internet hive mind. So can we please stop it with the clickbaiting and stick to the facts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
God why are people so obsessed with that article. He just says, and I quote "Crash Fans will be disappointment by the cancellation of Project: Dragon" Game developers always think fans will like the project they're making. They thought people would like Crash Team Rumble and look how that fiasco turned out. And he doesn't even call the project "Crash 5". People just assume that's what the project was. For all we know it was Crash Team Racing 2 (to fill Activision's multiplayer niche) or some other Crash related project. IDK... Crash Bandicoot Fortnite Clone or Crash Bandicoot Sports game or Crash Bash 2.0. All this means is that a Crash related project was cancelled. Not that Crash 5 was a game in development and that it was canned. Anything else is just guessing and making "logical assumptions" which, let's be real, often turn out wrong when they're made by the internet hive mind. So can we please stop it with the clickbaiting and stick to the facts.
What?

They literally called it Crash 5.

Project Dragon was a separate title.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
What?

They literally called it Crash 5.

Project Dragon was a separate title.
OK. The article i saw was older and not about these tweets. I had only seen this one.
And fair. Your article clearly states a game called Crash 5 was cancelled. But who knows why or what could happen in the future. Maybe they just didn't like the direction, or didn't want to keep working with the studio they had picked. We could be waiting a while, I admit. But I don't think this is reason to be all doom and gloom and panicky about it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I only use joycons out of necessity because I primarily play in handheld and the third party controllers I have feel like trash

Vapodubz

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
VAPO#333
Because they have so many cons
Bro my joy cons got the strangest issues, and when I sent them back too Nintendo, they didn't fix the issue. The issue is that the home button is half way inside the joy con, and it's not that big of a deal, but it's still annoying.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hulk Hogan casually reminding people that John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold, Roman Reigns, and Cody Rhodes are the superior top stars of wrestling

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Bro my joy cons got the strangest issues, and when I sent them back too Nintendo, they didn't fix the issue. The issue is that the home button is half way inside the joy con, and it's not that big of a deal, but it's still annoying.
First post and it's to complain about something.

You'll fit in well here.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Some Cash Banooca headcannons
  • Cortex and Brio were both independently trying to invent the Evolvo-Ray technology. Cortex’s first attempt was seen in Twinsanity’s flashback and resulted in the creation of the Evil Twins. Brio’s worked better though. He worked out of a barn in middle America and experimented on a possum and two chickens (who were eventually taken in by a racing obsessed theme park operator and given jobs and homes) before meeting Cortex. After demonstrating his Ray to Cortex at an evil science convention in his home town by mutating the Wumpa Fruit he was eating, the two decided then to work together to take over the world by creating animal army. Brio got credit for creating the Evolvo-Ray in the end. Cortex’s was better at mind control tech anyway. (This story explains the existence of the Tag Team Racing anthro characters)
  • Cortex and Brio created MANY potential soldiers who were either defective or unable to be controlled. Some stayed local like Farmer Ernest and Rusty Walrus. Others escaped to gain a foothold in other parts of the world like The Viscount and Papa Batfield
  • Speaking of Batfield (a character mentioned by Dingodile in Crash 4), he was an early bat experiment of the doctors who not only broke out, but stole a prototype Evolvo-Ray on his way out, recognizing its ability to grant him easier access to riches and servants. He escaped to the bayou and mutated himself a bat army. This explains the Wumpashiner bats in the main dimension for Dingodile’s debut level in Crash 4
  • The Wumpa Islands, while mostly populated by Australian fauna, have a few species from other parts of the world on their shores like Gorillas and Walruses. They are also the only place in the world to still have living Tasmanian Tigers.
  • As shown in the Catbat comic, the evolvo-ray has a fusion setting that can combine two creatures while evolving them. This setting was used to create Catbat, Dingodile, and Rilla Roo. And would eventually go on to be used to create the many Titans of cortex’s briefly lived Titan army, before that part of the timeline was erased.
  • There were a few other attempts at creating a new Bandicoot General between Coco and Crunch. Cortex was kind of obsessed with the idea. These experiments resulted in the creation of Ami, Megumi, Liz, Isabella, and of course, Fake Crash.
  • Hasty and Yaya Panda were specifically created during the Oxide incident and its aftermath to function as top tier racers to potentially beat Oxide. They were never brainwashed into minions though. They just got given a need for speed and set loose onto the racetrack.
  • You don’t want to know what would happen if they used the evolvo ray on a dragon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As we all know by this point the final fest influences the theme of the next Splatoon game. So I wonder…

If past wins will it be a prequel game, perhaps taking place during the Great Turf War?

If future wins will it take place years ahead of the current timeline, with aged up versions of the characters we have now?

If present wins will everything stay the same and the next game is a standard sequel?

Considering the next console is fast approaching maybe we won’t have long to wait :dkmelee:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

One of the greatest platformer games ever made and arguably the best NES game ever made is officially getting a sequel! :takeit:

Oh, and some guy named David Wise is the composer for the game. Never heard of him. "shrugs"

:dk:
Seeing people say David Wise is going through his Sugiyama arc with how ass the music in the trailer was, goddamn, I can't imagine a crueler fate for a musician lmao. I'm gonna wonder if there's a pattern if Michiru Yamane gets the same problem

Crash 4 lived up to all my expectations, what are you talking about?
I refuse to believe your expectations were "What if Cold Hard Crash was an entire game and we had like 300 boxes per stage"

Shroob

Sup?
As we all know by this point the final fest influences the theme of the next Splatoon game. So I wonder…

If past wins will it be a prequel game, perhaps taking place during the Great Turf War?

If future wins will it take place years ahead of the current timeline, with aged up versions of the characters we have now?

If present wins will everything stay the same and the next game is a standard sequel?

Considering the next console is fast approaching maybe we won’t have long to wait :dkmelee:
Past wins

It doesn't only influence Splatoon 4, but also Switch 2.

The Switch 2 is a Gameboy

We've gone full circle.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So apparently while I was asleep my city got hit with a bomb from the Houthis. Not in my specific area which is why I didn't hear it and also not in the hospital, but someone did die.

I genuinely can't believe this war is still going on, It's impossible to live like this

StormC

Smash Hero
Seeing people say David Wise is going through his Sugiyama arc with how ass the music in the trailer was, goddamn, I can't imagine a crueler fate for a musician lmao. I'm gonna wonder if there's a pattern if Michiru Yamane gets the same problem
The Sugiyama comparison is on brand considering he was found on Twitter liking anti-BLM tweets and other nonsense.

Top Bottom