• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
That is just one character, plus, while it may be just me, I don't think he is so static, and even if he is, it is how a character is handled that also matters. Even if character development is not really involved in cases like this, I still don't think Aang is that static, and with that, I do not think he is as static as you think. I think he has some development. I mean, he struggles to be the Avatar and accept his role. That deals with character development, does it not?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That is just one character, plus, while it may be just me, I don't think he is so static, and even if he is, it is how a character is handled that also matters. Even if character development is not really involved in cases like this, I still don't think Aang is that static, and with that, I do not think he is as static as you think. I think he has some development. I mean, he struggles to be the Avatar and accept his role. That deals with character development, does it not?
What the hell happened to saying this?

How 'bout no?!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I thought she had not post the actual rant yet, did she not?

I was saying that about the rant, not anything else.

But I digress, perhaps I should stop now given how this may equally be a pointless thing to talk about, rant or not.
I caught you opening up to it so I had to pull you out :iwatadirect:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unrelated but seeing as the screenshot has keyboard stuff, I assume you're playing on PC. You probably already know this but there's a mod that restores a cut gay romance option that already had English voice lines recorded for it, might be for you idk
…does this gay romance involve Yu and Yosuke?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 384592
I don't know about you guys, but something is not quite right here...
The face on Flounder is not one of joy but the face of a man who sunk further into the abyss than he knew was possible, he smiles, for he cannot process his family being eaten by Ariel and her being this casual about it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Does Star Fox even have an audience nowadays? Zero sold horribly and critical reception hasn't been the best. I can see a Star Fox 99 but really that's about it, feels like Star Fox is at the bottom of Nintendo priorities (and tbh, probably among the least popular nowadays).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Does Star Fox even have an audience nowadays? Zero sold horribly and critical reception hasn't been the best. I can see a Star Fox 99 but really that's about it, feels like Star Fox is at the bottom of Nintendo priorities (and tbh, probably among the least popular nowadays).
Now to be fair, there's a glaring detail you failed to mention.

Star Fox Zero was a gimmicky Wii U game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fair but you fail to realizing being a poorly recieved and sold gimmick game is the kiss of death for Nintendo franchises.
True Zero specifically is so gimmicky that unlike Pikmin, 3D World, TMS, etc, it can't even find success on a better system. The series is cooked, it had 1 game every boomer loved and that's it yeah

StormC

Smash Hero
There’s always furries

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
True Zero specifically is so gimmicky that unlike Pikmin, 3D World, TMS, etc, it can't even find success on a better system. The series is cooked, it had 1 game every boomer loved and that's it yeah
Tbf Zero never got ported. But tbh, I doubt it will.
There’s always furries
Wish granted, the Star Fox cast is now in Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean... people keep asking for a new Star Fox. Not every game needs to make trillions of dollars and get into every single persons home and sell to "casuals". Just... sell to the people who are asking you to sell to them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's probably what she means by being too gimmicky.
That game was designed around the Gamepad, it just doesn't work without being heavily reworked at which point just make a new game.
They could do what Wonderful 101 did and just put the little gamepad screen in the corner.

But yeah, i'd rather they make a new game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
They could do what Wonderful 101 did and just put the little gamepad screen in the corner.

But yeah, i'd rather they make a new game.
Well not really, the whole thing is that you'd use the gamepad to aim as well.
W101 was just a thing to draw on that you'd rather use the right stick for and then you'd have certain sections that needed the Pad but those were few and far between as opposed to SF0 needing you to constantly use both screens at the same time

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well not really, the whole thing is that you'd use the gamepad to aim as well.
W101 was just a thing to draw on that you'd rather use the right stick for and then you'd have certain sections that needed the Pad but those were few and far between as opposed to SF0 needing you to constantly use both screens at the same time
I've played Wonderful 101 to completion and I know the gamepad use was more involved than that. And even in the wii u version you could draw with the right analogue stick.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean... people keep asking for a new Star Fox. Not every game needs to make trillions of dollars and get into every single persons home and sell to "casuals". Just... sell to the people who are asking you to sell to them.
I mean in a perfect world where things like operating at a profit and a loss are nonexistant, yeah fair. But the games can't even crack a million which is far from ideal for a multi billion corp. Chances are, they just don't think there's enough demand, and lets be real, the latest gens (Z and Alpha) are more into small indie games or grand action adventure RPGs, if they want to sell Star Fox to the new gen they gotta overhaul it because the sit in ship and shoot style isn't working.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That can be true up to a point. But the question isn't are there Star Fox fans, the question is are there enough Star Fox fans to justify the money we lost making this thing?

In the Wii U's case, the answer was no.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
small indie games
This just reminds me: Star Fox 64 is a game where you can get from the beginning to the end in 2 hours, even on a casual playthrough. Wouldn't its gameplay style have potential to be made into a small indie game?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That can be true up to a point. But the question isn't are there Star Fox fans, the question is are there enough Star Fox fans to justify the money we lost making this thing?

In the Wii U's case, the answer was no.
That's fair. Though a lot of people were, understandably, put off by the controls.
I mean in a perfect world where things like operating at a profit and a loss are nonexistant, yeah fair. But the games can't even crack a million which is far from ideal for a multi billion corp. Chances are, they just don't think there's enough demand, and lets be real, the latest gens (Z and Alpha) are more into small indie games or grand action adventure RPGs, if they want to sell Star Fox to the new gen they gotta overhaul it because the sit in ship and shoot style isn't working.
That would be a huge mistake. Then people who have actually been wanting a new Star Fox would be upset because you effectively didn't even make a Star Fox game. You just made a game with Star Fox characters.

If indie studios can sell to niche markets and not operate at a loss, then there's no reason Nintendo can't have a b-team who makes smaller budget projects in their more niche franchises that cater to those fanbases. It's not impossible

Honestly it feels like there are a lot of biases in this conversation. Statements that people are assuming need to be true that just... don't. They don't need to pander to an audience that doesn't want what the series is by "reinventing it". That's how you get a split and divided fanbase. Any money is good money. As long as there is profit and they're not making the project at a loss, they're fine. They still make games with that mindset now even. Look at Metroid Dread. Not every game needs to be the most successful thing on the planet when you own Mario AND Pokemon as well as heavy hitters like Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Zelda. You can be free to spread things around a little bit.

Like. What do you gain by sitting here convincing yourself that a brand new Star Fox is impossible and that the series is dead and will never come back unless it turns itself into Fortnite or Dark Souls? Does that bring you happiness? Closure? Contentment? Can you not find those things in realizing that there are just as plenty of ways that it could come back that aren't wishful thinking or pointless idealism? Like... I just don't get it. Cause when I convince myself that the thing I want is never gonna happen, I'll tell you, it doesn't improve my state of being at all. Better to be either optimistic or at least neutral. Cause that's what the universe is. Neutral. Everything is just as likely to happen as anything else. Especially when there are billions of things happening behind closed doors at these companies shifting the outcome that we don't know about. So why convince yourself of a conclusion off of a data set that you know is incomplete?

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Unrelated but seeing as the screenshot has keyboard stuff, I assume you're playing on PC. You probably already know this but there's a mod that restores a cut gay romance option that already had English voice lines recorded for it, might be for you idk
not really tbh, I'm playing on japanese audio

Top Bottom