• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Annnnnd we got a release date...

FFS just put this series to rest already...
I used to be a bigger Jurassic park fan than I am now but I just… can’t anymore. Dinosaurs are just animals. And the habitats a lot of them were placed in were so in-accurate to their natural habitats that there’s no way they were getting properly enriched. And they weren’t getting proper interaction with the keepers, the only time they interacted with humans was when the humans attacked them with electric prods. On top of being born and raised in isolation without proper maternal care, I mean of course they went berserk. There are real studies that show if you do this kind of thing to real animals you get similar results. I’m tired of them trying to paint these innocent creatures as mindless killing machines.

You know what I want to watch? Something where they actually give a **** and try to care for these beautiful creatures they created out of a mosquitoes final meal. Where they treat animals like animals and not ****ing sideshow horror beasts that need to be “contained lest unholy terror be wrote down on them”. Its so tired and so… so… its just not an enjoyable approach for a movie as someone who is really into extinct animals and how they actually were as creatures.

Shroob

Sup?
I used to be a bigger Jurassic park fan than I am now but I just… can’t anymore. Dinosaurs are just animals. And the habitats a lot of them were placed in were so in-accurate to their natural habitats that there’s no way they were getting properly enriched. And they weren’t getting proper interaction with the keepers, the only time they interacted with humans was when the humans attacked them with electric prods. On top of being born and raised in isolation without proper maternal care, I mean of course they went berserk. There are real studies that show if you do this kind of thing to real animals you get similar results. I’m tired of them trying to paint these innocent creatures as mindless killing machines.

You know what I want to watch? Something where they actually give a **** and try to care for these beautiful creatures they created out of a mosquitoes final meal. Where they treat animals like animals and not ****ing sideshow horror beasts that need to be “contained lest unholy terror be wrote down on them”. Its so tired and so… so… its just not an enjoyable approach for a movie as someone who is really into extinct animals and how they actually were as creatures.
So

Paradox Pokemon

:nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only way they could make this interesting and different is adding megafauna from different time periods such as Ice Age megafauna mammoths and saber-toothed cats (As we saw in Camp Cretaceous).

Otherwise, I'm all down for more content as long as it's before Dominion hence my interest in Chaos Theory (Which from what I've seen will likely explore how dinosaurs are affecting the ecosystem that Dominion didn't explored as I hoped) but going forward, IMO Dominion ended on a fine note.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I do have a dislike for paradox Pokémon.

Though that’s mainly because they’re not believable ancestors/descendants of the pokemon they’re based on and more like the version of the pokemon from the flintstones or the jetsons respectively. Which is lame.
That's because they probably aren't. They're

Paradoxes. :nifty:

Tho I think your descendant thing is a bit wrong because, they're technically not supposed to be. The Future ones are all man-made, or Alien-made in Moth's case.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Fun fact: based on what we know about it, the T-Rex is probably unable to roar.

If anything, it makes deep belowing growls.
Reminder that birds are the final remainder we have of dinosaurs.

My theory is that dinosaurs made the same sounds modern day birds do.

Think of a really loud rooster sound, and that's probably close to what sound the T-rex made.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Tho I think your descendant thing is a bit wrong because, they're technically not supposed to be. The Future ones are all man-made, or Alien-made in Moth's case.
Nah, in the future Metal Coat strats are the meta. So much so that Pokemon have adapted and evolved so they can use it.

Though some of them kinda forgot the steel typing that came with it. Whoops.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Which I think is dumb. Like I get the lore. Or at least I think I do, Lockstin hasn’t made an updated video about it after the last part of the dlc came out and damned if I’m gonna spend money and time on that game to find out.

But honestly I think time displaced pokemon from the actual past and future would have been way cooler than… whatever it is they were going for. I don’t want to repeat the last bit of speculation I remember before the dlc finished because I don’t want people telling me how wrong I am.

Shroob

Sup?
Which I think is dumb. Like I get the lore. Or at least I think I do, Lockstin hasn’t made an updated video about it after the last part of the dlc came out and damned if I’m gonna spend money and time on that game to find out.

But honestly I think time displaced pokemon from the actual past and future would have been way cooler than… whatever it is they were going for. I don’t want to repeat the last bit of speculation I remember before the dlc finished because I don’t want people telling me how wrong I am.
It's okay.

The last bit of the DLC didn't actually add in anymore lore anyway. :drshrug:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
These are really good even if I am kind of mixed on the new versions of the old songs.
I will admit that they cooked with the Iwatodai Dorm and When the Moon’s Reaching Out Stars remixes (and I’ll assume the full version of Changing Seasons is the most Bayonetta ass remix ever), but yeah some of the other remixes aren’t as good as the old ones

Shroob

Sup?
Thing is it was very intentional to leave what Paradox Mons actually are up in the air. AI professors said that they were decendants of the Pokemon we know and love. The actual professor says they're from alternate realities. Other characters don't even know if they're Pokemon at all.
All the more reason TPC can justify keeping them in Gen 9. :nifty:

Which kinda sucks, since they're ENTIRELY located in Area Zero, but unlike Ultra Beasts which are basically Legendaries, they're not.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All the more reason TPC can justify keeping them in Gen 9. :nifty:

Which kinda sucks, since they're ENTIRELY located in Area Zero, but unlike Ultra Beasts which are basically Legendaries, they're not.
Until GameFreak makes the SV sequel where we actually go in the time machine and see the future/past.

And the future is a completely desyroyed Mesagoza becauae they love doing that for some reason.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
On one hand, keeping gimmicks to generations makes each generation stand out much more and gives each one their own unique thing

on the other hand, the concepts are usually too cool to keep behind and if you don't keep them behind you get the yearning for more Mega Evolutions (come on TPC people like them and you still reference them)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got another commission back. Just in time for my Birthday this week.

This one means a lot as I've been waiting a long time for this back. The artist ran into some medical problems last year and has been struggling as late, but they always go above and beyond for their clients, so I'm glad I stuck with them. I still have some other pending requests with them that are more free-form, so I'm eager to see what they have in mind.

🥰

osby

Smash Obsessed
On one hand, keeping gimmicks to generations makes each generation stand out much more and gives each one their own unique thing

on the other hand, the concepts are usually too cool to keep behind and if you don't keep them behind you get the yearning for more Mega Evolutions (come on TPC people like them and you still reference them)
I would get it if they don't want to lock themselves into making the same kind of designs/concepts forever.

Like, I used to love Mega Evolutions but looking back, I don't like limiting the central gimmick of a game to randomly chosen Pokemon. Or, there are so many ways to design Ultra Beasts/Paradox Pokemon before the concept stops feeling fresh.

Shroob

Sup?
I would get it if they don't want to lock themselves into making the same kind of designs/concepts forever.

Like, I used to love Mega Evolutions but looking back, I don't like limiting the central gimmick of a game to randomly chosen Pokemon. Or, there are so many ways to design Ultra Beasts/Paradox Pokemon before the concept stops feeling fresh.
Honestly, I disagree on Ultra Beasts but agree on Paradoxes to a degree.

Past Paradoxes are almost all good(Imo), but Future are..... bland. Outside of Iron Valiant, they're all just Pokemon, but robot. Some Past Paradoxes are bland sure, like Flutter Mane just being a bigger Misdreavus more or less, but then you got like, Roaring Moon and the whole "Is this the missing Link between Mega Evolutions?!"

And Ultra Beasts issue is, imo, there's not enough. They're interdimensional beings, and they're all super weird. It's great.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I disagree on Ultra Beasts but agree on Paradoxes to a degree.

Past Paradoxes are almost all good(Imo), but Future are..... bland. Outside of Iron Valiant, they're all just Pokemon, but robot. Some Past Paradoxes are bland sure, like Flutter Mane just being a bigger Misdreavus more or less, but then you got like, Roaring Moon and the whole "Is this the missing Link between Mega Evolutions?!"

And Ultra Beasts issue is, imo, there's not enough. They're interdimensional beings, and they're all super weird. It's great.
I actually don't have a problem with existing Ultra Beasts or Paradoxes.

My point is more along the lines of "Would they want these to be a series staple?" As you said, the whole point of Ultra Beasts is that they are super weird - and I feel like getting a steady stream of them in every game would kinda dilute the effect. Paradoxes also have that issue on top of potentially not fitting future games' themes with their past and future concept.

Regional variants are one type of design idea that I can see GameFreak keeping around indefinitely because of how versatile and lowkey it is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The first thing Ryoji does upon meeting the protag in P3R is to compliment his muscles and offer to play music for him.

They are really committed to making him as gay as he was in the movies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Black History FACT:

The deepest shade of black that was created, Vantablack, is copyrighted with one artist exclusively holding the rights to it. Yes, you can own the rights to a color (or rather, it's more of a paint).

Anyways, there's another black called Singularity Black which isn't as dark but was created to make it acessible to all after vantablack has been hostage by an artist.

It's expensive, but you can buy it.

Yeah, that's history of BLACK.

What do you mean that's not what they mean by Black History

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's okay.

The last bit of the DLC didn't actually add in anymore lore anyway. :drshrug:
So they didn’t explain where they came from? Well in that case I’m going with my favorite of the like… 5 theories he spit out in that video (modified with my own sarcastic biases) that they’re just what the professors visiting area zero thought a prehistoric/futuristic pokemon would look like, because of that book’s illustrations, and the magical area zero crystals brought them to life and sent them into the past to inspire the illustrations in that very book, thus creating a classic bootstrap paradox. And explaining why they all look stupid.
That's okay, we can't all be perfect.
They’re just a half assed combo of ultra beasts and regional variants that don’t even have interesting lore backing them up. I genuinely don’t get why most people seem to like them so much.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually don't have a problem with existing Ultra Beasts or Paradoxes.

My point is more along the lines of "Would they want these to be a series staple?" As you said, the whole point of Ultra Beasts is that they are super weird - and I feel like getting a steady stream of them in every game would kinda dilute the effect. Paradoxes also have that issue on top of potentially not fitting future games' themes with their past and future concept.

Regional variants are one type of design idea that I can see GameFreak keeping around indefinitely because of how versatile and lowkey it is.
I still want a whole game set in Ultra Space and where you’re only capturing Ultra Beasts with a whole Dex of nothing but Ultra Beasts. Pokemon Legends: Ultra Recon Squad.

Top Bottom