• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

A statement on Xbox’s future plans will come out next week.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Pokémon company announces that they’ve bought out Nintendo’s share of the rights to the franchise and from now on it will be multiplatform. How do you react?
If it gives TPC and GF more money and more time to work on their games, then so be it. Just make sure the games are good at least

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Pokémon company announces that they’ve bought out Nintendo’s share of the rights to the franchise and from now on it will be multiplatform. How do you react?
“Sweet now we can go from Wii looking games to N64 games because Gamefreak will know even less about coding for these games.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wait… would this mean there could be platform exclusive mons that other platforms could only trade for?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I tried getting into that show, but unlike Amphibia, The Owl House, and heck, tons of other Disney channel animated shows, I just...couldn't get as invested in it.

Even the more drama and story-heavy episodes like the one where Beta gets captured don't seem to have that much going on. The show's got good ideas and a great core concept, but the character and story writing just doesn't compare to those of most of Disney Channels' other shows.

I think every idea deserves a chance and that the show's got potential that it deserves a chance to realize, so it being cancelled after one season would be major bogus. But I definitely think it needs to improve on it's writing if the show's going to last and stand out on it's own.
Haven’t seen the show myself, but they can probably live longer if their Disney+ views are good
I stopped watching animated shows that try to go heavy on story. Too much for me to keep up and most are prone to getting cancelled or screwed over by the big wigs.
At this point it’s a surprise if a show managed to live a full life
I watch as Nintendo turns back time to keep that from happening

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man I need more ARPGs with a battle system like FF7R and Persona 5 Strikers. 7 Rebirth comes out on PS5 soon but I'm waiting for that to come to steam, and I'm still waiting for other series to copy that battle system. Heck, even mainline Final Fantasy didn't copy that battle system. 16 didn't.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Most Geno fans don't actually venture into non-Mario RPGs, a lot of them are Millenial Nintendo Fans. You know the ones.
They sometimes don't even play Mario RPGs
FzKPcGyX0AIQsO_.png

He's done more for generations of people than the royal family.
King Charles: Has a mother who owned a concentration camp and a pedophile brother
Charles Martinet: yippee wahoo man who's also appeared in Dragon Ball and Skyrim

Sounds clear to me who wins

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Man I need more ARPGs with a battle system like FF7R and Persona 5 Strikers. 7 Rebirth comes out on PS5 soon but I'm waiting for that to come to steam, and I'm still waiting for other series to copy that battle system. Heck, even mainline Final Fantasy didn't copy that battle system. 16 didn't.
Well I have a whole series with a play style like Persona 5 Strikers....

Also Granblue Fantasy Relink, might be what you are looking for.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I have a whole series with a play style like Persona 5 Strikers....

Also Granblue Fantasy Relink, might be what you are looking for.
I haven't played Dynasty Warriors yet but I have played Hyrule Warriors. And it's... not quite what I'm talking about

Like In strikers they added all these extra mechanics for summoning the personas that remind me of 7R's ATB guage that it uses for spell casting and targeting special moves, not to mention active party swapping. And like... no other Warriors game I've played really has those kinds of mechanics.

They're fun, don't get me wrong. But they're not what I'm after. Plus.. like... Strikers doesn't really play like a typical Warriors game. It's a lot more like a typical ARPG than usual. Strikers and 7R are like... the action versions of a traditional turn based JRPG, and normal Warriors games are like... the action version of a Tactics game. And it doesn't really scratch the same itch, and can be kind of overwhelming.

And this is all coming from my own opinion playing both Hyrule Warriors, Age of Calamity, and P5S. Actually playing them. I'm not parroting some youtuber or basing my opinion off of gameplay clips. This is based on my own experiences.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I haven't played Dynasty Warriors yet but I have played Hyrule Warriors. And it's... not quite what I'm talking about

Like In strikers they added all these extra mechanics for summoning the personas that remind me of 7R's ATB guage that it uses for spell casting and targeting special moves, not to mention active party swapping. And like... no other Warriors game I've played really has those kinds of mechanics.

They're fun, don't get me wrong. But they're not what I'm after. Plus.. like... Strikers doesn't really play like a typical Warriors game. It's a lot more like a typical ARPG than usual. Strikers and 7R are like... the action versions of a traditional turn based JRPG, and normal Warriors games are like... the action version of a Tactics game. And it doesn't really scratch the same itch, and can be kind of overwhelming.

And this is all coming from my own opinion playing both Hyrule Warriors, Age of Calamity, and P5S. Actually playing them. I'm not parroting some youtuber or basing my opinion off of gameplay clips. This is based on my own experiences.
Yeah I was mostly being a smart ass with that one, Strikers is probably my favorite version of the warriors formula from a gameplay perspective, That or One Piece Pirate Warriors.

My Granblue Relink recommendation is legit though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm more interested in Microsoft making Xbox original and 360 games being compatible with mobile remote play than seeing them porting their games.

Shroob

Sup?
Would Granblue Relink be kinda like that? Idk

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tom Holland has some sort of announcement tomorrow…doubting it’s Spider-Man related, but Imma assume he may reveal something like Uncharted movie 2 (or he reveals something more goofy and unrealistic like he now owns Disney and Sony)

Shroob

Sup?
Second recommendation for that title. Time to check it out.

Still hope more RPGs ape this battle system cause it’s so much fun. I’m looking at you pokemon!
I'm biased cause I like the IP, and I don't got anything I can run it on cause I don't got a PS4/PS5, but from what I've seen it's good

Also I may or may not have a friend who worked on the localization team so I am obliged to shill it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've said before that a Nintendo employee is a regular customer at my job and I got an update
A demo event at stores start this weekend but he doesn't know what it'll have.

If I had to guess: we get that Nintendo Direct this week and something from that is our demo.

Top Bottom