• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KillerCage

Smash Master
Chuggaaconroy: "I am guilty of this. I did something wrong. I admit I sexually harassed this person"

You, a ****ing genius who knows more about what either side has to say because yoj said so: "HMMMM IT SEEMS SO COMPLEX MY UWU SOFTBOY WHO I AM A FAN OF IS ACTUALLY INNOCENT!"

Go to hell man
Hold on. I just checked his response on Facebook and he did not say anything sexual harassment. The way I understand the situation is that Chugga was coming quite forward with his foot fetish without being told to stop. While it COULD be him abusing his fame, it's more likely that he missed the social cues in combination of him being neurodivergent (who are known to miss such hints which I can attest to) and still reeling from the passing of his cat Kirby. While I think Twitter is blowing thing out of portion, Chugga did mess up. I just don't want make any summations while he makes a proper response.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hold on. I just checked his response on Facebook and he did not say anything sexual harassment. The way I understand the situation is that Chugga was coming quite forward with his foot fetish without being told to stop. While it COULD be him abusing his fame, it's more likely that he missed the social cues in combination of him being neurodivergent (who are known to miss such hints which I can attest to) and still reeling from the passing of his cat Kirby. While I think Twitter is blowing thing out of portion, Chugga did mess up. I just don't want make any summations while he makes a proper response.
Nah we're not using neurodivergence as an excuse for sexual harassment, get out with that ****. I can miss social cues and not be a weirdo like him.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Nah we're not using neurodivergence as an excuse for sexual harassment, get out with that ****. I can miss social cues and not be a weirdo like him.
I get that. Neurodivergence is an explanation, not a excuse. I'm just hoping for the best outcome, but I'm bracing for the worse as this is hitting a little too close to home for me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm neurodivergent who can be bad with social cues who knows a ****ton of neurodivergent people who are awful with social cues both irl and online, some having said things that I've had go explain why they cannot say that as it makes them sound like a creep and sadly, a bunch who are victims of sexual harassment. I don't buy it as an explanation for a 33 year old acting like that, especially after having seen the DMs in particular. I'm not giving the benefit of doubt and while you're trying to see it as an explanation, keep in mind that it does turn out to sound an awful lot like an excuse when there's countless neurodivergent folk who do not act like that and were disgusted at what was said and done.

Also sidenote, it's weird and gross to me that so many people go "He's autistic, he didn't realize he was being a creep, she should have explicitly said she wasn't interested like the grown ass woman she is" and never "She's autistic, she didn't know how to respond to someone being a creep!", it's just flatout victim blaming while infantilizing a 33 year old man

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_8735.jpeg

YouTubers and other social media people with actual normal controversies (so not something stupid like “I don’t like eating fries” to cause a small outrage) hoping to get away from punishments nowadays…can we like…go a year without one of them ****ing up in life?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm ****ing tired of this ****ing bull**** happening in general.

I think I'm gonna take a break from the thread. Lady Emily shouldn't have ever to have gone through that experience and Chuggaaconroy shouldn't have ever acted the way he did.

But hearing more and more cases like this from people you enjoyed watching for years is tiring.

I...think I'm gonna take a break from this thread for a while again. With most Youtubers in these cases that I even knew about, I was able to move on pretty quickly as I didn't follow them much or otherwise for very long (or the allegations turned out to be false in some cases). I'm pretty jaded to these cases turning up by now, too. But hearing about this particular case over and over again is just disheartening.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you stand by Emile’s actions, I will automatically assume you like feet a little too much. :iwatadirect:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Other than the fact that Chuggaa clearly overstepped his boundaries and pestered her for pictures she didn’t want to send of herself which is definitely sexual harassment there are a few things I find most strange about the subject.

1. The role play thing she mentioned? There was an example of that with something about stealing her sneakers at a con or something but that was it from what was shown. But she did make it sound like he was trying to force her into quote “erotic role play” which just from the little bit we gathered wasn’t really the case.

2. I had no idea pictures of peoples feet in sneakers was even a thing. Like genuinely that’s just a strange thing to be obsessed with.

As an outsider looking in with pretty much no investment on either side, Chuggaa was in the wrong for constantly pestering her even when she was uncomfortable. Yes, she could have said “hey I’m not comfortable doing this” and it might have stopped but as she said she did her research and talked to others and this was NOT a single case but half a dozen other women had other similar stories. It’s more likely that she felt uncomfortable, asked for others opinions on the subject, found out this has happened to MULTIPLE people, and decided to come forward as the, for lack of a better term, Whistle blower.

Could Chuggaa have just wanted to talk to her since they had a friendship before and didn’t want to bug her more about the pictures? Maybe. But it seems like she gave him a chance and it still circled back to that so he has no one to blame but himself. He should have dropped it when she didn’t respond the first time.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Yeah, unless there's information missing from this post I haven't seen anything that suggests Emile did anything horrifically wrong. Yeah, there were a couple of odd/creepy messages that overstepped some boundaries. But he's already apologised for that and I don't think it really warrants anything more than that.

The whole situation reeks of something that should've been handled privately.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm autistic

When my dog died like, 2 years ago, you didn't catch me on social media pestering people for pics for my niche fetish.

Just saying.
This so much, I absolutely despise when people pull that ****. Even better is when they go “I’m also on the spectrum so I can say that not everyone thinks normally like that.”

Sorry but that just means you have your own issues that need addressing, autism has nothing to do with that and it’s not a shield. No rational person with Autism is about to go this far for something. They genuinely will ever drop the subject or never even get into it because no one disabled or not goes “how can I shove fetish stuff into this conversation “ unless they have an actual problem.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What Chugga did doesn't appear to be act of malice like we seen with many other YouTubers. However, what he did is still very innapropriate and does technically qualify under harassment. While Emily may have not expressed that she was uncomfortable, she did start ignoring his messages which should have been his sign to stop, instead he kept going and going. That's harassment. And no, autism does not excuse that either. He's a 33 year old man, don't infaltize him.

Also he admitted he was wrong like an hour later why are y'all still defending him? He doesn't know you, you don't know him, stop pretending like you do.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you stand by Emile’s actions, I will automatically assume you like feet a little too much. :iwatadirect:
I'm gonna be real this does absolutely nothing. Like, anyone can say some meaningless **** like "Scientific evidence Mario fans cannot be normal", "Of course a Xenoblade fan is inappropriate to women", "I am not surprised a cat owner is this weird" or any other things. It's focusing on the wrong part, like seeing a starving kid die on the streets and going "My god, he has a hole in his shirt!"
The whole situation reeks of something that should've been handled privately
I do not get this sentiment in any cases like this. It would be so, SO easy for someone who does **** like this to simply keep doing it to others. Just seems like a way of saying "I wish I did not know this and could go back to the blissful ignorance"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like a lot of this drama would be gone if people stopped idolizing Youtubers. They're not perfect goody two shoes, they're human and mess up too, and some mess up far worse than others. We don't know what they do outside the play button, nor do they know that you exist. Realizing that makes it much easier to handle callout posts like that instead of going full victim blaming and conspiracy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel like a lot of this drama would be gone if people stopped idolizing Youtubers. They're not perfect goody two shoes, they're human and mess up too, and some mess up far worse than others. We don't know what they do outside the play button, nor do they know that you exist. Realizing that makes it much easier to handle callout posts like that instead of going full victim blaming and conspiracy.
This is very true, I've watched all but one series he did since 2012 and all I felt was "Damn, that sucks" instead of being devastated or becoming a delusional cult member, the thing getting me upset is victim blaming idiots who refuse to accept the idea of the guy they like being accused of something he admitted without excuses

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Agreed. I feel that the idolizing part could not only be applied to Youtubers, but celebrities in general, like Tara Strong, whose fans defended her not only in terms of her Islamophobic statements and possibly that AI thing she said, but when she got fired from a show she was part of for her anti-Islam statements, she said that she was fired for being a Jew, and fans sided with her on that, even though there was another Jew on the show that they did not fire. It's all crazy.

Alas, as Jondolio Jondolio said before, it is hard to let go. The mind in everyone on this planet seems to have a mental inertia, or mental resistance to change, that prevents them from letting go, let alone realizing the faults of the people they idolize, and maybe preventing them from realizing that those people they idolize are not those who can do no wrong. It is quite sad, really. Plus, if I had to guess, they do not seem to be educated well enough about those kind of things, maybe outside of certain scenarios they have been taught to actually realize that this kind of thing apply, when they apply to everyone and everywhere.

It's amazing that some people don't know that no one can be exempt from the bad things they do, and it is also amazing how such people tend to defend those people.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Happy Birthday Smash Bros!

It's also the 30th Anniversary of the first Wario Land (SML3) and Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It's also the 30th Anniversary of the first Wario Land (SML3) and Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem.
Ok. Where’s the new ultimate content?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Smash 64 will release on Nintendo Switch Online any day now...
ANY DAY NOW...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My gf may be autistic but at least she konws not to sexualy harass me. Its common sense everyone should know

Top Bottom