• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
yknow I'm digging into the devs behind Palworld and its ****ty stuff all the way down

their oldest game is a amongus like game where the goal is to have one player generate art using AI while the others draw regurally and find which one did AI(a cute concept, if not unusual and could be unethical depending on how you look at it)
https://www.pocketpair.jp/ai-artimpostor

their next game is "Nevergrave" which I guess is some kind of roguelike...? Like legit it jumped from "okay death is not the end you can possess monsters when you die" to "play with friends!" to "hang with your friends!" right back to basic roguelike platforming and gameplay on a 2d anime like style which just baffles me, its not even clear what the game is about
https://www.pocketpair.jp/nevergrave

then their next game is Crafttopia which feels just as soulless and cashgrabby as Palworld is, like cmon, tell me this isn't bootleg BOTW:
Screenshot 2024-01-19 132809.png

Screenshot 2024-01-19 132739.png

and then I watch the trailers for Palworld and its a similar garbled mess of mechanics after mechanics after mechanics shoved on top of stock 3d assets(some of which appear to have been stolen and jumbled up) and there's like... almost no cohesion between anything this developer has done. I'm not even confident saying the developer did all 4 of these games, because there's a stark constrast between the first 2 on their website and the 2 most recent ones(craftopia and now palworld)

Its sketchy af and what really annoys me is how a few of my friendgroups have gotten hooked onto Palworld already, while I don't even want to touch it because I don't want to give this developer money on account of the sketchiness I'm seeing in their backlog of games.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also what's with Pokemon fans gassing up the wrong games? Like there's so many indie monster collectives that have a lot of love and joy put into them and instead they gas up the 5 minute Unity asset flip cash grab, that will get shut down after the inevitable lawsuit.
I'm 99% convinced it's an excuse to go "LOOK HOW BAD POKEMON IS, THEY TOOK DOWN THE SUPERIOR GAME BECAUSE THEY WERE SCARED OF IT"

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Damn I had no idea it was THAT sketchy, it feels like there is quite a fair amount of people who are clueless and not really into the know. Is it going to be a situation where the game will die down within a week or two?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm 99% convinced it's an excuse to go "LOOK HOW BAD POKEMON IS, THEY TOOK DOWN THE SUPERIOR GAME BECAUSE THEY WERE SCARED OF IT"
Like if Palworld was original game with a lot then yeah go support it.

But nah, they want us to believe Palworld is good competition to Pokemon because they threw in dubious copyright infringing mons into their stolen asset flip that also steals fakemons (nice job supporting artists!).

Like I hated when they gassed TemTem because it was only used as ammo against SwSh, but even that was original.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yknow I'm digging into the devs behind Palworld and its ****ty stuff all the way down

their oldest game is a amongus like game where the goal is to have one player generate art using AI while the others draw regurally and find which one did AI(a cute concept, if not unusual and could be unethical depending on how you look at it)
https://www.pocketpair.jp/ai-artimpostor

their next game is "Nevergrave" which I guess is some kind of roguelike...? Like legit it jumped from "okay death is not the end you can possess monsters when you die" to "play with friends!" to "hang with your friends!" right back to basic roguelike platforming and gameplay on a 2d anime like style which just baffles me, its not even clear what the game is about

then their next game is Crafttopia which feels just as soulless and cashgrabby as Palworld is, like cmon, tell me this isn't bootleg BOTW:
View attachment 383212
View attachment 383213

and then I watch the trailers for Palworld and its a similar garbled mess of mechanics after mechanics after mechanics shoved on top of stock 3d assets(some of which appear to have been stolen and jumbled up) and there's like... almost no cohesion between anything this developer has done. I'm not even confident saying the developer did all 4 of these games, because there's a stark constrast between the first 2 on their website and the 2 most recent ones(craftopia and now palworld)

Its sketchy af and what really annoys me is how a few of my friendgroups have gotten hooked onto Palworld already, while I don't even want to touch it because I don't want to give this developer money on account of the sketchiness I'm seeing in their backlog of games.
I haven’t heard of this game before, so I wonder what the hype for this dev suddenly came from.

IMG_7819.png

Wait, what?

IMG_7819.jpeg

L-L-L-L-LABORED?!?!?

IMG_7821.gif

Did they just market goddamn slavery?​

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Like if Palworld was original game with a lot then yeah go support it.

But nah, they want us to believe Palworld is good competition to Pokemon because they threw in dubious copyright infringing mons into their stolen asset flip that also steals fakemons (nice job supporting artists!).

Like I hated when they gassed TemTem because it was only used as ammo against SwSh, but even that was original.
ngl I wish TemTem succeeded a bit more, it seems like a cute concept and I got disasuaded from trying it because of all the comparisions to pokemon, if it had marketed itself as its own thing or tried to use PR to at least mitigate the pokemon comparisions it might have faired a little better

one of the people in my friendgroup has 1k hours and he talks pretty well of the game, I just can't try it myself yet cause no monies lmao

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, can Nintendo fans please stop labeling everything as a Nintendo Franchise killer?

The only thing that can kill a Nintendo franchise is Nintendo themselves. Jjst recommend the game without some agenda to push for a war between similar games. How hard is, "if you like game x, then you'd lkke game y"?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It constantly appeared in Geoff's events because of course Geoff is gonna show some **** that has no artistic integrity to it.
Like, VGA? Or does Geoff host other things? I stopped watching the VGAs after 2021

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other news the Apollo Justice Ace Attorney trilogy comes out next week.

Didn’t realize the release was this close

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So Hazbin Hotel. What is the appeal? I saw a couple of clips and the pilot a whike back and for a comedy, it's not funny. It feels like the excessive swearing or sex is the punchline and that's the only joke they got. But some if y'all say it's good so like... what do you see that I can't

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So Hazbin Hotel. What is the appeal? I saw a couple of clips and the pilot a whike back and for a comedy, it's not funny. It feels like the excessive swearing or sex is the punchline and that's the only joke they got. But some if y'all say it's good so like... what do you see that I can't
I unno.

Let's ask the dude who spent 50k on a sfw nsfw vid.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

It's...

...It's....

.... It's beautiful. They got the mask and everything. This is literally the perfect live action Wolverine design.
Tagging Schnee117 Schnee117 as last time I shared stuff about the costume they were really excited.

Batman in the DCU has no excuse not to do the white eyes thing if they're doing it with Wolverine

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if you’ve watched Helluva Boss then it’s just that but first

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It's...

...It's....

.... It's beautiful. They got the mask and everything. This is literally the perfect live action Wolverine design.
Tagging Schnee117 Schnee117 as last time I shared stuff about the costume they were really excited.
look…listen…it’s godly as ****. The 24 year wait for the best Wolverine suit is absolutely worth every single thing known to mutantkind

cashregister9

Smash Hero
YOOOOOOO! Let's goooooooooo!
http://instagr.am/p/C2TECpjyNcM/

Praying It turns out well despite... A certain actor.
That logo makes me irrationally mad, I do not have high expectations. But I hope it turns out well

I think Disney hates me specifically because I have wanted a new Tron and a good Haunted Mansion movie for a long time but Disney poisoned both with Jared Leto. and for Haunted Mansion Leto played my favorite character.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's funny how Jared Leto's entire career to two generations has been boiled down to Suicide Squad and Morbius. And that's his entire legacy. Suicide Squad almost killed his career.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
As someone who joined Pokemon with generation 6, I like Diantha more than most people, but I totally get why people find her a weaksauce champion.

I mean, she uses Tyrantrum which is amazing, but she also uses...an Aurorus.

A Pokemon with quad weaknesses to Fighting AND Steel.

In the same game where you're given a free Lucario.

With a Mega Stone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Soo true.
I just can't stop thinking about how this sequel could have been so great if they had just been given more time and allowed to remake more of the content from the first game.

That and how the story mode is kind of underwhelming. I mean, it's basically just roguelike World of Light but without the battles using character modifiers (which are already programmed into the game) and you just play it over and over again until it says you've done it enough times and you're done.

Also every character's super is functionally identical. Like, it makes a hitbox, it teleports them to a cinematic, and damage is dealt. Sure they all technically do different things, and it's cool that they still work on enemies and bosses (which is not true in Smash Bros), but the fact that you basically use them all in the exact same way is kind of lame.

And I still can't get over them doing Rocksteady and only Rocksteady without Bebop as part of the DLC. Like, they would work as Olimar/Alph style costumes of each other. Why not do that? And if they are gonna do that eventually why not advertise that when the characters are announced? Maybe because Bebop's model isn't ready yet and Rocksteady is the base of the character and moveset? IDK. It's just something I can't stop thinking about.

Also Vlad not being playable despite being on the box with the rest of the cast is really annoying and I can't believe the people who were conspiracy theorizing that he wouldn't actually be playable because he had a purple background while the rest had a blue one were actually right. I really hope he gets added in an update or as future DLC because he was one of the characters I was really excited to play as.

I really hope they treat this game as an expandable platform and it gets a lot of content updates, even if they're paid. Because I'm not looking forward to the potentiality of having to wait for a third game to get some of the stuff that should have been in this one only to find out that said third game is missing some of the stuff from the second game because they started from scratch for no good reason. Arg.

Top Bottom