• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We are so happy together for enjoying Smash Bros for 30 years. Casual and competitive, it all originates to the fantasy of bringing characters of a dream matchup while entering the spotlight.
To this day that is still my most favorite video game commercial of all time.

My very first exposure to Smash was the teaser commercial

8 year old me thought that was so awesome.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, it's easier to just boot up and play games on your Switch rather than bothering to download roms and mod them - especially if you have a potato PC like mine.
Using a starchy root vegetable for your computing needs is definitely a hinderance, but it’s a lot easier than you’ed think to get these things up and running. I used to think it was “too complicated” before I actually tried to do it and discovered that it’s just as easy as downloading stuff from the eshop.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Using a starchy root vegetable for your computing needs is definitely a hinderance, but it’s a lot easier than you’ed think to get these things up and running. I used to think it was “too complicated” before I actually tried to do it and discovered that it’s just as easy as downloading stuff from the eshop.
I think you're genuinely not thinking about kids that have access to the Nintendo Switch Online server. An 8-10 year old is not gonna know how to use emulators to play Smash Remix.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You also underestimate how many 8-10 year olds don't have a computer of their own and don't just use their family's ipad which sucks in terms of emulation.
That is true. That’s something that’s different from when I was a kid. When I was a kid we had the big family computer in the computer/cat room. I have to readjust that mental framework.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
started Naruto Shipudden…did not expect to have heard rap…I dig it tho

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know something that would be nice? For dlc development to have like... a percent completion bar on the games website that the devs updated periodically. That way we'd have an idea how close everything was to being finished without anything specific having to be said about what's actually being done and without having to attach specific dates.

I know you're all gonna tell me why this is a bad idea and why keeping everything more secret than the nuclear launch codes is the only way to do things but IDK man I get really antsy and I'd just like to know a little bit more than nothing.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I just went down memory lane and rediscovered some old ideas I kicked around for Splatoon 4.

How old? This was back way early into Splatoon 3's own hypecycle. Deep Cut hadn't even been revealed yet.

A few ideas I had were:
  • The babbly Banjo-Kazooie speak was eschewed in favor of full voice acting. For example, Callie was voiced by Emily Blunt and Marie was voiced by Anna Kendrick
  • I came up with a whole new playable species known as Waterdragons. They played very differently from the Inklings and Octolings, being able to glide and swim, and, instead of using weapons, spray an infinite amount of ink from their mouths and use different gear set-ups to help add to their ink breath effectiveness
  • The idols this time were a pair of Octoling brothers modeled on twenty one pilots
  • The central story featured the new agent character working with the idols and a brand new Waterdragon character to destroy an Octarian megacorporation that used Inklings as slaves. Marie and the Waterdragon character ended up falling in love. Also the main villain was a blue-ringed octopus Octoling. Voiced by Grey DeLisle.
  • I even gave the Squid Sisters their own secret story mode about a mission they went on as Agents 1 and 2
  • Also the DLC story mode detailed the Waterdragon lore and the main antagonist was a DEATH CULT ran by a misanthropic Inkling...VOICED BY THE LEAD SINGER OF AVENGED SEVENFOLD
I might work on these again cuz I did have a fun time with them

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's honestly really damn good, yeah.
I'm almost upset that people sold this show wrong to me, like, I thought Walter White was supposed to be a sympathetic character who simply started this mess to give his family money after the cancer diagnosis but nah he just ruins his life to feel like a big man while he still can, ****ing hell

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For the anniversary of the series, they should bring back Super Smash Bros Slamfest like they did with Nintendo World Championships.

They should post the original since it’s lost media currently. I’m sure Nintendo has it locked away somewhere as they are always pretty on point with preserving things.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I now know that I am unable to evolve Inkay in Pokémon Scarlet.

The A button on the only Joy-Cons that I have with gyro does not work, so navigating the menus is not possible.

Damn it. :glare:

Shroob

Sup?
I now know that I am unable to evolve Inkay in Pokémon Scarlet.

The A button on the only Joy-Cons that I have with gyro does not work, so navigating the menus is not possible.

Damn it. :glare:
Can't you just play in handheld and hold it upside down? That's how I did it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not that I am in a hurry for it, I just have to ask...

How early next month do you all think the next Nintendo Direct will come?

Top Bottom