• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright. I made this. Open to comments and suggestions. As long as they're not sarcastic mockings of the general idea and of it existing in the first place.
IMG_4834.png

I don’t see any new Pokémon…

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright. I made this. Open to comments and suggestions. As long as they're not sarcastic mockings of the general idea and of it existing in the first place.
One of your empty slots should go to Noah/Mio from the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 game, which is available now for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 381968

I don’t see any new Pokémon…
I won't say I avoided Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade on purpose, but those do kind of feel like series that will get a new character based on whatever is current. And who knows what will be current whenever this comes out. So I kind of just... wasn't sure what to do. Aside from maybe a Scream Tail echo fighter.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Who put “WBD in talk to merge with Paramount” on their bingo card today?

Because that’s what the news is saying

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who put “WBD in talk to merge with Paramount” on their bingo card today?

Because that’s what the news is saying
Nickelodeon merging with Cartoon Network? My two favorite childhood things coming together? I know it's bad from an economic standpoint but I would get very excited. As long as discovery doesn't **** it up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Paramount and Warner Bros discussion a merger together…****ing why tho

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The structures spells out 2010.

The year Black and White were released
Black and White were in 2010? I never payed attention to Pokemon back then but that feels... wrong. 2010 and beyond feels like the 3DS era. having the DS's defining Pokemon game come out in that decade feels wrong.

pursues knowledge

The 3DS didn't come out until 2011! WTF! Who the **** broke time!?!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Paramount and Warner Bros discussion a merger together…****ing why tho
From what I read, Zaslav is mostly interested in the Nickelodeon content (well, the more family friendly stuff), for WBD’s streaming strategy.
Or maybe Zaslav wants a way out I don’t know

Noipoi

Howdy!
Black and White were in 2010? I never payed attention to Pokemon back then but that feels... wrong. 2010 and beyond feels like the 3DS era. having the DS's defining Pokemon game come out in that decade feels wrong.

pursues knowledge

The 3DS didn't come out until 2011! WTF! Who the **** broke time!?!
Well B/W2 did get some **** at the time for not being on the 3DS.

Of course the 3DS’s Pokemon games would come literally one year later, but whatever.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From what I read, Zaslav is mostly interested in the Nickelodeon content (well, the more family friendly stuff), for WBD’s streaming strategy.
Zaslav creates a Disney level empire made of my favorite things then bails cause he just wants his money and not the responsibility of running it. If someone competent takes over after him, this could end up a positive.

Shroob

Sup?
Guess aside from getting the last few Legendaries(When I have free time), I gotta work on the special coaches.

....oh god I don't have room for these trades they're gonna have to be shipped off to Violet lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So the man is gonna pretty much drop the vast majority of the wealthy **** he owns just to be freed
Zaslav creates a Disney level empire made of my favorite things then bails cause he just wants his money and not the responsibility of running it. If someone competent takes over after him, this could end up a positive.
don’t see a positive…I do see tons of cuts going on however

There aren't any positive scenarios here
may the fears begin

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd like to know why TPC doesn't outsource a mainline game to Genius Sonority.

They know their way around those games.
Genius Sonority as it was in the 2000s unfortunately isn't a thing anymore. Much of their staff from that time has either left or were absorbed into GF, and the only thing they've worked on in the past five years is Pokemon Cafe Mix. There's no guarantee that them being handed the keys to a new Pokemon project would turn out like the Orre games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah I just expected them to announce it on Pokemon day, not a random day in December is all.
That’s why Pokémon day definitely going big.
in fact…
The structures spells out 2010.

The year Black and White were released
Yeah we 100% go back to Unova next year.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be entirely too optimistic about this being a positive if it is anything under David Zaslav.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That’s why Pokémon day definitely going big.
in fact…

Yeah we 100% go back to Unova next year.
Isn't there still that one Scar/Vio leak that's floating around that's like, 100% true, but also like... I can't see them dropping more DLC into a Pokemon game this late in the game's life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On December 29, Kotick is leaving Activision Blizzard, with Microsoft’s Matt Booty taking charge.
No other changes are reported.

Edit: Other executives of ABK will be leaving throughout the first three months of 2024

…can they get rid of the other monsters at ABK now please?
If Microsoft decided to not be overly "hands-off" as they've been called by insiders. I would hope they clean out the scumbags at the company at the very least.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Even if Zaslev wasn't in charge of WB, I'd rather not have more multi-corp mega mergers. Most major entertainment stuff is already owned by like 5 companies, do we really want to trim that down to like, 2 or 3?
We’ll trim it to 1.

The company will be named Buy-n-Large.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Interesting, interesting.. INTERESTING! https://gonintendo.com/contents/301...id-was-behind-the-smash-bros-3ds-roster-leaks

Now we might know some truth about how did the ESRB happen, apparently it was due to this parent's child who was messing around on internet and posted stuff around... so this 'my dad works for nintendo' is a real thing for this one leak.
The consequences of “my dad works for Nintendo”
That ex Nintendo worker was probably beyond pissed over his child ruining his career
Even if Zaslev wasn't in charge of WB, I'd rather not have more multi-corp mega mergers. Most major entertainment stuff is already owned by like 5 companies, do we really want to trim that down to like, 2 or 3?
Finna be real weird having Sony and Comcast own the only big Hollywood studios that aren’t merged to another (that is if Paramount and WB actually do end up fusing together)
We’ll trim it to 1.

The company will be named Buy-n-Large.
…and then Hollywood gets cooked to hell

Shroob

Sup?
Well what's the leak?
Basically was that the DLC's name was "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero", got the pre-order bonuses right, got the 2 cover Legendaries descriptions right "A mysterious Pokemon with a green Mask" and "A blue hexagonal turtle", a special Tera form(Stellar), the names of Walking Wake/Iron Valiant, and that there was going to be a 2nd DLC wave alongside a graphical enhancement for the Switch 2.

I'm very doubtful on that last part cause like, it got a LOT, and I mean a lot right, but I just can't see us getting a 2nd wave of DLC unless for whatever reason they want Gen 9 to be like, their stopgap game for awhile, which seems unlikely.

Top Bottom