• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Serebii is reporting that an epilogue to the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero comes out January 11.

Guess I better finish up Indigo Disk

Edit:

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Serebii is reporting that an epilogue to the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero comes out January 11.

Guess I better finish up Indigo Disk

Edit:
I'm guessing Pokémon day will be when we learn about the next games, whatever they may be.

Although I would actually be fine if we took a year off from Pokémon games so that they'll actually, you know, finish the next one before they ship it out but we all know that's not happening

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm guessing Pokémon day will be when we learn about the next games, whatever they may be.

Although I would actually be fine if we took a year off from Pokémon games so that they'll actually, you know, finish the next one before they ship it out but we all know that's not happening
I think Gamefreak will, I got a feeling they're gonna outsource it again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think Gamefreak will, I got a feeling they're gonna outsource it again.
Here’s the thing though, BDSP didn’t release by itself. It was marketed alongside Arceus at every step.

The game was made to almost function as a safety net. A safe, by the numbers, faithful remake of Gen 4 to keep the people wanting a traditional game happy while they worked on their new experiment. And to act as a plan B in case it didn’t work.

Not to say that they couldn’t just drop another faithful game and dip, because they absolutely could. But I do feel like something bigger might be coming.

I just hope it runs well :054:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here’s the thing though, BDSP didn’t release by itself. It was marketed alongside Arceus at every step.

The game was made to almost function as a safety net. A safe, by the numbers, faithful remake of Gen 4 to keep the people wanting a traditional game happy while they worked on their new experiment. And to act as a plan B in case it didn’t work.

Not to say that they couldn’t just drop another faithful game and dip, because they absolutely could. But I do feel like something bigger might be coming.

I just hope it runs well :054:
I mean yeah something bigger is probably coming... in 2025. I'm gonna guess rumored paradox Unova remakes are gonna be ILCA again, except this time they're doing something different instead of recreating it 1:1. And...

Actually has there been anything else rumored for Unova?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean yeah something bigger is probably coming... in 2025. I'm gonna guess rumored paradox Unova remakes are gonna be ILCA again, except this time they're doing something different instead of recreating it 1:1. And...

Considering how expensive the original cartridges are, it would be nice if they did SOMETHING to allow people to play the original games mostly unchanged story wise but with a few streamlinings from the modern era. But, you know, faithful=bad so.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering how expensive the original cartridges are, it would be nice if they did SOMETHING to allow people to play the original games mostly unchanged story wise but with a few streamlinings from the modern era. But, you know, faithful=bad so.
The problem wasn't that BDSP were just faithful
It's that they were faithful to the worst versions of Sinnoh. If they actually incorporated Platinum's QoL then people would be more receptive to them. You'd still have issues with being overly faithful when all prior remakes did more to update their respective games but at least they would be faithful to the best version of Sinnoh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The problem wasn't that BDSP were just faithful
It's that they were faithful to the worst versions of Sinnoh. If they actually incorporated Platinum's QoL then people would be more receptive to them. You'd still have issues with being overly faithful when all prior remakes did more to update their respective games but at least they would be faithful to the best version of Sinnoh.
Doesn't help that the tie in prequel they heavily promoted alongside it was a prequel to Platinum and not the games they chose to remake.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A sort of Pokémon Grey that’s an alternate take on the B/W story, though split into two versions because obviously.

It was said to be in the modern 3D style, but not open world. You still follow the usual routes but I guess they’d be expanded a bit for the third dimension. With overworld encounters and stuff like that.

Of course, take this all with massive grains of salt.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ever since ORAS, I’ve gotten that “holy **** I’m old” feeling with each Pokémon remake. It isn’t even a lot of time— the gap in years between original-to-remake is actually increasing compared to FR/LG hitting only 8 years after the original release.

But holy super duper ****, the thought of remaking a 2010 DS game gives me an even more intense aging feeling. Like I am embodying the one .gif from Saving Private Ryan :sakuraipower: or if you’re a weeaboo, MGS4 Snakes age camouflage gif

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The problem with BDSP's faithfulness is that it completely destroys any chance it had of forming a unique identity, something I can't say about any of the previous remakes. You might not like every change they made to ORAS but at least they helped it stand out from the original and give people a distinct yet familiar experience while also providing new players with a version of Hoenn they can play.

Now, PLA filled a similar niche and arguably being even better in that regard since it was basically a brand new experience with some easter eggs for old players thrown in. But that added context doesn't make BDSP look any better, it just makes it feel like even more of an anomaly because it just feels pointless

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, Drayton fight.

This one is the easiest so far, but I'm also in the level 80s when I started the Elite 4 in the low-mid 70s. But my trick room strat failed and now I'm losing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright, Drayton fight.

This one is the easiest so far, but I'm also in the level 80s when I started the Elite 4 in the low-mid 70s. But my trick room strat failed and now I'm losing.
Drayton was my wake up call. I lost to him pretty badly so I just leveled up my team a bit and came up with a new strat. He kicked my ass but I kicked back

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon dropping the Mythical event before Pokémon day, definitely implies Pokémon day is going to be big. It’s certainly revealing the next mainline game without question.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
On December 29, Kotick is leaving Activision Blizzard, with Microsoft’s Matt Booty taking charge.
No other changes are reported.

Edit: Other executives of ABK will be leaving throughout the first three months of 2024

…can they get rid of the other monsters at ABK now please?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Deluxe exclusive to Switch 2 (purchasable as a standalone title or as a software upgrade expansion for your backwards compatible original switch cartridge) with additional stages and characters (both echo fighters and original). The game also occasionally gets balance tweaks and updates which can significantly change base characters movesets. But only in Deluxe. Not in original Ultimate.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I really need to get into SoR proper but here's hoping Sega's gamble here actually pays off

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Black Truth and White Ideals or whatever could be a banger name tbh. Not sure I'd get them personally but ****, hoping for the best
Actually pretty S tier names.

I would not be surprised though if they deviate from black and white as a name entirely. Like maybe Yin-and Yang. Although that might be saved for a Chinese region at some point.

But either way my prediction is it’s a Unova game where Plasma never showed up and either some new team or the arrival of plasma in this timeline will happen.

The academy will be a full location and have the world tournament.

Pokestar Studios will not return because frankly Gamefreak don’t get to have fun like that anymore.

Story mixes both games, Orgin dragon is bought about by terra energy or something.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tried the Wonder Flower event in Super Mario Run. The only Wonder effect to be in seems to be in it is a coin rush, which makes a large wave of Golden Goombas to appear that also acts as coins.

Surprised that this game got any content update after years of none.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We're four and a half days away from it being Christmas and I haven't even begun to tackle wrapping my presents for everyone yet.

I do not enjoy wrapping presents.
Play some Christmas music in the background and use gift bags to save on time whenever possible. It helps considerably.

And trust me, getting an earlier start on wrapping gifts is better than doing it all at the last minute. I've been there, and it's not fun lmao.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Beat the Indigo Disk.

Ngl they were cooking at the end, I wish it was longer cause I was getting invested.

Also Brair not evil... but her obsession almost killed everyone so yeah I'm counting her as an antagonist.

Glad there's more after this, I wanna see what the epilouge has on store. Overall, Gen 9 may run like ****, but the games themselves were the complete opposite. Had a good time.

Top Bottom