• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of Pokémon:

There will be a distribution for the Metal Sound TM in Scarlet and Violet.

Because the materials for crafting it is exclusive to Violet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just realized NASB and Multiversus are gonna look real different if the merger happens

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the leak we got already answers this question.

if we go by the leak, they said switch 2 is out with DLC 2 and they have been programming a graphics update for it.

Which means the switch 2 is out by Christmas.

If that’s the case, the announcement would be around April of this year. A general direct could easily happen around then.

Drop the mystery dungeon game that may have been cut from this presentation, release it in June. ( or Earlier depending on the direct date).

That Carries out the franchise till the DLC. Drop Prime 4 as the holiday title and the first big game for Switch 2.

All of that I could see play out over the next few months. I’m probably wrong, but this lines up a lot with what we’ve heard over the last few months.
Basically was that the DLC's name was "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero", got the pre-order bonuses right, got the 2 cover Legendaries descriptions right "A mysterious Pokemon with a green Mask" and "A blue hexagonal turtle", a special Tera form(Stellar), the names of Walking Wake/Iron Valiant, and that there was going to be a 2nd DLC wave alongside a graphical enhancement for the Switch 2.

I'm very doubtful on that last part cause like, it got a LOT, and I mean a lot right, but I just can't see us getting a 2nd wave of DLC unless for whatever reason they want Gen 9 to be like, their stopgap game for awhile, which seems unlikely.
Huh, I forgot about that leak.
IMG_9247.jpeg

The consensus was that they were referring to the teal mask and indigo disk. And that the DLC 2 it mentions is the indigo disk.

My guess it’s probably real, but the switch 2 got delayed. Much like the OLED.

would explain why they never put any quality patches, but at the same time it is Gamefreak lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My manager keeps telling me that I need to play Fallout, saying I need to expand my horizons.

Can't say I'm actually interested in such.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Should I just put in spaces with the fire emblem, Pokémon, and Xenoblade series symbols or should I force myself to make more of a definitive decision?
Well the game's never gonna be real anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Just pick the ones you think are best suited for the role. Have fun :nifty:

Why do I have a feeling that SV Epilogue could last less than an hour?
Because it will.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Huh, I forgot about that leak.
View attachment 381973

The consensus was that they were referring to the teal mask and indigo disk. And that the DLC 2 it mentions is the indigo disk.

My guess it’s probably real, but the switch 2 got delayed. Much like the OLED.

would explain why they never put any quality patches, but at the same time it is Gamefreak lol
If that line is real, I hope it's more like they're optimizing the game to run better on the Switch 2 rather than actually trying to make it have a higher draw distance and the like.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If that line is real, I hope it's more like they're optimizing the game to run better on the Switch 2 rather than actually trying to make it have a higher draw distance and the like.
Most likely. I doubt we get a whole cart or game for it, but that it will just run better in certain ways on the switch 2.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why do I have a feeling that SV Epilogue could last less than an hour?
Well the game's never gonna be real anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Just pick the ones you think are best suited for the role. Have fun :nifty:

Because it will.
It’s about half an hour it seems. Or at least the playthrough of the event was a half hour video on YouTube.

Shroob

Sup?
I just hope beyond hope that the Epilogue is just, part of the game and not a mystery gift exclusive thing.

It'd be soo damn ****ty to be like "Here's the epilogue to the story! Hope you play during this specific time period!"

Make it like the Delta Episode.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just hope beyond hope that the Epilogue is just, part of the game and not a mystery gift exclusive thing.

It'd be soo damn ****ty to be like "Here's the epilogue to the story! Hope you play during this specific time period!"

I think it's a software update, they usually specify if it's a mystery gift.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright. I made this. Open to comments and suggestions. As long as they're not sarcastic mockings of the general idea and of it existing in the first place.
How would the Champions work? (would you switch between them like Pokemon Trainer/Pyra and Mythra, or would you play as one and summon the others for specials?)

Eggman's a great choice for a second Sonic character, and Shadow makes sense as an echo fighter.

If you're adding more echo fighters, what about Jeanne from Bayonetta? (I realize Bayonetta's an addition to Smash that can get some people up in arms; not sure if you're one of them, but Jeanne plays almost identically to Bayonetta in the original games, with the only differences being that the timing for her Witch Time is tighter and her Wicked Weaves do more damage)

Not sure if you forgot Corrin or intentionally left them out. Also, I like how Wario's default is his Wario Land/classic costume while Robin's default is the female version.

Going by Dixie's placement, would she be an echo fighter for Diddy? (and if so, would she be a Chrom or Ken-style echo fighter where a few specials or regular moves are different?)

I like most of your new unique characters, with Cranky and Doomguy being highlights. (though I'd love to see Geno, Crash, and Rayman in Smash - it's just that Cranky and Doomguy were less expected) Not sure if putting Goku at the end was just for the sake of memes ("GOKU'S IN SMASH! But not that one") or if there's legitimate potential there. I'm a bit more iffy on Space Invaders or Angry Birds, though I can see why they'd be added.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How would the Champions work? (would you switch between them like Pokemon Trainer/Pyra and Mythra, or would you play as one and summon the others for specials?)

Eggman's a great choice for a second Sonic character, and Shadow makes sense as an echo fighter.

If you're adding more echo fighters, what about Jeanne from Bayonetta? (I realize Bayonetta's an addition to Smash that can get some people up in arms; not sure if you're one of them, but Jeanne plays almost identically to Bayonetta in the original games, with the only differences being that the timing for her Witch Time is tighter and her Wicked Weaves do more damage)

Not sure if you forgot Corrin or intentionally left them out.

Going by Dixie's placement, would she be an echo fighter for Diddy? (and if so, would she be a Chrom or Ken-style echo fighter where a few specials or regular moves are different?)

I like most of your new unique characters, with Cranky and Doomguy being highlights. (though I'd love to see Geno, Crash, and Rayman in Smash - it's just that Cranky and Doomguy were less expected) Not sure if putting Goku at the end was just for the sake of memes ("GOKU'S IN SMASH! But not that one") or if there's legitimate potential there. I'm a bit more iffy on Space Invaders or Angry Birds, though I can see why they'd be added.
BoTW Zelda is in the back with a Sheikah Slate and she's using that to switch the Champion you play as ans let them use it's powers like in Age of Calamity.

I've thought about Jeanne. But I'm not sure Bayonetta really needs more than one fighter. Feels like we'ed be doing her just because we could.

I did forget Corrin. Thank you for teminding me.

Dixie is a Diddy style Echo. Her only different special is the up special, which is her helicopter hair thing. Tropical Freeze gave her her own popgun so that's covered. And Diddy doesn't have the tail based moves in Ultimate anymore.

Goku was mostly for memes but I also legit like those characters from those old famicom text adventures and wish they were more prevelant. And he does have legit potential.

I've thought about how Angry Birds and Space Invaders would both work and have multiple ideas. But I'm not here to start a support thread.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I think it's a software update, they usually specify if it's a mystery gift.
Do I have some bad news for you.

This epilogue is only available if you have the dlc and requires the mystery gift item of the mythic pecha berry.

So yeah not only can you not play it if you don’t have the dlc.

Also you need an item that will probably be around for awhile but still limited

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash 100 percent needs to move away from the starters as representations.

There’s at least 10 Pokémon that rise in popularity per Gen and all would be super unique additions to the game. More so than any starter could give us.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

This epilogue is only available if you have the dlc and requires the mystery gift item of the mythic pecha berry.

Then it's a matter of how long cause some Mystery Gifts last for a very long time.

Shroob

Sup?

Something to note though is that the last 3 Coaches are locked behind completing it, so even though I think it's likely to be Mystery Gift, I can't imagine that it'd be a super limited time since, you kinda need it to finish the Indigo Disc.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Something to note though is that the last 3 Coaches are locked behind completing it, so even though I think it's likely to be Mystery Gift, I can't imagine that it'd be a super limited time since, you kinda need it to finish the Indigo Disc.
Some mystery gifts are infinite too, the Zarude and Charizard one in SwSh still ongoing as long as you have a code.

Top Bottom