• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jenna dropping out of Scream 7 is completely reasonable

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, no offense but what the hell?
Legally you're an adult if you're over 18. But I'm 24 and I don't feel like an adult. And the brain isn't fully developed until you're 27. The DS came out in 2004. That's not even 20 years ago. The people born after it was released are just barely adults, and only by the most generous definition.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Disney's Wish apparently isn't doing particularly well with critics so far. In fact, it's apparently got the worst score on Rotten Tomatoes for a Disney film (or at least an animated Disney film) in two decades.

Regardless of how good the film actually, it's kind of a shame to see since while I was a bit iffy about the film's quality based on the previews, the premise absolutely has potential and the villain actually looked interesting. I'm still gonna check it out, but it's a shame to see early reception to it hasn't exactly been very positive.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Disney's Wish apparently isn't doing particularly well with critics so far. In fact, it's apparently got the worst score on Rotten Tomatoes for a Disney film (or at least an animated Disney film) in two decades.

Regardless of how good the film actually, it's kind of a shame to see since while I was a bit iffy about the film's quality based on the previews, the premise absolutely has potential and the villain actually looked interesting. I'm still gonna check it out, but it's a shame to see early reception to it hasn't exactly been very positive.
I actually saw it today.

I think it was cute. Nothing incredible, and the references were pretty heavy handed, but I found it enjoyable enough.

I can understand why someone might not like it, but I was surprised at just how much people seem to hate it. It really wasn’t that bad imo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The rest of the cast are gone for sure. They gonna have to sell the rights at this point
or they can just reverse their firing decision and try to act as if they didn’t play a bias card? Idk if it’s possible since they seem really determined to follow their reasoning

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
SEGA vs. Capcom fighting game when?
As a very small, teeny-weeny suggestion:
They should not include Sonic or any cartoony character from both companies (if Capcom had any other Scrimblo franchise outside of Mega Man (as in the Classic series) or Ghosts 'n Goblins on their dungeon i mean, library/portfolio of abandoned IPs).

It worked with Project X Zone after all.

Or just include a stage from the Sonic series. Like Green Hill Zone on Dengeki Bunko Climax (developed by French-Bread, the Under Night and Melty Blood guys).

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If the 18+ Nintendo Switch Online service actually grows, I don't feel it will expand beyond Nintendo 64.

Very sure there isn't enough noteworthy mature games on the other 5 consoles.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If the 18+ Nintendo Switch Online service actually grows, I don't feel it will expand beyond Nintendo 64.

Very sure there isn't enough noteworthy mature games on the other 5 consoles.
I'm not sure there are even any M-rated games on the Game Boy period. Nintendo was worried about having a South Park game on the system alongside its creators so that was canceled, and the GTA and Mortal Kombat ports are rated T.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0844.jpeg

Melissa’s first message post Scream 7 firing

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not sure there are even any M-rated games on the Game Boy period. Nintendo was worried about having a South Park game on the system alongside its creators so that was canceled, and the GTA and Mortal Kombat ports are rated T.
Technically the South Park game for GBC wasn't completely canceled. It was reworked into a Mary-Kate and Ashley game in US and a Maya the Bee game in Europe.

And a prototype of the original South Park game leaked online.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As a very small, teeny-weeny suggestion:
They should not include Sonic or any cartoony character from both companies (if Capcom had any other Scrimblo franchise outside of Mega Man (as in the Classic series) or Ghosts 'n Goblins on their dungeon i mean, library/portfolio of abandoned IPs).

It worked with Project X Zone after all.

Or just include a stage from the Sonic series. Like Green Hill Zone on Dengeki Bunko Climax (developed by French-Bread, the Under Night and Melty Blood guys).
I disagree very heavily. Sega has gotta include characters from franchises like Sonic, Nights, Alex Kidd, Billy Hatcher, Vectorman, etc.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I disagree very heavily. Sega has gotta include characters from franchises like Sonic, Nights, Alex Kidd, Billy Hatcher, Vectorman, etc.
I think they're being sarcastic, they complain a lot about the more realistic character approach in PxZ.

Personally when it comes to a SEGA roster I'd want it to have a nice variety of stuff from across eras - I'm not a fan of when ppl fill up their rosters with a million Genesis one-offs, so I think it'd be good to have a better balance of stuff from not just that console, but also arcades, the Saturn, Dreamcast, their third-party era, a roster that more fully represents SEGA's wider output. I'd also personally like the picks to lean more Japanese, just because I think that's the more interesting and varied perspective on SEGA's history, and I didn't like how biased All-Stars Racing was towards the more mascot-styled characters - though I certainly wouldn't take those out of the running entirely if I were in charge either. A good balance is key.

this approach I'd take is also why I really don't understand the idea that SEGA has gotta add characters like Billy and Vectorman when I personally find them to be very minor characters in the grander SEGA library but that's neither here nor there

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Some light has been shed on the ARMS graphic novel that was quietly canceled a long time ago

1700701990429.png

I'm still pissed off that it never came to full fruition. All we have for ARMS prints is its preview comic and the Japan only ARMS Sugo Ude Gag Fight manga.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Some light has been shed on the ARMS graphic novel that was quietly canceled a long time ago

View attachment 380940

I'm still pissed off that it never came to full fruition. All we have for ARMS prints is its preview comic and the Japan only ARMS Sugo Ude Gag Fight manga.
I guess it's just within ARMs reach, huh?

Top Bottom