• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At least they should've done them like what was done with Daggett and Norbert.
Not every duo's gonna be Pyra/Mythra. That'd take too much time even for Smash, it was lucky their body shapes were similar enough to share animations.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not every duo's gonna be Pyra/Mythra. That'd take too much time even for Smash, it was lucky their body shapes were similar enough to share animations.
Ok true.

I just wonder why Rocksteady over Bebop. Is there something about Rocksteady that makes him special over Bebop?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think they should have just been an assist trophy. But this game doesn’t even have them. It’s just roster or background.
Just a quick note regarding background, Rep said on X that being a background character does not, never has, and never will deconfirm a character from being playable.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ok true.

I just wonder why Rocksteady over Bebop. Is there something about Rocksteady that makes him special over Bebop?
I dunno. The devs just have a thing for Rocksteady in particular since they were initially considering him over Shredder.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just a quick note regarding background, Rep said on X that being a background character does not, never has, and never will deconfirm a character from being playable.
That’s not why I brought up the topic but yes I know this. I just feel like assist trophies could help them get some of their sillier, memeier, stupider ideas out of their system without putting them on the main roster and without limiting them to glorified set dressing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That’s not why I brought up the topic but yes I know this. I just feel like assist trophies could help them get some of their sillier, memeier, stupider ideas out of their system without putting them on the main roster and without limiting them to glorified set dressing.
The campaign mode shows that NPC characters will have some effect on the gameplan beyond stage cameos but I wouldn't expect anything crazy.

Assist Trophies are time/money consuming and they shouldn't be standard just because of Smash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think they legitimately want them to be playable alongside the Jimmies and El Tigres that need Ludosity to fight for them as well.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, but given the number of NPCs in the story mode, I’m surprised they got the actors back or new actors if it’s not just reused lines
Credits say the NPCs are the original actors

But yeah considering GIR wasn't voiced in 1 even after the VA update, and Kart Racers 3 didn't have voice clips for Pit Crew members, that is surprising.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man Nick Brawl is a project I wish I had some degree of authority over. There are so many changes I want implemented to like… every aspect of it. And it’s really been frustrating me.

Also I left the other forum I was partaking in to talk about MK because discussions around MK1 are like bad. Even if their points about the game’s monetization are correct I didn’t ask for the sexism and homophobia.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Man Nick Brawl is a project I wish I had some degree of authority over. There are so many changes I want implemented to like… every aspect of it. And it’s really been frustrating me.
Honestly I feel sorry for Ludosity and FPL. They WANTED to please the internet by adding Jimmy, Squidward, El Tigre, the Beavers, and Zuko...only to create many more complaints. Ones that are too out of their reach to fulfill.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I feel sorry for Ludosity and FPL. They WANTED to please the internet by adding Jimmy, Squidward, El Tigre, the Beavers, and Zuko...only to create many more complaints. Ones that are too out of their reach to fulfill.
I mean, I understand that the real problems are with GameMill and Nick not giving enough time and money to either project. If I could do-over I'd combine both 1 and 2 into one big budget and development timescale. And that's all corporate. But there are a few problems that are totally within the power of the decisions the dev team could make that I'm also not satisfied with and I'm gonna file those complaints too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Credits say the NPCs are the original actors

But yeah considering GIR wasn't voiced in 1 even after the VA update, and Kart Racers 3 didn't have voice clips for Pit Crew members, that is surprising.
Do we know who Clockwork's VA is? Since David Carradine passed away.
Not sure but guy might know based on their above post.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m gonna be the only person to feel confused over why NASB had 87 Shredder be voiced by Jim Cummings when Kevin Michael Richardson didn’t perfect James Avery Shredder impersonation in the 2012 series

that and I’ll be stuck wondering between NASB, Multiversus, and CNPTE, which game had the weirdest selection of characters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’m gonna be the only person to feel confused over why NASB had 87 Shredder be voiced by Jim Cummings when Kevin Michael Richardson didn’t perfect James Avery Shredder impersonation in the 2012 series
Cummings was already signed on to voice Cat, and already had a history of being a backup Shredder for the 80s cartoon.
Not sure but guy might know based on their above post.
I don't.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I was hoping for April to have her VA from Shredder's Revenge, to make reference to other Nick games.
But then remembered that it was made in Canada.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

that and I’ll be stuck wondering between NASB, Multiversus, and CNPTE, which game had the weirdest selection of characters
CNPTE had a pretty alright lineup. They were only allowed to use those 11 shows specifically (I followed the game’s development as a kid) and they made a lot of good descisions with what to do with the resources they had.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Be careful everyone I found a spooky image that makes my large intestine rupture with terror
View attachment 379967aaah it's fredy fasbera
Also the randomly high number of guests are back. Hello.

Mods, you can crucify me for double posting. I don't care. We have Deltarune news.

Toby changed his mind, he's not releasing Chapter 5 with 3 and 4. The good news - knock on wood, those two chapters might be out by this time next year (tobias vulpine said nothing to confirm this I'm just speculating)
This gif is glorious.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t understand how they can do Rocksteady without Bebop. I also don’t understand why they’re doing him at all.
Ok true.

Probably for more archetype coverage. Not a lot of heavyweights in the game atm. Also apparently Rocksteady was planned for the first game before being replaced with Shredder so he’s clearly a favorite of the devs

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0634.jpeg
all this time and I ain’t ever notice

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably for more archetype coverage. Not a lot of heavyweights in the game atm. Also apparently Rocksteady was planned for the first game before being replaced with Shredder so he’s clearly a favorite of the devs
But like... they're a duo? Also there's nothing you could do with one that you couldn't do with the other, at least in the 87 show, so they could get away with them being an Olimar/Alph deal IMHO. But if they were doing that they would market it that way.

Top Bottom