• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Seems like all traces of the forbidden Twitter post have been nuked off the web.

Dang.
Still seeing it pop up in Discord meme channels. You know, since those things are used for yar-harring movies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, thank God. I was afraid of that.

3D World, for as wonderful as it was, was a ***** to complete for that very reason.
See. That’s one thing I liked about Sonic Superstars. It was short and fun enough (and the characters played differently enough) that I beat it with everyone. But Mario Wonder looks like you just pick your favorite and you’re in for the long ass haul.

Noipoi

Howdy!
See. That’s one thing I liked about Sonic Superstars. It was short and fun enough (and the characters played differently enough) that I beat it with everyone. But Mario Wonder looks like you just pick your favorite and you’re in for the long ass haul.
...I don't understand what your problem is, exactly?

The option to change your character is there any time, you're not forced to stick with one character through the whole game. I personally alternated between every character every few levels, because that was fun for me.

And I dunno what you mean by "Long ass haul. The game is pretty breezy, I beat Bowser in a weekend. I honestly wish it was longer because it's just that good.

I'm refraining from writing this post off as simple haterism because I can tell you're trying to make a point, but I dunno what it is. Explain :100:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...I don't understand what your problem is, exactly?

The option to change your character is there any time, you're not forced to stick with one character through the whole game. I personally alternated between every character every few levels, because that was fun for me.

And I dunno what you mean by "Long ass haul. The game is pretty breezy, I beat Bowser in a weekend. I honestly wish it was longer because it's just that good.

I'm refraining from writing this post off as simple haterism because I can tell you're trying to make a point, but I dunno what it is. Explain :100:
The only real point I was trying to make was about how the characters all play identically unless they’re baby mode. But other than that I have no real issue.

I, personally, would like some incentive to switch characters other than preference. Different playstyles and a short game Length does that for me. Mario wonder builds its gameplay differently and that’s fine. But that means I’m probably only gonna play it once, only as Peach, and not touch it again until I get the urge again in a couple years.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only real point I was trying to make was about how the characters all play identically unless they’re baby mode. But other than that I have no real issue.

I, personally, would like some incentive to switch characters other than preference. Different playstyles and a short game Length does that for me. Mario wonder builds its gameplay differently and that’s fine. But that means I’m probably only gonna play it once, only as Peach, and not touch it again until I get the urge again in a couple years.
Alright, fair enough. Different strokes and all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am curious. Is there any incentive to do multiple playthroughs with multiple characters?
thankfully no, so you can enjoy Super Daisy Wonder forever and ever (even if you were to skip those unholy secret levels)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright back home, time to ramble about Har Har Bear and Friends
This movie was just leaving me desiring for more, and not in a good way. The story was just eh, I did not care for the custody battle and it feels like it took more precedence than actual FNAF stuff. That was the entire 1st half of the movie and it sucked balls. There was a scene where Freddy and his gang straight up mauled a bunch of ransackers, that **** ruled and is what I wanted to see. But then it was back to the custody stuff. The actual FNAF stuff is so far and few between, like for most of it it was either lore dumps in the form visions from Mike or Abby or just lore dumbs from Vanessa. The actual FNAF stuff happens at the end of the movie and it ruled there too.

The worst part imo were the characters. I liked Abby, but Mike was just a complete ****, Vanessa was unbelievably frustrating, the Aunt should have not been a character and, William Afton may as well not been a character cause he had like 5 minutes of screentime. The animatronics were cool though. Springtrap-Afton was there for like 4 minutes and all he does is stab Vanessa and then die (the springlock scene was pretty cool tho). Just wasted potential imo, especially with Matthew Lilliard like you cast him and then don't use him. Be fr.

The Balloon Boy jumpscares were pretty funny tho. The movie ends on a cliffhanger on if Vanessa will survive but lets be real she will survive and will marry Mike in FNAF 2 because it's so obvious she was meant to be a love interest the moment she was introduced.

Edit: I do want to be on the record that the playtime-fort scene was wholesome and I did like that.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Victor Timely instantly dying to the intense time radiation is the moment that births Kang the Conqueror and his variants including He Who Remains.
That's what I'm saying! Basically, I think Timely's spaghettification led to his influence being spread across the timeline. He might not physically come back, but I think his knowledge of the multiverse and the TVA is going to be inserted into all the other kangs, kickstarting the council and the start of the prophecized multiverse war.

and I know i already mentioned this but I can't get over how ****ing Gaster this is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy ****…

after the second MJ mission, Spider-Man 2 just becomes perfection. Every story chapter is amazing. The acting and stakes are so good. I’m heading into the last bit of story and it’s been a wild ride.

One of the best Spider-Man experiences you can have.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Starting world 6 in Wonder and I'll be real, it's fun but not nearly as magical as everyone makes it out to be, I kinda wish you could have 3 badges or something instead of just one at a time
It's less magical and more ao a much needed change of pace from NSMB.

But also it's just whimsical fun that feels nostalgic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's what I'm saying! Basically, I think Timely's spaghettification led to his influence being spread across the timeline. He might not physically come back, but I think his knowledge of the multiverse and the TVA is going to be inserted into all the other kangs, kickstarting the council and the start of the prophecized multiverse war.

and I know i already mentioned this but I can't get over how ****ing Gaster this is.
And then all of that will lead into Kang Dynasty and possibly Secret Wars (unless Doom did some cool ****). Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if the multiversal ride the Avengers Campus is working on plays a role in things as well, maybe even the Spider-Verse has some interesting elements for Peter 1’s pov of all of this (assuming he’s in the 5th movie to begin with)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know, there's enough material in FNaF to make a Dead by Daylight clone. Somebody should get on that!

Just don't make it cannon please.
I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next Dead By Daylight chapter was Five Nights At Freddy's. (it's a killer-only chapter that's coming out some time in the next month or so, the timing seems right given the FNAF movie, and Blumhouse is involved with the FNAF movie and the upcoming Dead By Daylight movie - then again, these sort of coincidences have turned out to be way off when it comes to Smash speculation)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next Dead By Daylight chapter was Five Nights At Freddy's. (it's a killer-only chapter that's coming out some time in the next month or so, the timing seems right given the FNAF movie, and Blumhouse is involved with the FNAF movie and the upcoming Dead By Daylight movie - then again, these sort of coincidences have turned out to be way off when it comes to Smash speculation)
While that would be cool, I want something that can use the whole FNaF cast. Not just like one animatronic (or just the core four if we're lucky).

Also, and this is just a small thing, but I really wish Dead by Daylight had a Killer vs. Killer mode. Fulfill all your Freddy vs. Jason fantasies.

But yeah. I want FNaF to do a Dead by Daylight clone, a Kart racer, a Mario Party clone, a 2D platformer (like Mario, not like Freddy in Space), and a real proper Tycoon game (more than just the bare bones section in 6).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beat Super Mario Bros. Wonder
It was an absolute joy from beginning to end, It felt like a new beginning for the Mario series. Everything everyone said about this game was true.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate the way my obsession train shifts from topic to topic in a way that's not conducive to current trends. It would be so great if there was always a wealth of new stuff for me to consume whenever the train tracks in my mind changed but there usually isn't. So I just end up going around and around the same ideas and points again and again till I'm sick of my own brain. How do you deal with the silence?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0604.jpeg

Full Moon update is a sneak peak of the Reload concept art exclusive to the digital deluxe

Top Bottom