• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
From what I remember, Ursaluna didn't leak until the HOME leak happened, so it wouldn't surprise me if this new Kleavor doesn't either.

I'd like it to just be normal Kleavor which would mean that we could just evolve Scyther into it in SV, but considering it's the only Hisui mon in the dex...
Well we had Khu leak it, but I’m referring to the 8 slots everyone’s been debating.

Does blood moon form take one of those slots
?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nick probably wanted the Hey Arnold Grandma to try and artificially drum up hype like Hugh did in the first game, difference is, no one asked for the Hey Arnold Grandma so if feels weird. I don't think it's THAT big of a deal, but if you liked Helga, I can see why you'd be pissed I guess.

I don't know why these ****** couldn't just kept Leo and Mikey if the rumors are true. The biggest missing spot in the first game was Raph and Donnie, and now the make the same exact mistake in the opposite direction, after ANOTHER successful TMNT game has all 4 and a new movie came out? Why?

As for the earlier comment on "no cuts ever" I'm not entirely one way or the other on that. I feel like with Smash, unless it gets a follow up to Ultimate, I'd be fine with some characters getting the axe. But it's mostly the third party characters I'd want to keep and the villains. I feel like we don't have to worry about Mario or Link or Samus, y'know. Personally I wouldn't miss Corrin or Wii Fit Trainer, but I would miss R.O.B or Mr.Game and Watch. It's just how subjective things like this tend to work out.

Multiverses could cut like half the ****** they made already and I wouldn't care. It ain't Scorp and Sub-Zero or Samurai Jack.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NASB2 is most likely getting completely overshadowed by the remaining games this year anyways, so I guess them adding and cutting whoever they want won’t affect much

and Multiversus…hurry yo ass up and rebuild your reputation

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
NASB2 is most likely getting completely overshadowed by the remaining games this year anyways, so I guess them adding and cutting whoever they want won’t affect much
You're right. However, fighting games live and die by the roster before anything so if NASB2 roster sucks then... that's wraps.
and Multiversus…hurry yo ass up and rebuild your reputation
I still have a feeling it's done for good. Unless they pull a No Man's Sky and 180 the reception.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASB2 roster sucks
Considering the newcomers who AREN'T Gertie, I wouldn't exactly say the roster sucks...but then you remember that there's still only 2 playable turtles despite the context behind Red and Purple's demand. And some friends I'm desperate to play a platform fighter featuring SpongeBob with are likely not gonna wanna if there's no more Powdered Toast Man.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really hope they add the cut vets back as dlc. I’d pay for it. Or at least promise to bring everyone back in the third game and not remake all their assets again. I’m not even 100% attached to all the characters, it’s not like I want EVERYONE back. But the only characters I would cut are Lucy, Nigel, Hugh, Gertie, and the yet to be officially revealed Gerald. So… i would probably be crucified for those decisions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're right. However, fighting games live and die by the roster before anything so if NASB2 roster sucks then... that's wraps.

I still have a feeling it's done for good. Unless they pull a No Man's Sky and 180 the reception.
The game is 100% coming back.

It made way too much money, and most people enjoyed the gameplay and had bigger issues with content and release schedule.

Polish up the few weak points of gameplay and put your efforts towards the rest and you’d do pretty well at relaunching.

Now it might not last and stick around, but it will come back again.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The game is 100% coming back.

It made way too much money, and most people enjoyed the gameplay and had bigger issues with content and release schedule.

Polish up the few weak points of gameplay and put your efforts towards the rest and you’d do pretty well at relaunching.

Now it might not last and stick around, but it will come back again.
It's not getting the same level of prerelease hype that NASB1 got, and that was before we started worrying there were 11 cuts. There are plenty of people who act like it's gonna be an itemless, voiceless, SP content-less game, and/or paying $50 for it is somehow an even bigger scam than $70 for the annual Madden.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
last new Spider-Verse release for a long while

Noipoi

Howdy!
Personally I think the concept of having Steve and Blue from Blues Clues fits the criteria. But for something that’s undoubtedly a joke character, how about Cynthia from Rugrats to complement Reptar? Also Pickboy. Does anyone remember Pickboy?
Fvk1Oe-akAA3bzy.jpg

See, none of this really screams joke character to me. Steve and Blue, Angelica, they'd both probably be rather straightforward characters. The only thing silly about them would be the fact that they're either from a preschool show or a literal preschooler. A joke fighter is someone who's entire existence is goofy as ****, I.E., Nigel Thornberry and Hugh Neutron.

I have no idea what a Pickboy is so, no comment.

Motion denied. The council has spoken.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 377903

See, none of this really screams joke character to me. Steve and Blue, Angelica, they'd both probably be rather straightforward characters. The only thing silly about them would be the fact that they're either from a preschool show or a literal preschooler. A joke fighter is someone who's entire existence is goofy as ****, I.E., Nigel Thornberry and Hugh Neutron.

No. Not Angelica. Cynthia. Her Barbie parody doll.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 377903

Pickboy is a fictional superhero esque host of multiple Nick Blocks during the networks run. I'm also pretty sure he is played by the guy who went on to run Brain Surge too iirc.
1695080620426.png
If you want a good joke character

Stick Stickly is right there.

View attachment 377905
I'll do you one better:
1695080679538.png

It works too, because they were going to have their own show originally, and a pilot was put out.

Shroob

Sup?
Pickboy is a fictional superhero esque host of multiple Nick Blocks during the networks run. I'm also pretty sure he is played by the guy who went on to run Brain Surge too iirc.

I'll do you one better:
View attachment 377908

It works too, because they were going to have their own show originally, and a pilot was put out.
Images you can hear.

Reactions: Z25

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

I'll do you one better:
View attachment 377908

the pilot was from the dinosaurs on the tv (the number 1 nickelodeon song), not the fruits.
source: MIAMI ME LO CONFIRMO!!!!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It is true that the roster is the important factor in its life, but it’s gonna be doomed regardless (or at the least make enough money for a sequel, but still be forgotten cause how would this game handle 2 Mario games, Spider-Man, Sonic, and another Persona 5 within a short timespan? Unless they dropped the game in December)

As for Multiversus…maybe the F2P route won’t be that helpful. Perhaps a full purchase and a story or arcade mode, alongside the ability to play the game offline instead of being stuck online, would help its reputation when they return next year. Plus, at least it isn’t like SSKTJL
If you want a good joke character
Stick Stickly is right there.
View attachment 377905
What a perfectly normal monkey. I hope there isn't a third eye or something hiding behind that N in Productions.
Hello Paul
I'm traumatized
it’s Splaat’s time to shine y’all
1695080628167.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
the pilot was from the dinosaurs on the tv (the number 1 nickelodeon song), not the fruits.
source: MIAMI ME LO CONFIRMO!!!!!
Hmmm, I cant find evidence of either atm actually. I could of sworn it was the fruits though. They were working at a Tv station, and it was kinda regular show esque.Where their boss would always be threatening to fire them, but they were always out trying to get scoops to make it big or something like that.

I'd have to search through way too many lost media videos to find the definitive answer though.

Shroob

Sup?
It is true that the roster is the important factor in its life, but it’s gonna be doomed regardless (or at the least make enough money for a sequel, but still be forgotten cause how would this game handle 2 Mario games, Spider-Man, Sonic, and another Persona 5 within a short timespan? Unless they dropped the game in December)

As for Multiversus…maybe the F2P route won’t be that helpful. Perhaps a full purchase and a story or arcade mode, alongside the ability to play the game offline instead of being stuck online, would help its reputation when they return next year. Plus, at least it isn’t like SSKTJL

it’s Splaat’s time to shine y’all
View attachment 377907
Klasky Csupo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We need a Bowser game.

Yeah we had Inside Story, and it was awesome, but we need a game where Bowser is the sole main character. Maybe another army starts encroaching on the Mushroom Kingdom and he needs to mark his territory.
I have an idea for how that would work. Basically there are parts of it where you're doing a tactics game commanding troops on the battlefeild, parts of it where you're city managing and building new Koopa Kingdom Castles/Fortresses/Airships etc, and part of it where you have on foot missions as Bowser where he just wrecks **** up. I imagine this format being able to be used for multiple video game villains, kind of like Mystery Dungeon.

Top Bottom