• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From what I know they say its a muscular character so it could be either He-Man or Conan. Kotal Khan is in the group with those two.

Between the two. Conan would fit more into Mortal Kombat. I'd think if they'd use a He-Man character it'd be Skeletor.
you’re getting Kevin Smith He-Man and you’re gonna love it

Noipoi

Howdy!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No but really.

Teal Mask's main story takes like, an hour max.

How the **** are they going to conclude the main game's plotline involving Terrastilization, the Kitakami plotline with Kieran, and this new Blueberry Academy plotline while apparently also having ****ING ZOMBIES???
The three rivals will be invited directly by the headmaster for vague reasons.

over the course of their academy stay, cyrano becomes increasingly suspicious.

Kieran and his sister trigger something at the school ( I got no idea of what their story is as I haven’t played it yet lmao)

This prompts everyone to return to area zero. It’s revealed Nemona’s family have been illegally mining Area Zero with Cyrano. It’s what allowed the school to be built. The school runs on terra energy.

Their activity pisses off the peach Pokémon that actually brings nightmares to life, as opposed to terrapolgos who brings dreams to life. It followed Kieran’s angst.

That’s how Arvens dead parents come back as zombies. Making him the one to face it head on this time as opposed to the player.

Nemona breaks away from her family and puts an end to their power.

Penny uses team star to protect the ecosystem of area zero from future corruptions.

Franklin the turtle is revealed to be the reason why the paradoxes exist. Calming it down puts an end to epidemic but leads to paradoxes existing indefinitely.

Then Cheren shows up and goes “Ok Kieran and his sister, it’s me your brother. Let’s
Home! .”

Then he faces the camera and goes “this surely will be Pokémon Legends Kyreum 2024”

Shroob

Sup?
The three rivals will be invited directly by the headmaster for vague reasons.

over the course of their academy stay, cyrano becomes increasingly suspicious.

Kieran and his sister trigger something at the school ( I got no idea of what their story is as I haven’t played it yet lmao)

This prompts everyone to return to area zero. It’s revealed Nemona’s family have been illegally mining Area Zero with Cyrano. It’s what allowed the school to be built. The school runs on terra energy.

Their activity pisses off the peach Pokémon that actually brings nightmares to life, as opposed to terrapolgos who brings dreams to life. It followed Kieran’s angst.

That’s how Arvens dead parents come back as zombies. Making him the one to face it head on this time as opposed to the player.

Nemona breaks away from her family and puts an end to their power.

Penny uses team star to protect the ecosystem of area zero from future corruptions.

Franklin the turtle is revealed to be the reason why the paradoxes exist. Calming it down puts an end to epidemic but leads to paradoxes existing indefinitely.

Then Cheren shows up and goes “Ok Kieran and his sister, it’s me your brother. Let’s
Home! .”

Then he faces the camera and goes “this surely will be Pokémon Legends Kyreum 2024”
Well, a minor spoiler but in Teal Mask, they say that Terrastilization has started to spread to other regions, which is why it's in Kitakami. Thatt, and Briar is TOTALLY the villain. She just happens to have a completely unedited manuscript of the Scarlet/Violet book, is Heath's descendant and has an unhealthy obsession with Area Zero/Terrastilization.... That, and the blatantly evil eyes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, a minor spoiler but in Teal Mask, they say that Terrastilization has started to spread to other regions, which is why it's in Kitakami. Thatt, and Briar is TOTALLY the villain. She just happens to have a completely unedited manuscript of the Scarlet/Violet book, is Heath's descendant and has an unhealthy obsession with Area Zero/Terrastilization.... That, and the blatantly evil eyes.
I am still kinda on the briar bad train. But if we believe the datamine battleable trainers, briar is not there iirc.

So if there’s no fight with her, how is she a villain? Sure the data could be incomplete, but Gamefreak is usually bad at scrubbing things anyway.

I wonder if she’s a red herring, because cyrano does have a battle programmed in.

That whole terraziation spread could apply to my theory though if Cyrano or Nemona’s parents being involved in exporting resources from AZ. Only certain minds were implied to be able to create the crystals needed, so if someone is responsible, it’s probably going to be a villain manipulating them. Leading to a hard reset so Gamefreak can explain why Terra types are gone next game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dry Bowser is a separate, spiritual entity. Born from Bowser's malice, his unending drive to defeat Mario, and his general hateration.

What? You thought he just regrew his skin each time?
The thing is, up until now (and 2023 in general considering the Koopa Troopa that got burnt into being a Dry Bones), I’ve never genuinely thought about Mario lore that deeply. At this point I’m just letting my mind be blown and accept the fact that I should’ve questioned the Mario universe forever ago

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Surgery sucks but hopefully after some recovery I'll get better.
I'm very late to respond to this, but having had to go through surgery myself, I honestly thought that the toughest part was the recovery afterwards. Once you're back home, it's not so bad otherwise.

You got anyone helping you while you recover?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Considering the sidequest with the Caretaker involves you rebuilding the Loyal 3 monument despite knowing what they did....

Kitakami really is a society.

Considering you don't have to catch them, I'm now imagining the Loyal Three scamming naive tourists while the Caretaker just looks the other way and gets his cut.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still haven't beaten Tears of the Kingdom or Pikmin 4.

I've also made even less progress with Pokemon Violet.

Annnnnnnd haven't even started Kirby and the Forgotten Land despite that game having released way earlier than all of the above.

...I really need a better way to organize and determine what games I should play and when lmao

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know how there’s the individual Toad and Yoshi vs the species? They should get their own names and some sort of unique aspect to their design to help them stand out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A question of ages that nobody but me had asked:
Is Mega Man cartoony, anime-y or both?
Depends on the design.

Most Mega Man designs originate in Japan so you might call them animesque but his look from Fully Charged would be cartoon-like, as its made by a Western studio.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Depends on the design.

Most Mega Man designs originate in Japan so you might call them animesque but his look from Fully Charged would be cartoon-like, as its made by a Western studio.
So Aki Light's a Scrimblo or what!?
Since he's cartoony and the show is based on a platforming franchise
=^)

Shroob

Sup?
So NASB2....

Yep, they cut Lincoln. 11 whole cuts it is. Including cutting 2 of the ninja turtles for 2 of the ninja turtles.

Really, what the **** lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just don't understand the direction this game is taking.

At all.
They improved a lot of the basic gameplay in a way that I can’t complain about. And they added a lot of really cool new characters. But in cutting the characters they did (and adding one or two select specific newcomers) they donked up the roster at a fundamental level and it kneecaps a lot of hype for the game.

Plus the color pallet is too muted and I’ll die on this hill.

Shroob

Sup?
They improved a lot of the basic gameplay in a way that I can’t complain about. And they added a lot of really cool new characters. But in cutting the characters they did (and adding one or two select specific newcomers) they donked up the roster at a fundamental level and it kneecaps a lot of hype for the game.

Plus the color pallet is too muted and I’ll die on this hill.
Yeah, all the changes and improvements seem legit great compared to the first game just

Eleven. 11. E-L-E-V-E-N cuts. And a ton of them are ****ing nonsensical.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Feels like the hype for the game just completely deflated.

"NASB2 with new graphics! New gimmicks! And new fan favorite characters!"

"YEAH!

"Also HALF the prior roster is cut, lol, lmao."

"....wait what?"
Don’t think they realized when they were planning the game out how much of a dealbreaker that would be for some people.

Please, someone illustrate them panickingly asking Nickelodeon for a budget increase or a delay so they can add them back in.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Soo many of the cuts are just, what were they thinking?

You add Squidward, which is great, but cut Sandy? Why?

Lincoln gets cut. The main character from Nick's 2nd most popular show?

You cut 2 of the Ninja Turtles... and replace them with 2 of the Ninja Turtles? Literally why?

Toph is a hugely fan favorite Avatar character AFAIK, and you cut them?

You literally nuked Catdog and Ah! Real Monster's representation to nothing.

Top Bottom